Why does it matter if Homosexuality is a choice or not?

Well anyway marriage means nothing now, so your kind has done it's job.

"Your kind"? What "kind" would that be, fellow Americans? Because I'm now legally married in all 50 states, your marriage means nothing? That wasn't much of a marriage.

Marriage means a great deal to most people still.
Right marriage has been redefined to mean anything. If blood relatives want to marry, sure. Oh, he is in love with his dog. Get married. Marriage once stood for something, now it's a joke. Oh by the way my marriage produced a son with out help from a 3rd person. Can yours?

"Your kind"? What "kind" would that be, fellow Americans? Because I'm now legally married in all 50 states, your marriage means nothing? That wasn't much of a marriage.

Right marriage has been redefined to mean anything.

Nope, not redefined at all. Marriage still means the same exact thing, it just means it to gay couples too.
If blood relatives want to marry, sure.

Blood relatives could already marry in some states. 1st cousins can marry. That was way before June 26th.
Oh, he is in love with his dog. Get married.

When was that ruling Captain Hyperbole?
Marriage once stood for something, now it's a joke.
Marriage still does. Don't blame gays because you have a bad marriage. My marriage to my partner of 20 years means a great deal to us. It's not affected by your failed marriage at all.
Oh by the way my marriage produced a son with out help from a 3rd person. Can yours?

Nope, but neither can millions of straight Americans that use assisted reproductive technology. I still have two gorgeous children that are legally and, more importantly, emotionally, the children of my wife and I. (I also had three babies for a gay male couple as a gestational surrogate) Can you do that? :lol:

Nope, and gays weren't treated differently under the law either. They had exactly the same rights as everyone else. Now they have more, the courts decreed it

Before the bans were fund unconstitutional:
  • Bob had a legal right to Civilly Marry Jane.
  • Joan did not have the right to Civilly Marry Jane.
  • Bob and Joan did not have the same right.
After the bans were fund unconstitutional:
  • Bob has a legal right to Civilly Marry Jane.
  • Joan has a legal right to Civilly Marry Jane.
  • Bob and Joan can both Civilly Marry Jane**
  • Bob and Joan have the same rights, not more.

(**individually of course, not together)

>>>>

Making life fair isn't a power of the courts. Being gay didn't change who you could marry, the job of the courts was over at that point and it became the job of the legislature

Making laws equal before the law though are the job of the court.

And the courts ruled- consistently that laws which prevented a person from marrying someone of the same gender, while allowing a person to marry someone of another gender- were not equal under the law.

Nothing about fair- just like you wanting for gays to pay for your marriage, but don't want to pay for a gay couple marriage is not about fair- just about you having yours and wanting to deny them theirs.
never understood that whole paying for my marriage thing, explain how that works. Gays getting married does not cost me or make me money. In actuality, I might actually save because of insurance liabilities if they pay for their own health insurance.

If you don't let gays get government marriage, they don't pay for their own health insurance, if you let them get a government marriage they do

:wtf:

Um...OK?

Do you think gay government marriage cut down on gays robbing banks too?
A family insurance plan is cheaper than two individual plans.
what does gay marriage have to do with robbing banks? Did they have to rob banks to afford their insurance before they were married?
I dont follow the lack of logic on your part.

Right marriage has been redefined to mean anything. If blood relatives want to marry, sure. Oh, he is in love with his dog. Get married. Marriage once stood for something, now it's a joke. Oh by the way my marriage produced a son with out help from a 3rd person. Can yours?
Marriage still stands for the same thing
two people that love each other, want to be there for each other to share their lives, hopefully make each other happy, and yes, have a legal bond that expresses all of this to the world. God forbid they might even want to adopt an Asian child and call themselves a family, might even get a dog, but I doubt they will include the dog on their marriage license.
as far as marrying animals? pretty sure thats not in the picture, and to be honest, its this type of hyperbole from both sides on many different issues that will cause people to discount what people have to say about the ills of gay marriage.
Interesting fact, Im married, I was married before gay marriage became legal any where, I was married before the first gays got married, Im still married now even though gays are getting married. You know its really hard to believe but, my marriage has not changed one bit since gays started getting married, Ive lost no rights and nothing in my world has changed other than seeing happy couples that just a few years back had to hide their relationship. I expect I will continue living regardless of gay marriage.

On the other side of the coin, I do think that a Christian business owner (such as the baker) should have the right not to be included in gay weddings if it is really against their religion and morals. Let the public decide if they want to frequent these places of business. Sooner or later it will all work out. Can you even imagine any business turning down a mixed race couple for marriage accommodations today? hard to believe it happened in the 60s and to some extent the 70s.

bottom line, Just accept that it now is, and will be forever. Might just ease a lot of pain to go ahead and celebrate their marriages instead of letting it eat away at your ass.

what does gay marriage have to do with robbing banks? Did they have to rob banks to afford their insurance before they were married?

I can't speak industry wide, but for us:
  • EE only coverages is around $700 per month in total premium
  • EE + Spouse is $1484 ($84 More than 700*2)
  • EE + Family is $2100 per month ($1400 over the cost of the single EE)

The above is total premium including employer + employee. The exact premium was rounded for privacy but the differential costs are correct.

Because it costs significantly more to cover a spouse, we do not allow spousal coverage if the spouse is (a) employed and (b) that employer offers health insurance. If (a) and (b) are true, the spouse must pick up their own health insurance through their employer.

>>>>

I can't speak industry wide, but for us:
  • EE only coverages is around $700 per month in total premium
  • EE + Spouse is $1484 ($84 More than 700*2)
  • EE + Family is $2100 per month ($1400 over the cost of the single EE)

The above is total premium including employer + employee. The exact premium was rounded for privacy but the differential costs are correct.

Because it costs significantly more to cover a spouse, we do not allow spousal coverage if the spouse is (a) employed and (b) that employer offers health insurance. If (a) and (b) are true, the spouse must pick up their own health insurance through their employer.

>>>>
Mine is actually lower with two. Odd.
I have United Health Care, I wonder if its different with different companies.
when I say lower I mean that (using your numbers) if 1 was 700, then the two might be 1200

Nope, not redefined at all. Marriage still means the same exact thing, it just means it to gay couples too.

Blood relatives could already marry in some states. 1st cousins can marry. That was way before June 26th.

Marriage still does. Don't blame gays because you have a bad marriage. My marriage to my partner of 20 years means a great deal to us. It's not affected by your failed marriage at all.
Oh by the way my marriage produced a son with out help from a 3rd person. Can yours?

Nope, but neither can millions of straight Americans that use assisted reproductive technology. I still have two gorgeous children that are legally and, more importantly, emotionally, the children of my wife and I. (I also had three babies for a gay male couple as a gestational surrogate) Can you do that? :lol:
Well congratulations you sacrificing three of your siblings for a social experiment. You know the liberal experiment with welfare turned out so well. Also abortion hasn't been a positive influence on society. In 1973 abortion wouldn't of become legal if it was known what liberals are doing today with unborn babies. So far liberal experiments has been a failure. So congratulations!

two people that love each other, want to be there for each other to share their lives, hopefully make each other happy, and yes, have a legal bond that expresses all of this to the world. God forbid they might even want to adopt an Asian child and call themselves a family, might even get a dog, but I doubt they will include the dog on their marriage license.
as far as marrying animals? pretty sure thats not in the picture, and to be honest, its this type of hyperbole from both sides on many different issues that will cause people to discount what people have to say about the ills of gay marriage.
Interesting fact, Im married, I was married before gay marriage became legal any where, I was married before the first gays got married, Im still married now even though gays are getting married. You know its really hard to believe but, my marriage has not changed one bit since gays started getting married, Ive lost no rights and nothing in my world has changed other than seeing happy couples that just a few years back had to hide their relationship. I expect I will continue living regardless of gay marriage.

On the other side of the coin, I do think that a Christian business owner (such as the baker) should have the right not to be included in gay weddings if it is really against their religion and morals. Let the public decide if they want to frequent these places of business. Sooner or later it will all work out. Can you even imagine any business turning down a mixed race couple for marriage accommodations today? hard to believe it happened in the 60s and to some extent the 70s.

bottom line, Just accept that it now is, and will be forever. Might just ease a lot of pain to go ahead and celebrate their marriages instead of letting it eat away at your ass.
Just wait the world is getting sick. There will be a push for marrying animals and liberals will cave on it. If it will get them votes.

Before the bans were fund unconstitutional:
  • Bob had a legal right to Civilly Marry Jane.
  • Joan did not have the right to Civilly Marry Jane.
  • Bob and Joan did not have the same right.
After the bans were fund unconstitutional:
  • Bob has a legal right to Civilly Marry Jane.
  • Joan has a legal right to Civilly Marry Jane.
  • Bob and Joan can both Civilly Marry Jane**
  • Bob and Joan have the same rights, not more.

(**individually of course, not together)

>>>>

Making life fair isn't a power of the courts. Being gay didn't change who you could marry, the job of the courts was over at that point and it became the job of the legislature

Making laws equal before the law though are the job of the court.

And the courts ruled- consistently that laws which prevented a person from marrying someone of the same gender, while allowing a person to marry someone of another gender- were not equal under the law.

Nothing about fair- just like you wanting for gays to pay for your marriage, but don't want to pay for a gay couple marriage is not about fair- just about you having yours and wanting to deny them theirs.
never understood that whole paying for my marriage thing, explain how that works. Gays getting married does not cost me or make me money. In actuality, I might actually save because of insurance liabilities if they pay for their own health insurance.

If you don't let gays get government marriage, they don't pay for their own health insurance, if you let them get a government marriage they do

:wtf:

Um...OK?

Do you think gay government marriage cut down on gays robbing banks too?
Whiff. Get someone you know to explain my post to you

Well congratulations you sacrificing three of your siblings for a social experiment. You know the liberal experiment with welfare turned out so well. Also abortion hasn't been a positive influence on society. In 1973 abortion wouldn't of become legal if it was known what liberals are doing today with unborn babies. So far liberal experiments has been a failure. So congratulations!
Liberal experiment?
are you really that ignorant to insult another person on that level? Maybe you should see how that "experiment" is going before putting it down. I personally know some hetero couples that I wouldn't trust my dog to, but you sound as if you would rather have a baby placed with them instead of what most likely is a loving home. Consider this, at this point in time when people are looking at kids raised by gay couples, do you think that gay couples would take any chance with those children that could show negative results to be used by people that think its wrong?
The only downside I see is that the child might get some bullying in school because of it, but the same could be said by single parent kids, adopted kids, kids of alcoholics or drug addicts.

Liberal experiment?
are you really that ignorant to insult another person on that level? Maybe you should see how that "experiment" is going before putting it down. I personally know some hetero couples that I wouldn't trust my dog to, but you sound as if you would rather have a baby placed with them instead of what most likely is a loving home. Consider this, at this point in time when people are looking at kids raised by gay couples, do you think that gay couples would take any chance with those children that could show negative results to be used by people that think its wrong?
The only downside I see is that the child might get some bullying in school because of it, but the same could be said by single parent kids, adopted kids, kids of alcoholics or drug addicts.
We will see in the next generation. Kids are already screwed up as it is. Why experiment with them even more?

Just wait the world is getting sick. There will be a push for marrying animals and liberals will cave on it. If it will get them votes.

Get a grip.

Get a grip.
I'm not the one that will cave, you get a grip. I say five years from now, someone will marry an animal and your kind will be calling us animalphobes.

What are you talking about? My siblings? I have one brother...he's childless.

Are you talking about the surrogate children? They aren't my siblings or my children's siblings. Look up gestational surrogate.

Sorry captain non sequitur but you'll have to start a thread on welfare and women's reproductive choices if you want to get trounced on those issues as well.

Get a grip.
I'm not the one that will cave, you get a grip. I say five years from now, someone will marry an animal and your kind will be calling us animalphobes.

:lol: Is the sky falling where you are?

hyperbole-poems.gif

Get a grip.
Going to require a change in the constitution since animals are not covered. Then once they are covered we cant eat them any more, and they will be eligible for kibble stamps and dog house allowances. Then we have the problem with the migratory birds, are they American? south American? North American? do they have duel citizenship? will they automatically be citizens if their illegal immigrant mother hatches them in a tree in the U.S? will this make the mother an automatic citizen? Weapons, do we make antlers and venom illegal and force those that have them to subject to a mental test and register to carry concealed venom? What if driving is determined to be a right, do I have to share the highway with bears in Civics? gerbils in KIA's.
Do you have any idea how long it will take to work all of this out?

Get a grip.

:lol: Is the sky falling where you are?

hyperbole-poems.gif
It did rain yesterday.

What are you talking about? My siblings? I have one brother...he's childless.

Are you talking about the surrogate children? They aren't my siblings or my children's siblings. Look up gestational surrogate.

Sorry captain non sequitur but you'll have to start a thread on welfare and women's reproductive choices if you want to get trounced on those issues as well.
Off topic but Im curious.
do you have contact with the children and do they know who you are to them, or did you all think it would be better if the children were not aware that you were the actual mother.
Im curious because I have some lesbian friends that at one time were hinting that I help them with having a child. The conversation passed so I never brought it up again. I thought it could end up being the end of our friendship.

Get a grip.

My kind? Too funny. Your pearl clutching drama is quite comical though.

Get a grip.

My kind? Too funny. Your pearl clutching drama is quite comical though.
Ease up on him you damn Zoophobe.
LOL

Forum List

Back