Why does GOD need us?

It appears for sure that the person that wrote the final book in the bible was insane.
The rest appear to be either historical or written to ensure control of the followers.

Not sure the last person that wrote the ending of the Bible was insane. Still, I think he would get along and be a friend of Charles Manson. Just insane in a way, that why so many people fear their idea of the end of the world and also so happy it can happen in their lifetime.

Again Why would an all powerful everlasting God need us to poor pathetic humans to worship him?
And what could he be jealous of?

He must be an insecure GOD if he wants us to be with him. GOD must have a mental illness if he really is a GOD.

God is so secure, in not needing us, that he can give everything to those who trust Him, and the others can be left out of the blessings. That does not mean that the offer is not there for all. It also does not mean that he does not love all. It just means that He is secure enough to let us all deal with our own personal deciasions. Those who choose to trust Him and accept the fact that He has removed the punishment of, and power of, and one day the presence of sin in our lives, will be in the midst of His awesome presence forever.

He is secure enough that He does not need for us to do anything in order to receive His blessings, other than to have faith in that very gift.

Like it or not, He does want us to be with Him, but that is for our benefit, not His. There is a lot more to this than can be written on a message board.

Good post but it does not explain the wrath of god when his orders are not followed or his being a jealous god.

Also, apparently God only needs 144,000 of us. Which means that several billion people are essentially unnecessary and extraneous. I'm going with that.

Satan will be cast out when Jesus returns leading the Army. He and any willing followers will be permanently put to death. Those that believed and accepted God will be given everlasting life. And will live on a restored Earth. Only 144000 will ascend to Heaven. Everyone else will reside on Earth.

There are a number of people that believe that President Obama is a non Christian. Say we have a really true non Christian President of the United States of America during the second coming of Jesus. If the President of the United States of America orders the military to fight back, would not that make everyone in the military never be able to enjoy the benefits of the second coming.

So if you’re a Christian you may be ordered to fight Jesus during the second coming. So you can risk your soul to be in the military.

That is when the true believers will step up to the plate, and serve God at any costs. Many believers will suffer greatly at that time, but they will know why, and will be marching full blast into the enemy of God. If that enemy is the USA, and the Military, so be it. If true believers are in the military, they will leave without second thought.

Second, You said, " why does GOD need us to be good so we can go to Heaven..." We cannot be good enough to help ourselves go to heaven. God does not need for us to be good, we are the ones who need for us to be good. Our being good will not get us anything in Heaven, it is our faith, and all that the faith brings upon us that we need.

FAITH, Hitler could had faith in GOD and caused the death of millions of people. Someone that never had faith in GOD, and never cuase a death of anyone. Faith, it just feels like it is a excuss with killing and accidence done onto others.

Did not Jesus tell his disciples that he would return in their lifetimes?

Also why are Devout Christians so afraid of death if their faith is strong?

So if you’re a Christian you may be ordered to fight Jesus during the second coming. So you can risk your soul to be in the military.

That is when the true believers will step up to the plate, and serve God at any costs. Many believers will suffer greatly at that time, but they will know why, and will be marching full blast into the enemy of God. If that enemy is the USA, and the Military, so be it. If true believers are in the military, they will leave without second thought.

You people are starting to scare me.

Starting to sound like it would be possible that the United States of America during the second coming could have a Nuclear Civil War.

What's weird is that there is another poster, on an entirely different board, talking about the same damn thing.

I wonder why...did they drink the Fox-ade?

That's the context for this Glenn Beck "War Games" show on Fox News this week -- one promoted, with some mild and obligatory caveats, by Michelle Malkin's Hot Air. In the segment below, he convened a panel that includes former CIA officer Michael Scheuer and Ret. U.S. Army Sgt. Major Tim Strong. They discuss a coming "civil war" led by American "Bubba" militias -- Beck says he "believes we're on this road" -- and they contemplate whether the U.S. military would follow the President's orders to subdue civil unrest or would instead join with "the people" in defense of their Constitutional rights against the Government (they agree that the U.S. military would be with "the people"):

Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

Good post but it does not explain the wrath of god when his orders are not followed or his being a jealous god.

I will assume that you were addressing my post.

Jealousy is understood in terms of man, the weakness of our definition is that it does not come close to God's. By man's definition, Jealousy can be a sinful thing, but does not necessarily have to be. However, even in it's strictest meaning, it is not nearly as strong as that of God.

In God, this word holds tight to the greatest love ever possible. It is a word that demands the greatest protection, and aggression against offenders of that which God loves. In the passage I am going to post here, a statement from C. H. Spurgeon, you will see that this is truly a good quality in God.

First, lets look at the definition according to man:
Main Entry: jeal·ous
Pronunciation: \ˈje-ləs\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English jelous, from Anglo-French gelus, from Vulgar Latin *zelosus, from Late Latin zelus zeal — more at zeal
Date: 13th century
1 a : intolerant of rivalry or unfaithfulness b : disposed to suspect rivalry or unfaithfulness
2 : hostile toward a rival or one believed to enjoy an advantage
3 : vigilant in guarding a possession <new colonies were jealous of their new independence — Scott Buchanan>
— jeal·ous·ly adverb

— jeal·ous·ness noun

Because of all that God has done on behalf of mankind, He certainly would consider it worthy of protection.

Here is the quote from Spurgeon:

A Jealous God  -- C. H. Spurgeon

IV. In the highest sense, THE LORD IS JEALOUS OVER HIS OWN PEOPLE.

Let me only hint, that human jealousy, although it will exercise itself over man's reputation, rights, and honor, hath one particularly tender place: jealousy guardeth, like an armed man, the marriage-covenant. A suspicion here is horrible. Even good old Jacob, when he came to die, could not look upon his son Reuben without remembering his offense. "He went up to my couch," said the old man—and, as if the remembrance was too painful for him, he hurried on from Reuben to the next. The Lord has been graciously pleased to say of his people, "I am married unto you." The covenant of grace is a marriage-covenant, and Christ's Church has become his spouse. It is here that God's jealousy is peculiarly liable to take fire. Men cannot be God's favourites without being the subjects of his watchfulness and jealousy: that which might be looked over in another will be chastened in a member of Christ. As a husband is jealous of his honor, so is the Lord Jesus much concerned for the purity of his Church.

The Lord Jesus Christ, of whom I now speak, is very jealous of your love, O believer. Did he not choose you? He cannot hear that you should choose another. Did he not buy you with his own blood? He cannot endure that you should think you are your own, or that you belong to this world. He loved you with such a love that he could not stop in heaven without you; he would sooner die than that you should perish; he stripped himself to nakedness that he might clothe you with beauty; he bowed his face to shame and spitting that he might lift you up to honor and glory, and he cannot endure that you should love the world, and the things of the world. His love is strong as death towards you, and therefore will be cruel as the grave. He will be as a cruel one towards you if you do not love him with a perfect heart. He will take away that husband; he will smite that child; he will bring you from riches to poverty, from health to sickness, even to the gates of the grave, because he loves you so much that he cannot endure that anything should stand between your heart's love and him. Be careful Christians, you that are married to Christ; remember, you are married to a jealous husband.

He is very jealous of your trust. He will not permit you to trust in an arm of flesh. He will not endure that you should hew out broken cisterns, when the overflowing fountain is always free to you. When we come up from the wilderness leaning upon our Beloved, then is our Beloved glad, but when we go down to the wilderness leaning on some other arm; when we trust in our own wisdom or the wisdom of a friend—worst of all, when we trust in any works of our own, he is angry, and will smite us with heavy blows that he may bring us to himself.

He is also very jealous of our company. It were well if a Christian could see nothing but Christ. When the wife of a Persian noble had been invited to the coronation of Darius, the question was asked of her by her husband—"Did you not think the king a most beautiful man?" and her answer was—"I cared not to look at the king; my eyes are for my husband only, for my heart is his." The Christian should say the same. There is nothing beneath the spacious arch of heaven comparable to Christ: there should be no one with whom we converse so much as with Jesus. To abide in him only, this is true love; but to commune with the world, to find solace in our comforts, to be loving this evil world, this is vexing to our jealous Lord. Do you not believe that nine out of ten of the troubles and pains of believers are the result of their love to some other person than Christ? Nail me to thy cross, thou bleeding Savior! Put thy thorn-crown upon my head to be a hedge to keep my thoughts within its bound! O for a fire to burn up all my wandering loves. O for a seal to stamp the name of my Beloved indelibly upon my heart! O love divine expel from me all carnal worldly loves, and fill me with thyself!

Dear friends, let this jealousy which should keep us near to Christ be also a comfort to us, for if we be married to Christ, and he be jealous of us, depend upon it this jealous husband will let none touch his spouse. Joel tells us that the Lord is jealous for his land, and Zechariah utters the word of the Lord, "I am jealous for Jerusalem, and for Zion with a great jealousy;" and then he declares that he will punish the heathen. And will he not avenge his own elect who cry unto him day and night? There is not a hard word spoken but the Lord shall avenge it! There is not a single deed done against us, but the strong hand of him who once died but now lives for us, shall take terrible vengeance upon all his adversaries. I am not afraid for the Church of God! I tremble not for the cause of God! Our jealous Husband will never let his Church be in danger, and if any smite her he will give them double for every blow. The gates of hell shall not prevail against his Church, but she shall prevail against the gates of hell. Her jealous Husband shall roll away her shame; her reproach shall be forgotten; her glory shall be fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners, for he that is jealous of himself is jealous for her fair fame. The subject is large and deep; let us prove that we understand it, by henceforth walking very carefully; and if any say "Why are you so precise?" let this be our answer—"I serve a jealous God."

Second, You said, " why does GOD need us to be good so we can go to Heaven..." We cannot be good enough to help ourselves go to heaven. God does not need for us to be good, we are the ones who need for us to be good. Our being good will not get us anything in Heaven, it is our faith, and all that the faith brings upon us that we need.

FAITH, Hitler could had faith in GOD and caused the death of millions of people. Someone that never had faith in GOD, and never cuase a death of anyone. Faith, it just feels like it is a excuss with killing and accidence done onto others.

There are radicals in every religion, and even in every secular area of life. They cause problems for others. However, radicals are not necessarily true to the group they say they represent. Hitler was crazy, and not at all in touch with God.

Looking at most religions, and even secular groups, most of the people are very kind and respectable people. The few jerks who kill are not the definition of any group, unless it is the total group phylosophy. Certainly that is not the case for Christians. They are not a killer religion.

Starting to sound like it would be possible that the United States of America during the second coming could have a Nuclear Civil War.

The events of the end times are way beyond my understanding. However, I do not believe God's people will be using weapons, as we know them. I believe they will be like David who had a slingshot against a giant, or Joshua as he went upagainst Jericho with only voices of praise, and instruments of praise. The war to watch will be the one against Jerusalem. Wow! No one will be able to deny a supernatural power as Jerusalem is seen to defeat the enemy. Few against many, but the few will win overwhelmingly.

Have been told by a number of people why they need GOD. My question, why does GOD need us to be good so we can go to Heaven, other than the lame reason of love, because if he loves us he would not willingly send anyone to Hell.

Let us say the reason is love from GOD. Well, how many people can GOD really love? If GOD is only willing to let in people that returns the love and love him in returns. To me, it looks like GOD is insecure about himself and this is the reason GOD has Hell.

Hell doesn't exist. At least not the fire and brimstone one.

God turned Earth over to Satan so that he could attempt to prove a point. The point being that man and Satan could run man's affairs without God and that man did not need God.

SO if Hell is the realm ruled by Satan then that is EARTH right now.

Satan will be cast out when Jesus returns leading the Army. He and any willing followers will be permanently put to death. Those that believed and accepted God will be given everlasting life. And will live on a restored Earth. Only 144000 will ascend to Heaven. Everyone else will reside on Earth.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ARdG5oseo[/ame]

Have been told by a number of people why they need GOD. My question, why does GOD need us to be good so we can go to Heaven, other than the lame reason of love, because if he loves us he would not willingly send anyone to Hell.

Let us say the reason is love from GOD. Well, how many people can GOD really love? If GOD is only willing to let in people that returns the love and love him in returns. To me, it looks like GOD is insecure about himself and this is the reason GOD has Hell.

God odes not need us. We are one of many oddities that God has created to amuse the Godself with until the Godself becomes tired and wipe creation cleaner than a bank slate.

We are proof that God is bored, and nothing more.

Forum List

Back