Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?

The primary purpose of these weapons is supression fire. A 30 round magazine sounds about right. How many rounds in a 9mm handgun these days? What if you're up against two of them? Sometimes burglers travel in groups.

some police carry 9mm (15-17 rounds) handguns......if the police carry them you can bet the criminals do too....
But do the police really need all that? Seventeen rounds? They probably only really need one round, because that's all it takes to incapacitate a person. Be sure they keep that one round in their pocket and not in the firearm, too. You know, just to be on the safe side.

The primary purpose of these weapons is supression fire. A 30 round magazine sounds about right. How many rounds in a 9mm handgun these days? What if you're up against two of them? Sometimes burglers travel in groups.

some police carry 9mm (15-17 rounds) handguns......if the police carry them you can bet the criminals do too....
But do the police really need all that? Seventeen rounds? They probably only really need one round, because that's all it takes to incapacitate a person. Be sure they keep that one round in their pocket and not in the firearm, too. You know, just to be on the safe side.

:lol: Okay, Officer Fife.

No one needs a 30 round magazine.

I support the constitution the way the founding fathers intended it to be. Every American should be able to own a musket, nothing more.

The 2nd amendment was designed so that the American people can defend themselves from a tyrannical government you numb-nutted puke.

I support the constitution the way the founding fathers intended it to be. Every American should be able to own a musket, nothing more.

The Founders supported the right of the people to have weapons appropriate to a militia, thus military type weapons. Unless you think the Marin Corps should be restricted to muzzle loaders, your argument is as stupid as your usual tripe.

The Feinstine bill will make AK47's and AK15's illegal to buy anymore.
She has no idea how she will be putting Americans Citizens in harms way.

Since her first bill expired in 2004, the Drug Cartel has gotten really bad near our borders.
Many of us, have armed ourselves.
She wants us to be at the mercy of these Drug Cartels.
Drug Cartels Cross Rio Grande To Kidnap U.S. Citizens for Smuggling Runs, Not

Herrera said that his sheriff’s office only has 5 deputies per shift to patrol a county that is 1,249 square miles.

“And to try to secure 85 miles of river [along the border], you can’t do it,” Herrera said.

Herrera said that kidnappings aren’t the only violence that is spilling over from Mexico. He said ranchers and other residents feel constantly threatened by drug cartel activity in the county.

“The ranchers up here are afraid to be out there by themselves,” Herrera said. “They are all armed.”

“I know ranchers who have sold their property here in Maverick County,” Herrera said, adding that ranches in the county can be 8,000 to 9,000 acres in size.

Herrera said houses have been burglarized and even cattle stolen and transported across the river to Mexico.

Herrera said more manpower – “boots on the ground” – is needed to stem Mexican drug cartel violence, and if Napolitano comes to visit Maverick County he would show her what his department faces on a daily basis.

“We’re the first responders,” Herrera said. “When something happens out there, they don’t call border patrol, they don’t call DEA, they don’t call ICE, they don’t call the FBI, they don’t call the marshals.

“We’re the first ones to respond,” Herrera said. “They call the Maverick County Sheriff’s Office.”

Herrera, who was born in Eagle Pass, said he used to visit Mexico regularly to eat at a favorite restaurant or to visit friends for hunting trips. Now, he says, it’s too dangerous.

“Since 2004, I have not been across that river,” Herrera said.

“When I was chief deputy here in the ‘80s we didn’t have so many problems like it is today,” Herrera said. “It’s getting worse and worse.”

yeah right......they're all Dirty Harrys..........:cool:

Nobody needs to tell me what I need!

For some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia 30 round magazines are a necessity

Senator Dianne Feinstein's latest divide-and-conquer attack on the Second Amendment has made even Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) a sucker for the argument that private citizens do not need high-capacity magazines. These include not only 30-round rifle magazines, but 17-round magazines for handguns like the Glock.

Why does anybody need a high capacity magazine? If Senator Manchin were to educate himself by, for example, attending Front Sight's four-day defensive handgun class, he would learn the two primary answers:

(1) Failure to stop the aggressor
(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors
(gang bangers don't play nice)

Read more: Articles: Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

They showed a clip of a guy shooting an assault weapon with a 30 round on a news program this morning. All they have to do is show that thing over and over and plenty of people will understand why nobody needs one.

Extremely powerful weapon, the guy was barely holding onto it. There is no good reason why citizens need this type of automatic weapon. Your excuses are stupid and so are you.

There is a lot of things in life you do not need.

Does that mean you should not want what you do not need?

I don't need a 30 round magizine, I own many of them.

I don't need more than one pistol, I own nine.

I don't need more than one long rifle, I own twelve.

I don't need a Thompson 1928 submachine gun (full auto) but I own two.

I don't need an M16 with a tri-burst pack, but I own one.

I don't need to be a firearm collector, but I enjoy collecting and shooting firearms.

You don't need to like it and no one is forcing you to.

Senator Dianne Feinstein's latest divide-and-conquer attack on the Second Amendment has made even Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) a sucker for the argument that private citizens do not need high-capacity magazines. These include not only 30-round rifle magazines, but 17-round magazines for handguns like the Glock.

Why does anybody need a high capacity magazine? If Senator Manchin were to educate himself by, for example, attending Front Sight's four-day defensive handgun class, he would learn the two primary answers:

(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors

They showed a clip of a guy shooting an assault weapon with a 30 round on a news program this morning. All they have to do is show that thing over and over and plenty of people will understand why nobody needs one.

Extremely powerful weapon, the guy was barely holding onto it. There is no good reason why citizens need this type of automatic weapon. Your excuses are stupid and so are you.

There is a lot of things in life you do not need.

Does that mean you should not want what you do not need?

I don't need a 30 round magizine, I own many of them.

I don't need more than one pistol, I own nine.

I don't need more than one long rifle, I own twelve.

I don't need a Thompson 1928 submachine gun (full auto) but I own two.

I don't need an M16 with a tri-burst pack, but I own one.

I don't need to be a firearm collector, but I enjoy collecting and shooting firearms.

You don't need to like it and no one is forcing you to.

That's your business what you do and do not own or need.. so stay out of ours. You don't get to decide what we do or do not need, comprende?

The 2nd amendment was designed so that the American people can defend themselves from a tyrannical government you numb-nutted puke.

Right, that's why I support your right to own a single shot musket.

Which part of the constitution gives you the right to own a semi-automatic gun with a 30 round clip?

For some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia 30 round magazines are a necessity
Isn't there 42 soldiers in an infantry platoon? Since haplophobe math dictates a 1:1 kill ratio, that still leaves me shy by a dozen.

The Founders supported the right of the people to have weapons appropriate to a militia, thus military type weapons. Unless you think the Marin Corps should be restricted to muzzle loaders, your argument is as stupid as your usual tripe.

That's a pretty convenient interpretation.

(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXrAt7-ij2k]Magazine Ban of 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors

That's just what we need, more 30 round magazines in gangland.

Forum List

Back