Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?

No one needs a 30 round magazine.

I support the constitution the way the founding fathers intended it to be. Every American should be able to own a musket, nothing more.

sigh... it's so tiresome to try to educate each and every dumbfuck who comes along...

but here goes...

the Framers intended that all able-bodied and law-abiding citizens have access to the latest small-arms technology...

and, btw, it wasn't muskets that won us independence, but rather Kentucky long rifles, which were a home-grown advancement over the standard-issue muskets carried by the British soldiers...

Not...exactly. For the Continental Army, the standard weapon was still a smoothbore musket. The reason was simple: until the advent of the Minie ball in the mid-19th century, it was much faster to load a smoothbore than a rifled musket.

Rate of homocides per 100,000 (any method) --4.96

Rate of Gun Homicide per 100,000 People -- 2.98

Rate of Suicides per 100,000 (any method) --11.96

Rate of gun suicide per 100,000 --5.75

But we've made suicide illegal, too, and also work to mitigate it, with education, outreach and hotlines.

Maybe working on gun violence, too, is something to think about, and not merely suck LaPierre dick.

Just a thought.

Anyone attempting suicide and failing should be given a single-shot 10-gauge, one slug, and detailed instructions on doing it right.

That efforts to reduce it, as well as other crimes, is a worthwhile pursuit.

Have you contacted your senator to demand comprehensive rope control - hanging is the #1 form of suicide for males, and comprehensive razor blade control? (Slit wrist is #1 for females!)

Who really needs 200lb test rope? Shouldn't there be a background check and a 40 day waiting period for razor purchases? (What do I care, I have a beard...)

Come on commies, people are dying from lack of regulation and you micromanaging their lives...

Honestly...I would have guessed pills and/or booze for women and probably for men.

But we've made suicide illegal, too, and also work to mitigate it, with education, outreach and hotlines.

Maybe working on gun violence, too, is something to think about, and not merely suck LaPierre dick.

Just a thought.

Anyone attempting suicide and failing should be given a single-shot 10-gauge, one slug, and detailed instructions on doing it right.

Or therapy, to help with the depression. It's more legal than assisted suicide, if that helps.

Just a thought.

"Remove your right shoe and sock, insert barrel into your mouth and push the trigger with your big toe."

VOILA!!

Just a thought.

"Remove your right shoe and sock, insert barrel into your mouth and push the trigger with your big toe."

VOILA!!

No luck!!! Barefoot, good toe dexterity, and yet nada. Does the slug go in the shotgun? I always thought they used cartridges / shells. Hmmm?

Damnit. I need to join the NRA, get American Rifleman and keep up on this shit. I too can have the IQ of a cabbage!!!

Senator Dianne Feinstein's latest divide-and-conquer attack on the Second Amendment has made even Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) a sucker for the argument that private citizens do not need high-capacity magazines. These include not only 30-round rifle magazines, but 17-round magazines for handguns like the Glock.

Why does anybody need a high capacity magazine? If Senator Manchin were to educate himself by, for example, attending Front Sight's four-day defensive handgun class, he would learn the two primary answers:

(1) Failure to stop the aggressor
(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors
(gang bangers don't play nice)

Read more: Articles: Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

1) Failures and white trash who get on playing out Rambo fantasies on watermelon and cans.

2) And psychotics.

We seem to have a lot in this thread.

VOILA!!

No luck!!! Barefoot, good toe dexterity, and yet nada. Does the slug go in the shotgun? I always thought they used cartridges / shells. Hmmm?

Damnit. I need to join the NRA, get American Rifleman and keep up on this shit. I too can have the IQ of a cabbage!!!

In your case, that would be a substantial increase!

Senator Dianne Feinstein's latest divide-and-conquer attack on the Second Amendment has made even Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) a sucker for the argument that private citizens do not need high-capacity magazines. These include not only 30-round rifle magazines, but 17-round magazines for handguns like the Glock.

Why does anybody need a high capacity magazine? If Senator Manchin were to educate himself by, for example, attending Front Sight's four-day defensive handgun class, he would learn the two primary answers:

(1) Failure to stop the aggressor
(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors
(gang bangers don't play nice)

Read more: Articles: Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

1) Failures and white trash who get on playing out Rambo fantasies on watermelon and cans.

2) And psychotics.

We seem to have a lot in this thread.

A liberal racist....who knew? :eusa_eh:

47632_332596823520941_1890326026_n.jpg
True, but beware of these people not letting a good crisis go to waste either...

So in this collective thinking, they (Obama and company) figure that in order to keep Chicago feeling like they are not really all that bad, and this when they try and get those guns from those thugs there, well then they (Obama and company) figure that they will have to make the whole nation suffer the same fate maybe when do this, then afterwards they will have escaped the stigmatism of being labeled as a city that had to be dealt with in that very strict way, and all because of thugism, criminalism and evey other kind of ism that has made a home there these days in that failed liberal state.

They figure if they equal or level the playing field by bringing all down to Chicago's level, just so Chicago won't feel like they are being picked on or bullied by the government you see, then they would have done right in their minds.... I mean we wouldn't want to hurt Chicago's feelings now would we, by making them own their problems all by their little biddy selves now would we, so we all should suffer because of these liberal failed states now? Don't cha see the writting on the walls with all this collective thinking now yall ? Otherwise lets just punish all for what some are doing, just so we don't make them feel bad or targetted as being bad, and this now happens because by doing this, it muddies the water so badly that if there are any backlashes, it will be hard to figure out who or what has done this thing in which will have been done...

You see this is evidence of cowards being in power in America these days, and this is what this is all about, where as they can't make decisions on matters without muddying the water real bad now, and this in order to cover their cowardly trails afterwards.

I'm no lawyer, but I think you have a serious case against whoever supposedly taught you English.
LOL, so is this the only thing you have to say about what I wrote ? Still laughing...LOL

Sure, it's my argument. It's my hypothesis.....and thus far all evidence supports my argument. Feel free though to provide anything that explains why anyone would NEED a 30 round magazine.

I dunno.

Are you on PCP?

Fuckers on PCP are hard to knock down.

I believe my wife is going to use 60 round magazines regardless of what you and Diane Fiendstain conclude.

So people on PCP are immune to the first 29 bullets? Interesting.
No just 28 bullets, the 29th finally took'em down...

Sorry, I missed that clause that said citizens should have access to the latest small arms technology.

Also, which part of that states that anyone NEEDS a 30 round magazine?

But please, "educate" me some more!

Sorry, I missed that 2nd Amendment clause that says citizens can't have access to the latest small arms technology or own a 30 round magazine......... :dunno:

Remember this thread is about "NEEDS" per the subject thread. Feel free to start your own thread about your perceived rights.

Again, no one NEEDS a 30 round magazine.
I need a 30 round mag 3 times more than a 10 round mag.

How the hell do you presume to KNOW what anyone "needs"?

Again, why is Mexico the only country that is relevant? Because you say so?

I thought your point was that gun control laws don't work? If you refuse to look at countries where gun control laws do work that would be what is known as being dishonest.

You found one example and think that means all gun control wont work. That would be like me saying if you don't hit your target with every shot than guns obviously aren't a good method of deterrent since they don't hit the mark EVERY TIME.

ok gun control why are their still murders in other countries and cities in America that have strict gun control. Their should be 0 murders with a gun. Your defense of gun control is failing. Show me one country or state that has complete gun control with 0 murders.

Because of fear, jealousy and anger. Those things do not go away, nor will they if we ban certain types of weapons. You'll still be able to shoot some folks, even saving one for yourself. Happens all the time, even with low-cap handguns.

But maybe loons who are on a mission to cause as much pain as they can on the way out, will have greater difficutly acquiring massively lethal weapons. And those things that are more difficult, will be done less, on average.

Meanwhile, the 2A is still alive and well; and folks who hunt, target-shoot, or just have tiny dicks and need to compensate, still can. But, fingers crossed, maybe the loons will be less leathal, and some kids, co-workers, etc, can go home to their families, who mightn't have otherwise.

That's the idea, anyway. Not "grab guns," merely make the choice of guns more rational.
I personally think that the most dangerous thing we should all look at, is not nessesarily the gun or guns found in these equasions, but more so the tactical gear being purchased and worn by the perps, as to be looked strongly at now instead. I think this kind of gear for citizens should defintely be banned from them, because there is absolutely no reason for anyone for whom are not the police or the military, to ever have such gear as this. I think this gear makes a person feel invinsible beyond reason, and it hightens their levels of bad mentality to over come the police or anyone who gets in their way, and this to heights we can't even begin to imagine. After that put a weapon in their hand (any weapon), and you get a mixture of bad character and invinsibility that they feel is simply un-stoppable.

Without this gear, it is very easy to take out a person who goes on a rampage I think, than it is to take a person out who has such gear on or is worn like this upon their person during a crime situation. The California gun weilding villans we watched in horror a good while back now (1997), who were robbing the bank that day, were wearing this gear, in which made it almost impossible it seemed to stop them. One guy was taken down by a sharp shooter who aimed and shot him in the shoulder that riccashade to his spine, while the gunman also delivered simutaneously a single shot to his own throat killing himself, as the other one was taken down behind that pick up truck when he tried to apprehend the truck as a last ditch effort by him on that day I think ? These two also had fully automatic weapons, in which was highly illegal also, but the gear was the best thing they probably felt that they had going on that day, because it let them do maximum damage before being taken down themselves.

Make tactical (bullet proof vest and etc.) totally illegal for the citizens to buy, sell and/or own anymore, not unless they are in law enforcement or active duty military. No exceptions period!

I will say this much about that, where as it is not the gun(s) that is the most dangerous, but rather the tactical gear being worn, in which becomes the motivator that is building the courage up in these bad guy's, to then try these evil endevours in which they wish to try, especially once fully outfitted in these ways, and this is when they go out to do such that they have been doing again lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the citizens don't have it the cops won't need theirs.
What you mean the tactical vest and gear that the police have now and wear, you don't think they need them if the citizens can't and/or don't have them ?????? You are kidding me with this response right ?

I think that the criminal minded citizen out there, would be less likely to think of himself as invinsible and as bad ace as they do, if they didn't have the gear they have been wearing with their weapons carried lately. Also it would make it much easier for anyone who is carrying that is a good guy, to take the critter down without them having this gear to wear to begin with. How this nation got to the point that it figured that people need this kind of gear to protect themselves as ordinary citizens, is well beyond my paygrade of thinking, especially with common sense in life.

Having weapons/guns is one thing, but having body armor is rediculous as well as extremely un-nessesary for a citizen to need or have such as this in their life, and it should be highly illegal to have (imho)..

Last edited:
At the time the Constitution was written citizens had the same weapons as the military. Where's my tank?

At the time the Constitution was written citizens had the same weapons as the military. Where's my tank?

You can't operate a basic dog grooming business. How the fuck are you competent enough to handle a tank.

Forum List

Back