Why do you think this country needs more invested in the Military.

Our military does what they are asked to do
Provide a global presence to extend our power and influence

We currently spend 46 cents of every military dollar in the world

There is no need for it. The threat is not there

Time to push the burden on to EU, Japan and S Korea

Myopic.
Wrong

We are not in any part of the world to be nice. We are there to protect and advance our own national interests. Threats take more forms than the likes of you can comprehend.
Still wrong

Fortunately, those who know better make real decisions.

Our military does what they are asked to do
Provide a global presence to extend our power and influence

We currently spend 46 cents of every military dollar in the world

There is no need for it. The threat is not there

Time to push the burden on to EU, Japan and S Korea

Myopic.
Wrong

We are not in any part of the world to be nice. We are there to protect and advance our own national interests. Threats take more forms than the likes of you can comprehend.
Still wrong

Fortunately, you are not one of them

Still wrong

I am not. Nor are you.

Still wrong

I am not. Nor are you.
Wrong

Bullshit thats the point, pressance is what has to go we ar e in 300 to 800 bases outside of our country ,depending how you count bases. The rest of the world 15 or 20. You're so full of shit your eyes are brown. Your source is as idiotic as you can get. Even the military denies most of this bullshit your trying to sell here. From your bullshit source. I'd advise anyone who is interested to look at the first joke page this guy gives as a source. The second is better but leave out the fact that we shouldn't be in 95% of the areas we have combat troops in now and with that taken care of , we are in fantastic shape. That's the whole point we shouldn't be there. It is not protecting this country it is only supporting corporate interest. There is no reason in the world that any Young American dies for any fucking corporate interest......
This response from this nut with the ring in his nose should be looked at for it's insanity, look at what he is trying to sell and look at the facts
Didnt bother to read did ya.......yeah we could spend less in other areas......savings however would not cover this shortage
You don't read what You use for reference. The government study was talking about keeping the same presence. Do you first know what that means. I doubt it. That is the point. the total point, We have 300 to 800 american bases outside of the us. Depending on how you count them. The rest of the world has close to 20 all together. That is what presence means and that is my point, you get rid of that presence around the world and you stick to what the military is suppose to do and that is protect our border and our country. No fucking wars like your trying to sell, trying to protect some corporate interest with the deaths of young Americans. If that is done and we stop with the Empire building , we need a military about half the freakin size it is now. Your the one , along with you hate party ,that want to use the young in our country for cannon fodder for someone's pocket book. Screw it. and screw all the people that thinks that is what our military should do. Sending our young to be slaughtered for some corporations bottom line is what the right wants for this country/
LLMMMaaaooo......deny all you want .......talking point trooper......still just your uninformed opinion
ya you bet , it's your own reference that I'm responding out of. Your just another gun bubba that wants our young killed dead for the bottom line profits of corporation that would eat our children for their bottom line. How stupid do you have to be to sell out the young in this country and the country itself by having them get killed for some company you have invested in. That is the description of the lowest kind of human being.

Idiotic. Nobody dies for anybodies bottom line. Stop insulting and slandering our troops. I doubt you know your own motives let alone anyone else's.
Here you go the comment of the day from the haters in the hate party. How Naive , how ignorant, how blind, Wonder what Eisenhower meant when he said ""In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."" Your just have no clue cowboy. -“The ease with which money
forgives bayonets and lies to justify the massacre with reasoned arguments” Does everyone see 9thlDdoc in these words.
This guy says I slandered the troops , which of course is a insult to me. something in no way did I say. Nor would I ever. SO we will play to, this guy is a old dude that's living in the past wearing his moth eaten military uniform that hasn't fit him in 30 years. Fighting the wars from his couch in his underwear and uniform jacket.

The military is for corporate interest as far as 90% of the right wing is concerned. If they don't realize that it is a fact then they are dumb. Thats their only excuse. You want to lead the world as far as corporate profits is concerned , pay for better education all free through college and beyond. We will lead the world economically for ever and will gain way more then the wasting of money on wars that are 100% lies , Like the Bush disaster.

You are a prime example of how a college education would be wasted on someone like you. You are dumber than a post and lie so often that you cannot string a fact together if your life depended on it.
Our military does not defend our borders. We could defend our borders with ten percent of our existing military

Our military defends our global interests. Those interests are determined by corporate entities determined to protect their cash flow

We have a Border Patrol.
And they haven't seen an enemy invasion in 200 years

An invasion is currently continuing across our Southern border.
Our military defends and asserts our national interests which is what it exists for. If our national interests don't coincide with yours it is you that are wrong. whining about it is good for a laugh but doesn't help anything.
The military does not defend our borders nor do the defend the people in this country , the police do, the military exist for one reason and that is to protect our borders from invasion. Not some clown calling migrant workers or drug smugglers a invasion. These wackos have to be stuffed down so this government will not OK the deaths of our military young for the bottom line of some corporation. These Make believe gun bubbas playing military from their couch tell us it's Ok to have our young die for issues that have nothing to do with this countries freedom , borders or anything other then the interest of Big Business. We have been in 117 wars , we have only been invaded twice and we also where in the two world wars beyond that , corporate America was sending out the troops as gun fodder. There been 4 wars that we belonged in and 103 that were total complete ignorant lies, many of them where simply murder by war.

Our military does not defend our borders. We could defend our borders with ten percent of our existing military

Our military defends our global interests. Those interests are determined by corporate entities determined to protect their cash flow

We have a Border Patrol.

Our military defends and asserts our national interests which is what it exists for. If our national interests don't coincide with yours it is you that are wrong. whining about it is good for a laugh but doesn't help anything.

Yea.....how often do invaders work for you at slave wages?

"Yea.....how often do invaders work for you at slave wages?"
Usually.

"No, that is not how our nation works. My country right or wrong is the least patriotic thing you can say"
Bullshit. Your opinion may very well be wrong. If not it remains your country and it is your responsibility to change what is wrong; not the other way around. Ridiculous to think a majority of citizens are going to change their opinion just because you whine real loud.
Ya you bet that's why the patriots in this country are putting everything into getting rid of President Scum Bag and his Bagettes. Those being the biggest threat and biggest enemy of this country.

LLMMMaaaooo......deny all you want .......talking point trooper......still just your uninformed opinion
ya you bet , it's your own reference that I'm responding out of. Your just another gun bubba that wants our young killed dead for the bottom line profits of corporation that would eat our children for their bottom line. How stupid do you have to be to sell out the young in this country and the country itself by having them get killed for some company you have invested in. That is the description of the lowest kind of human being.

Idiotic. Nobody dies for anybodies bottom line. Stop insulting and slandering our troops. I doubt you know your own motives let alone anyone else's.

The troops enlist to defend our country. They trust their lives to the decisions being made by our President and Congress

Too often in the past, those lives have been sacrificed for spurious reasons not related to the defense of our country. The conflicts we have chosen to engage in have had more to do with politics and economics than defending our freedom
We’re currently involved in a pointless conflict we have chosen to engage in having solely to do with politics and economics, and nothing to do with defending our freedom.

Totally untrue. We continue to have an enemy that has killed or maimed many of our citizen with numerous terror attacks and has shown no sign of quitting. Stopping our war on terror while that enemy still exists is nothing short of idiotic and suicidal.
Ok bang bang. kill everyone. There is no war on terror other in a rhetorical concept. Terror isn't a place a , terror comes from many directions. Terrorism is fighting against Ideas. You also don't get to define what terrorism is for this country, I would say that these right wing bubbas that have shootouts with the police are terrorist. So I don't nor do you get to define what terrorism is in this country. but like I said you like the idea of our young getting killed in this country in wars. Sound familiar.

Still wrong

I am not. Nor are you.
Wrong

Oh, you make US foreign policy now?

You are a prime example of how a college education would be wasted on someone like you. You are dumber than a post and lie so often that you cannot string a fact together if your life depended on it.

We have a Border Patrol.

The military does not defend our borders nor do the defend the people in this country , the police do, the military exist for one reason and that is to protect our borders from invasion. Not some clown calling migrant workers or drug smugglers a invasion. These wackos have to be stuffed down so this government will not OK the deaths of our military young for the bottom line of some corporation. These Make believe gun bubbas playing military from their couch tell us it's Ok to have our young die for issues that have nothing to do with this countries freedom , borders or anything other then the interest of Big Business. We have been in 117 wars , we have only been invaded twice and we also where in the two world wars beyond that , corporate America was sending out the troops as gun fodder. There been 4 wars that we belonged in and 103 that were total complete ignorant lies, many of them where simply murder by war.

The full lefty BULLSHIT that the OP intended all along, revealed at last.

The US spends 36 cents of every military dollar around the world. Look at the other countries....where is the threat?

20170424_Military_Expenditure.jpg

What do we get for our $611 billion? What do we give up?

Modern infrastructure (roads, water, sanitation, communications)
Healthcare
Education
R&D in energy, health, communications, transportation....money that is now invested in R&D for military purposes

Last edited:
Can anyone explain WHY we would need to spend more than that $611 billion on that chart?

"There is no need for it. The threat is not there"

Yeah? Tell that to the folks at the WTC or the Boston marathon,
Denial won't make the threat go away.

Good point

We have the most powerful military in the history of mankind and we can't stop a couple guys with box cutters or a pressure cooker bomb

Throwing more money into an additional carrier task force will not make us safer

Certainly will if it kills them before they fly planes into our buildings planting explosive charges or tossing ICBMs with WMD our way. No terrorists=no terror.
Such a dream world

How do you stop a crazed moron like shot up that church in Texas today?

Stealth bombers or an aircraft carrier

The police and armed citizens; not the job of the military as you well know and you are off topic.

Good point

We have the most powerful military in the history of mankind and we can't stop a couple guys with box cutters or a pressure cooker bomb

Throwing more money into an additional carrier task force will not make us safer

Certainly will if it kills them before they fly planes into our buildings planting explosive charges or tossing ICBMs with WMD our way. No terrorists=no terror.
Such a dream world

The police and armed citizens; not the job of the military as you well know and you are off topic.

Very true

So why do we need $600 billion a year on a military that does not keep us safe?

Didnt bother to read did ya.......yeah we could spend less in other areas......savings however would not cover this shortage
You don't read what You use for reference. The government study was talking about keeping the same presence. Do you first know what that means. I doubt it. That is the point. the total point, We have 300 to 800 american bases outside of the us. Depending on how you count them. The rest of the world has close to 20 all together. That is what presence means and that is my point, you get rid of that presence around the world and you stick to what the military is suppose to do and that is protect our border and our country. No fucking wars like your trying to sell, trying to protect some corporate interest with the deaths of young Americans. If that is done and we stop with the Empire building , we need a military about half the freakin size it is now. Your the one , along with you hate party ,that want to use the young in our country for cannon fodder for someone's pocket book. Screw it. and screw all the people that thinks that is what our military should do. Sending our young to be slaughtered for some corporations bottom line is what the right wants for this country/

Here you go the comment of the day from the haters in the hate party. How Naive , how ignorant, how blind, Wonder what Eisenhower meant when he said ""In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."" Your just have no clue cowboy. -“The ease with which money
forgives bayonets and lies to justify the massacre with reasoned arguments” Does everyone see 9thlDdoc in these words.
This guy says I slandered the troops , which of course is a insult to me. something in no way did I say. Nor would I ever. SO we will play to, this guy is a old dude that's living in the past wearing his moth eaten military uniform that hasn't fit him in 30 years. Fighting the wars from his couch in his underwear and uniform jacket.

Cute, but just another snowflake attempting to justify his own hatred slander and nastiness by attacking me and spouting totally irrelevant quotes.

Cute, but just another snowflake attempting to justify his own hatred slander and nastiness by attacking me and spouting totally irrelevant quotes.
Your a very small person and every time you respond your showing us why. You live totally in a fantasy world that doesn't in any way exist, I feel sorry for your hate. Its boundless.

Good point

Such a dream world

Very true

Obviously to support our Sons and Daughters who sacrifice much to keep us safe. I have no use for those who too miserly to pay them or for their tools of the trade necessary to keep both them and us alive and free. Especially while also giving away taxpayer money arms and ammunition to our enemies.

Good point

Such a dream world

Very true

Obviously to support our Sons and Daughters who sacrifice much to keep us safe. I have no use for those who too miserly to pay them or for their tools of the trade necessary to keep both them and us alive and free. Especially while also giving away taxpayer money arms and ammunition to our enemies.

We do support them
They are the most powerful military in the history of mankind

The question is the existing threat and how do we need to define their mission in response to that threat

We are spending $600 billion a year on our military
What is the threat?

We have a Border Patrol.

Totally delusional without a trace of logic. Sad.

Your a very small person and every time you respond your showing us why. You live totally in a fantasy world that doesn't in any way exist, I feel sorry for your hate. Its boundless.

At least I know how to spell "you're".

Forum List

Back