Why do you have have racist/or racial prejudices?

Racism is a lie. At best, an unprovable allegation. An exaggeration. I have seen what I believed to be racism. It was a fleeting thing in a instance were tempers flared and disappeared when people calmed down and used rational thought. But WHY is it only white people are left with the stigma? Blacks hate TOO. Slavery ended 147 years ago with the loss of countless men that were white... and that itself can't be ignored. But it always seems to be lost, white folks died to set black folk free. Blacks need to ...get over the past. Blacks hang on to the past, as an excuse for their own flaws and they DO sometimes hate whites more than is justified or reasonable. That would also be racism, if we applied the same rules and logic to everyone.

Blacks out of all the races are the most racist in our society.

It is taught to them at birth how evil the white man is.

Thankfully some blacks don't subscribe to that line of thought.

Whites out of all the races are the most racist in our society.

It is taught to them at birth about "white privilege" and how to oppress blacks and other "mud races".

Thankfully some whites don't subscribe to that line of thought.

tell us about this white privilege you speak of.

I want more info.

I don't know, I just was making a play on that guy's post in order to demonstrate how stupid his baseless generalization was.

As I mentioned in another thread I'm really new but among the subjects that are being discussed, I noticed some people commenting have some serious racist/prejudice views towards people of color (primarily African-Americans). Now to make my thread clear let me clarify that by having a racist view, I'm talking about:

(A) Actions, beliefs, attitudes, and practices which are typically considered socially negative, attributed to those entities of that particular ethnic group.
Racial Prejudice:

(B) an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand without knowledge, thought, or reason of a particular individual and/or group of that particular ethnic group.

I notice some of you are pointing out statistics to validate your reason (no I don't recognize Wikipedia as a scholarly source of information when debating) without actually citing some references. So it leads me to believe that a lot of these views are basically inherent and these views are most likely based on personal accounts and feelings not necessarily fact. I want to discuss the why's on your particular racist views and whether or not it makes actual sense.
This is crap, as is I doubt you are a clinical anything psychologist. There are no more racist people on this board than the blacks. Perhaps you should be asking them why they so hate whitey.

:eusa_whistle:

As I mentioned in another thread I'm really new but among the subjects that are being discussed, I noticed some people commenting have some serious racist/prejudice views towards people of color (primarily African-Americans). Now to make my thread clear let me clarify that by having a racist view, I'm talking about:

(A) Actions, beliefs, attitudes, and practices which are typically considered socially negative, attributed to those entities of that particular ethnic group.
Racial Prejudice:

(B) an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand without knowledge, thought, or reason of a particular individual and/or group of that particular ethnic group.

I notice some of you are pointing out statistics to validate your reason (no I don't recognize Wikipedia as a scholarly source of information when debating) without actually citing some references. So it leads me to believe that a lot of these views are basically inherent and these views are most likely based on personal accounts and feelings not necessarily fact. I want to discuss the why's on your particular racist views and whether or not it makes actual sense.

Why are some blacks ashamed to be Americans?

Why must they used the hyphenated "african-american"?

The vast majority of them have never been to Africa.

It's obvious to me that they wish to seperate themselves from the rest of us and that in my opinion is very bigoted.

Look, as you rightfully mentioned the word "some," I think you need to take your beef up with the census bereau and political activist who wanted to make categorization politically correct. You see, the phenomenon which you dispute regarding African-Americans' affinity with identifying with Africa stems from the obvious ancestral lineage of slavery. If you want to be technical by right, African-Americans are not historically indigenuous to North America, nor are whites as the early settlers were English not Native America. In addition because of the system of racism via slavery blacks were taught to forget their heritage so its not surprising at the end of slavery and the fight during the civil rights era that many African-Americans still retain the title "African-American." It is not to be anti-American, its about being politically correct, and also having some sort of cultural link with Africa.

Let's all be clear, none of the "ethnic classifications" that we fill out are accurate anyway. Caucasians aren't literally white, nor are African-Americans "black" or Latinos "brown." Minorities in this country didn't design racial classifications nor did they develop a system of segragation based on "color." While your complaining about the patriotism of African-Americans perhaps you would in the same tone, complain about the racism and the injustices many minorities faced in the last few hundreds of years.

Racism is a lie. At best, an unprovable allegation. An exaggeration. I have seen what I believed to be racism. It was a fleeting thing in a instance were tempers flared and disappeared when people calmed down and used rational thought. But WHY is it only white people are left with the stigma? Blacks hate TOO. Slavery ended 147 years ago with the loss of countless men that were white... and that itself can't be ignored. But it always seems to be lost, white folks died to set black folk free. Blacks need to ...get over the past. Blacks hang on to the past, as an excuse for their own flaws and they DO sometimes hate whites more than is justified or reasonable. That would also be racism, if we applied the same rules and logic to everyone.

Haven't you heard the line "the past determines the future?"

I agree with you in that many African-Americans need to not use the past to determine their thought for today. But that is not to say African-Americans need to forget slavery. No, as an African-American I will never erase what the pioneers of my ancestry have done for me. But trying looking at the dynamics as to why there is possibly a continuance of anger. For example, I am a college graduate. I live in Los Angeles, and one day while walking down the street a cop stopped me, searched me and asked me "where are you going?"

Needless to say when he ran my name for warrants he acted surprised. I wasn't surprised for sure since being pulled over whether walking or driving is a common occurence. No matter how educated, or if you hold a white collar job, or speak with eloquence there is still that racist element in society that continuously seek out that negativity.

Look at Barack Obama. The man was elected. Born citizen of the United States yet during the election he was accused of being Muslim (like his faith mattered anyway) and that he was Kenyan (and was even called Arab). Donald Trump made his birth an issue and people are still wondering whether he was actually born in Hawaii! I have applied for government positions and the background procedure is strenuous! Not only do you have to provide a certified copy of your birth certificate, but also your credit report, along with places you'ved lived within the last x amount of years.

The point in saying all that is we still live in a society that continues to play race as an issue without looking at the content of a person's character. This in turn will continue to pour gasoline on the fire. I, as a black man am not angry but I know that as long as I live in this society I will not be entirely judged on my character.

Racism, by definition, is the belief that one race is superior to another.

Black simply choose to exclude whites from their societies and their cultures (HBCUs, BET etc etc). That is not racism. That is discrimination. There's a difference. The Blacks I know do not consider whites an inferior race. Whites however have a history of not only inferring, but enforcing the inverse. That is where the animosity that blacks feel towards whites come from.

Also, when a people suffer systematic injustices for CENTURIES,it is only natural that they will want their descendants to remember the sacrifices, the struggles, the oppression, the atrocities that they suffered through at the hands of a race who considered themselves utterly superior. Why should the ancestors forget such a thing? Simply because the same atrocities don't happen now? This is indeed true, for the most part. But I absolutely reject the notion that Blacks simply should forget about entire centuries of oppression. It's wholly ridiculous.

White people indeed died during the Civil War. It was not for the freedom of slaves however. Lincoln had no intention to do as such until his hand was forced. It is widely known nowadays that if he could've fought and won that war without freeing a single slave, he would've done so. So yes, white people died in that war. People die in war. When two sides full of whites fight a war, many whites are going to die in said war. Simple math, that.

My observation of those who say shit like the above is that it is born out of frustration and an overall lack of knowledge of how to properly address this topic.

None of us, black or white, know what it feels like to truly feel oppressed by anyone for any sustained amount of time. You telling people to simply "get over it" proves just how ignorant you are on this. It would be wise to seek the proper knowledge before speaking on this subject, but hey....free country and what not. Feel free to continue on in your ignorance. It will make nothing of what I just said any less true.

Racial Prejudice:

First of all let me be the first to honestly say any one can have racial tendencies, however it does seem to be more common with conservatives but certainly not limited to them.

I think the main reasons is fear, mistrust, anger, and even some thing as silly as "they look different"

I absolutely reject the notion that Blacks simply should forget about entire centuries of oppression. It's wholly ridiculous.

Yes, almost as ridiculous as everything else you wrote in that post.

That all you got?

What exactly in my post was ridiculous? I expect facts and sources to back up your rebuttal.

Anyone can spout out one-liners to a thoughtful post just to get a reaction. Can you back yours up?

Yes, almost as ridiculous as everything else you wrote in that post.

That all you got?

What exactly in my post was ridiculous?

That black people cannot be racist, or that white people did not die for the cause of ending slavery. That is just ridiculous.

Point out in my post where I said black people cannot be racist. You will find that I said quite the opposite, but of course you cherry picked my post for the bits that seems the most sensationalist to you.

And white people did not die to end slavery. Popular belief has it that slavery was what led to the Civil War, but this is not the case. The South rebelled because they felt the North was growing too oppressive towards their way of life. While this way of life includes slavery, it's abolition was NOT the endgame of the Lincoln administration.

So I ask again....what exactly is so ridiculous about what I just said?

Quote: Originally Posted by MaryL
No,we hang onto the past to prevent it to ever happen again.We will never become slaves to anyone ever again.You think a lot of white men died during the civil war,just let them try to bring slavery back.There wont be any white men left.
Power to my people.

Unkotare I don't mean to jump in between you guys' side debate but since you guys were on the subject of whites dying in the civil war I wanted to present some facts off top of my head (I will give some references when I am available at work).

Regarding the so-called idea that Abraham Lincoln freed slaves via "Emancipation Proclamation" let me say that upon my recollection it didn't free slaves. Since the south broke away from the north, Abraham Lincoln couldn't make slave owners living in the confederate states obey the Emancipation Proclamation. The Emancipation Proclamation didn't even include slaves in the border states and in parts of Southern territory under the North's rule like Virginia, Tennessee, (I forgot the other one). What actually freed all slaves was the 13th Amendment which became law after the civil war in 1865.

Second, the reason why the Union Army allowed freed slaves amongst their ranks was because the North was losing the war. Abolitionist believed that by introducing the Emancipation Proclamation this would help the North to win the war against the Confederate army your talking about an estimation between 200-500,000 "freed" slaves joining the union army. So although whites did die during the civil war it wasn't to free slaves the Emancipation Proclamation was introduced to win the war. I mean it was strategic, since Lincoln didn't have control of the Confederate states (due to his failure to bring them back to the union) what better way to win the war by telling slaves not living under the Confederate states that joining the army would gain them freedom?

Regarding the so-called idea that Abraham Lincoln freed slaves via "Emancipation Proclamation" let me say that upon my recollection it didn't free slaves.

Only those living in those states that were in open rebellion against the Union at the time. Lincoln obviously did not have the authority to abolish slavery itself unilaterally.

Whites aren't worthy of the air they breath.

One thing I find about blacks is a unjustified ego. Seriously, half of your population on this planet live very poorly, but you somehow think that you're better than anyone else. LOL. Some of your better nations still have over 50% of your entire population living on less than a few dollars per day. One major weakness within your race is the fact that blacks don't think or consider anything. Just fuck and beat your chest!

That race you say doesn't deserve to breath air has done more towards advancing humanity than you could ever do. Not even in another hundred thousand more years. Not until at least the day you're willing to think about your own improvement as a people.

That race has stolen every invention made in this country

You wouldn't be typing on a keyboard
Looking at a computer
Hell, you wouldn't even have electric power to run it if it wasn't for that race you hate so much.

You wouldn't have much more than drums or smoke signals if it wasn't for the white man. Prove me wrong as I'm very interested in learning. :eusa_silenced: I'm far from a closed minded person. :)

You'd likely be bowing to a chief as there wouldn't be a concept of democracy(Greece, Rome) without white people. Likely no human rights as chief bow-bong wouldn't want to be questioned. Look at most of the world before the first century BC to understand this quite well.

You wouldn't drive a car, truck or ride on a train. lol!

If you hate whitey so much why do you use his inventions??? LOL!!!

whose inventions it sure wasn't whitey,he stole those inventions from the original inventors and claimed them as his own.:clap2:

Yet, you wonder why we whites think highly of ourselves? We're one of the few races on this planet that has earned it. You blacks expect whites to kiss your ass and accept 4-5 times the level of violence within our societies, and you wonder why people judge you??? LOL:badgrin: Somehow me not liking this is worse than some black guy doing the raping to you. This is a mindset that disgusts me about blacks.

whitey has brought more violence ,and atrocities in this and other countries then the Blackman could ever.
whitey has been fighting Brown and Black people since forever.He'll learn sooner then later,that Black and Brown people aren't gonna just lay down for them.

You expect a free hand up within our society, yet you don't want me to judge you?

You expect us not to judge Obama, but that's simply a must within our society. One of the most damaging things the left can push is this "racist" bullshit at this time. The very fabric of our democratic system could be harmed. Not that you give a damn.
I dont give a damn.

The fact that you can't be reasoned with is a good part of why I'm a racist. Being able to discuss and work towards better is a huge part of human advancement.

and whitey doesn't have the fortitude to work toward a better world.

Somehow with the black track record, I doubt they're going to come to the table with anything that would benefit society. O'noo's, we must hate whitey and never adapt successful idea's into our mindset.

The Black man has brought more to the table then the white man could ever

I don't care how you judge me. You don't matter.
and neither do you.

Forum List

Back