Why do you have have racist/or racial prejudices?

Aristotle

Sep 9, 2012
As I mentioned in another thread I'm really new but among the subjects that are being discussed, I noticed some people commenting have some serious racist/prejudice views towards people of color (primarily African-Americans). Now to make my thread clear let me clarify that by having a racist view, I'm talking about:

(A) Actions, beliefs, attitudes, and practices which are typically considered socially negative, attributed to those entities of that particular ethnic group.
Racial Prejudice:

(B) an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand without knowledge, thought, or reason of a particular individual and/or group of that particular ethnic group.

I notice some of you are pointing out statistics to validate your reason (no I don't recognize Wikipedia as a scholarly source of information when debating) without actually citing some references. So it leads me to believe that a lot of these views are basically inherent and these views are most likely based on personal accounts and feelings not necessarily fact. I want to discuss the why's on your particular racist views and whether or not it makes actual sense.

As I mentioned in another thread I'm really new but among the subjects that are being discussed, I noticed some people commenting have some serious racist/prejudice views towards people of color (primarily African-Americans). Now to make my thread clear let me clarify that by having a racist view, I'm talking about:

(A) Actions, beliefs, attitudes, and practices which are typically considered socially negative, attributed to those entities of that particular ethnic group.
Racial Prejudice:

(B) an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand without knowledge, thought, or reason of a particular individual and/or group of that particular ethnic group.

I notice some of you are pointing out statistics to validate your reason (no I don't recognize Wikipedia as a scholarly source of information when debating) without actually citing some references. So it leads me to believe that a lot of these views are basically inherent and these views are most likely based on personal accounts and feelings not necessarily fact. I want to discuss the why's on your particular racist views and whether or not it makes actual sense.

since you are new I'll point out that you may want to look at some threads startd by blacks that are racists toward whites.

I don't want to accuse you of having double standards quite yet

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I think most racism is based on ignorance - and no race has a monpoly on that.

In my experience, all races are capable of racism, and will always find some random group to hate - be that Muslims, Jews, Kikuyu, Serbs, Hmong or Mende.

On some cases there are strong historical facts to explain the hatred, but to my mind it is never justified.

My mother always hated the Japanese because she knew people tortured in their camps in WWII. I dated a Japanese girl for a year and my mother eventually found her as charming as I did. Sometimes that is all it takes.

I would point you to the wealth of data showing that blacks are, as a group, inherently less intelligent than whites. By about 15 IQ points. It's summed nicely in "The Bell Curve", but there are plenty of other sources, if you're interested.

Are you?

Most people who scream about "racism" have no interest in the data, scientific or otherwise. You sound rational enough, but there is no more controversial topic, and nobody ever seems to care about facts.

Racial Prejudice:

since you are new I'll point out that you may want to look at some threads startd by blacks that are racists toward whites.

I don't want to accuse you of having double standards quite yet

My teacher always said "if your friends jumped off a bridge would you jump?"

Someone else's racism doesn't justify you being racist. It's called being an adult and accepting that other people simply have ignorant views. The fact that folks find it acceptable to respond to racism with racism is a contradiction of their own values of fairness.

I would point you to the wealth of data showing that blacks are, as a group, inherently less intelligent than whites. By about 15 IQ points. It's summed nicely in "The Bell Curve", but there are plenty of other sources, if you're interested.

Are you?

Most people who scream about "racism" have no interest in the data, scientific or otherwise. You sound rational enough, but there is no more controversial topic, and nobody ever seems to care about facts.

First off, the IQ test is not a justification, nor an answer to the Op, as to why you are racist. The question is why your racist. Why do you encourage a view that is not only irrational, but a blanket view of tens of millions of people you hardly know? For examp[le, an IQ test or tests is considered at least historically, racially biased. For one, social psychologist have highlighted varying levels of intelligence. So basing hatred based on IQ test is hardly a proxy for justifying hatred of an entire ethnic group.

Are you?

First off, the IQ test is not a justification, nor an answer to the Op, as to why you are racist. The question is why your racist. Why do you encourage a view that is not only irrational, but a blanket view of tens of millions of people you hardly know? For examp[le, an IQ test or tests is considered at least historically, racially biased. For one, social psychologist have highlighted varying levels of intelligence. So basing hatred based on IQ test is hardly a proxy for justifying hatred of an entire ethnic group.

Translation: you're not interested in the facts, or research that contradicts your own viewpoint. And anything that's not your viewpoint is "racist."

Yawn.

Are you?

Translation: you're not interested in the facts, or research that contradicts your own viewpoint. And anything that's not your viewpoint is "racist."

Yawn.

Sorry I am assisting clinical psychologist and neuropsychologist so my information comes from credible sources. If you want more info on intelligence here is a site that is easily readable.

Intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However I will say if your points are true provide a link....

Are you?

Quick question for ya. Why does this gap disappear when testing home-schooled students? Can't say that it's because home-schooled kids aren't as smart as others because they test better than public and private schools. Also there has been no instance of public or private school black kids testing better than whites. Even when they attend the same schools or in other words "Get the same education" Yet a guy like Geoffrey Canada can take the worst kids in Harlem and have them testing better than whites. So what we have here is quit a conundrum. For years and years people have been saying that blacks are less intelligent because no matter what, black kids just couldn't close that achievement gap. Now with home-schooling and the HCZ the gap has been closed and in some cases even passed. How do you explain this? It is no longer a question intelligence, it becomes a question of why these kids and not those kids.

Are you?

Quick question for ya. Why does this gap disappear when testing home-schooled students? Can't say that it's because home-schooled kids aren't as smart as others because they test better than public and private schools. Also there has been no instance of public or private school black kids testing better than whites. Even when they attend the same schools or in other words "Get the same education" Yet a guy like Geoffrey Canada can take the worst kids in Harlem and have them testing better than whites. So what we have here is quit a conundrum. For years and years people have been saying that blacks are less intelligent because no matter what, black kids just couldn't close that achievement gap. Now with home-schooling and the HCZ the gap has been closed and in some cases even passed. How do you explain this? It is no longer a question intelligence, it becomes a question of why these kids and not those kids.
Ok I know the old "Show me a link" bull sheet is coming so here is the data you will most likely overlook. BTW I just liked the title on the first one so I don't need the old crap about where it came from you can easily look up the how did you say "wealth of data" on the subject.
News and Views: Bad News for White Supremacists; Home-Schooled Blacks Do Just as Well as Homeschooled Whites on Standardized Tests
News and Views: Bad News for White Supremacists; Home-Schooled Blacks Do Just as Well as Homeschooled Whites on Standardized Tests - The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education | HighBeam Research

The Harlem Miracle
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/08/opinion/08brooks.html

Afros are worthless animals. I'm not racist. What Afros are has nothing to do with me.

Are you?

good then we can stop affirmative action and efforts to close the achievement gap since it doesn't exist.
in the future
I'll reference both your post and aristotle's as unbiased educational reaserch

Are you?

Essentially you can point to all the studies you want. Most of them have an agenda. It's seriously impossible to know what sort of pool they are using, either.

And it doesn't factor in generational and economic abuses heaped upon the people they are testing. And the type of questions included in these tests are pretty ethnocentric.

By in large, you find that given the same start..most people would test pretty closely.

Are you?

good then we can stop affirmative action and efforts to close the achievement gap since it doesn't exist.
in the future
I'll reference both your post and aristotle's as unbiased educational reaserch
OK first off let me say that my response does not say that there is no achievement gap at all. I said there is no achievement gap in home-schooled and HCZ students. The gap still exists in public and private schools. Second wtf does affirmative action have to do with this? Is this the same affirmative action that was ruled unconstitutional by SCOTUS? And did you also know that.... AHH fuggit

Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race

Blacks cause 5 times the murder rate per person
Everyone of the top 20 most violent places in this country is because of blacks
Blacks have a very high level of rape, violence, ect
Blacks score 80-90 points lower on the sat no matter the income
5.5 points lower on the act
They destroy our edcuational system and communities whereever they're found.

Last edited:

Racial Prejudice:

According to our esteemed member Ravi, racial prejudice and discrimination isn't racism, it's simply acting on stereotypes.

I hate to destroy your thoughtful OP like this, but thems the breaks yo.

According to the study, white females married to black males are 12.4 times more likely to be murdered by their husbands than white females married to white males. The same study shows that white men married to black women are 21.4 times more likely to be murdered by their wife than white men married to white women. The study shows that white women married to black men have the single highest risk of death by femicide of any married women in the US.
http://cofcc.org/2012/04/miscegenation-sin...-can-engage-in/

The scores, being released today, show that the achievement gap between the top-scoring students — Asians and whites — and the lowest scoring — African Americans, Hispanics and American Indians — has grown slightly between 2007 and 2011.

• for whites, 22.1 in 2007 to 22.4 in 2011
• for African Americans, the score remained at 17 for both years

2011 ACT scores show problems with college readiness - The Answer Sheet - The Washington Post

There isn't one piece of data that shows whites and blacks as equal...Honestly, there's at least solid data in support of my belief system, while none for yours.

Here is a chart from 2006-2010 of Whites, Asians, blacks, meso's
(ACT)
Average ACT Composite Test Scores by Race/Ethnicity, 2006

This shows the gap staying between 21-29 points.
http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/library...ar-old-students

Gap at age 17 increased. Which is most important when dealing with people going towards a higher education.

SAT scores for 2006

Whites
Reading-527, Math-536, Writing-519
Blacks
Reading-434, Math-429, Writing-428

SAT scores for 2007

Whites
Reading-527, Math-534, Writing-518
Blacks
Reading-433, Math-429, Writing-425

Average SAT Scores, 1972–2007 — Infoplease.com

SAT Ethnic Group Scores (Math/Verbal+total)

• African American-----426/431 (857)
• White-----534/529 (1063)

ACT

• African American ----16.9
• Caucasian---- 21.7

http://www.blackexcel.org/06-sat-act...-ethnicity.htm

Quote from attached SAT/ACT article:

"Readiness for college science and math coursework was particularly low among
African American students. Only 5 percent of African American test-takers scored
at or above the college-readiness benchmark for college biology, and just 10
percent attained the readiness benchmark for college algebra. Ferguson said
Black students were less likely than others to take tough, college-prep courses
and "often don't receive the information and guidance they need to properly plan
for college."

In the United States in 2005, 37,460 white females were sexually assaulted or raped by a black man, while between zero and ten black females were sexually assaulted or raped by a white man.
What this means is that every day in the United States, over one hundred white women are raped or sexually assaulted by a black man.

http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/Rea...e.asp?ID=28129

Here, look at the DOJ PDF yourself: http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/cvus05.pdf

Look at table 42.

Quote:
In Table 42, entitled "Personal crimes of violence, 2005, percent distribution of single-offender victimizations, based on race of victims, by type of crime and perceived race of offender," we learn that there were 111,590 white victims and 36,620 black victims of rape or sexual assault in 2005. (The number of rapes is not distinguished from those of sexual assaults; it is maddening that sexual assault, an ill-defined category that covers various types of criminal acts ranging from penetration to inappropriate touching, is conflated with the more specific crime of rape.) In the 111,590 cases in which the victim of rape or sexual assault was white, 44.5 percent of the offenders were white, and 33.6 percent of the offenders were black. In the 36,620 cases in which the victim of rape or sexual assault was black, 100 percent of the offenders were black, and 0.0 percent of the offenders were white. The table explains that 0.0 percent means that there were under 10 incidents nationally.

STDs
Blacks have highest rate in proportion to population than any other race.
http://www.cdc.gov/stdconference/200...ricans2000.htm
Racial and Ethnic Minorities - STD Surveillance 2006
CDC Features - National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day

Incarceration
Blacks are 8 time more likely to commit crime than whites or any other race.
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf
More stats: The Color of Crime

illegitamacy:
70% of black children were born out-of-wedlock (bastards)
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr55/nvsr55_01.pdf
The highest number of ANY race.
Illegitimate Nation: An Examination of Out-of-Wedlock Births Among Immigrants and Natives | Center for Immigration Studies

New Topics

Forum List

Back