Why do you have have racist/or racial prejudices?

Aristotle,

Why do you insist on the hyphenated "African-American" instead of simply American?

I don't understand why people that want to be equal also want to be viewed differently.

Aristotle,

Why do you insist on the hyphenated "African-American" instead of simply American?

I don't understand why people that want to be equal also want to be viewed differently.

That apply to Italian-Americans, German-Americans, Polish-Americans, Slovak-Americans, Cuban-Americans, Mexican-Americans, Haitian-Americans and all the other hyphenated ones too?

They constantly talk up their pride in their heritage and even dedicate whole calendar days to them. Saw some woman with a license plate holder that said "Scottish-American" with both flags on it. Shouldn't they simply be "Americans" if we're to follow your logic? Shouldn't there just be an American flag on that woman's license plate?

Why do you have have racist/or racial prejudices?

all humans search for patterns in their environments and in their lives. the better the pattern recognition, the more success.

unfortunately for blacks experience shows a pattern of increased social dysfunction. without better available information any individual should be more suspicious of blacks. dont blame the stereotypes, blame the people who supplied the evidence in the past. if you knew the payoff was different for each colour of slot machine would you play the ones with tthe worst payout?

Is this thread anything more than a sanctimonious profession of your own purity?

If my intelligence bothers feel free to ignore me

You are kind of overdoing it with the "Let me tell you about my degrees" bit. It doesn't actually make you seem intelligent, just desperate for affirmation.

I really don't need affirmation. I mention my degrees and education on purpose. If you haven't noticed. I am regurgitating my accomplishments because so long as this espousing of black intellectual inferiority is an issue I would like to know how come I have outdone whites in my class. As I mentioned to the other guy if you don't like it feel free to ignore me.

Aristotle,

I just explained this already mpages ago.

You are kind of overdoing it with the "Let me tell you about my degrees" bit. It doesn't actually make you seem intelligent, just desperate for affirmation.

I really don't need affirmation.

So you say, but you are coming across as mighty desperate and insecure, champ.

Not really. Honestly I don't need confirmation. If that is how you see my words fine. It's your opinion. But on the otherside of this computer monitor I am smiling and laughing. The fact that everyone with the "blacks are intellectually inferior" mantra is continuously regurgitating that nonsensical mantra without explaining how someone such as myself do not fit the racial stereotype its amusing. Until someone can demonstrate scientifically how a black man such as myself was intellectually superior to his graduating classmates I will continue my so-called "intellectual superiority" mantra. Yes mantra is the word of the day.

As I mentioned in another thread I'm really new but among the subjects that are being discussed, I noticed some people commenting have some serious racist/prejudice views towards people of color (primarily African-Americans). Now to make my thread clear let me clarify that by having a racist view, I'm talking about:

(A) Actions, beliefs, attitudes, and practices which are typically considered socially negative, attributed to those entities of that particular ethnic group.
Racial Prejudice:

(B) an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand without knowledge, thought, or reason of a particular individual and/or group of that particular ethnic group.

I notice some of you are pointing out statistics to validate your reason (no I don't recognize Wikipedia as a scholarly source of information when debating) without actually citing some references. So it leads me to believe that a lot of these views are basically inherent and these views are most likely based on personal accounts and feelings not necessarily fact. I want to discuss the why's on your particular racist views and whether or not it makes actual sense.

it's a great time saver

It's easy for racist dullards to hide behind "group statistics", why not be intelligent and concentrate on the individual? I often hear and read a lot of so-called conservatives spout the "individual", yet they often like to lump people into groups when the statistics may support their attitudes. I'm not saying this is you, but I would rather concentrate on the individual.

Because when it comes to formulating good policy, group characteristics are hugely important. No society could ever be made to accommodate every individual with a custom fit.

Stats do show that when it comes to crime rates, intelligence, illegitimacy, etc., blacks are abysmal compared to whites. They are a very, very different breed of human.

That's not to excuse slavery, but what we face today is a highly dysfunctional society. "Diversity" is a load of crap -- worse that communism as a recipe for disaster.

Ok William Joyce you're obviously a racist, and since that is apparent, let us do some fact checking. Allow me to ask you a couple of questions:

1) What is your highest form of education?
2) What is your occupation?
3) Do you rent or own your own home, or condo?
4) If you are a college graduate what was your score (if you can recall) on the GRE, LSAT, MCAT?

Once you answer this I will respond to you in the same manner. Judging by your writing skill, I'm sure you'll lie so please make it good when you respond.

****Spoiler Alert*****

I'm doing this to see if me being black, and a different breed of human is inferior to William Joyce. Or if you prefer I can make a separate thread where you and I have a debate of wits and see if your theory is correct. Remember I am black, and if I outsmart you (which I will) your theory will be disproved.

To those thinking I'm trolling him I am in actuality proving a point.

That you're an idiot?

***this Unkotare stuff is rubbing off on me***

Because when it comes to formulating good policy, group characteristics are hugely important. No society could ever be made to accommodate every individual with a custom fit.

Stats do show that when it comes to crime rates, intelligence, illegitimacy, etc., blacks are abysmal compared to whites. They are a very, very different breed of human.

That's not to excuse slavery, but what we face today is a highly dysfunctional society. "Diversity" is a load of crap -- worse that communism as a recipe for disaster.

Ok William Joyce you're obviously a racist, and since that is apparent, let us do some fact checking. Allow me to ask you a couple of questions:

1) What is your highest form of education?
2) What is your occupation?
3) Do you rent or own your own home, or condo?
4) If you are a college graduate what was your score (if you can recall) on the GRE, LSAT, MCAT?

Once you answer this I will respond to you in the same manner. Judging by your writing skill, I'm sure you'll lie so please make it good when you respond.

****Spoiler Alert*****

I'm doing this to see if me being black, and a different breed of human is inferior to William Joyce. Or if you prefer I can make a separate thread where you and I have a debate of wits and see if your theory is correct. Remember I am black, and if I outsmart you (which I will) your theory will be disproved.

To those thinking I'm trolling him I am in actuality proving a point.

That you're an idiot?

***this Unkotare stuff is rubbing off on me***

The fact that you resort to name calling instead of politely declining to answer is telling.....Very typical. I thought whites were smarter? I guess you lacking in proper etiquette demonstrates that the IQ genetic argument is flawed.

Crime stats and test scores in this thread are irrelevant. The question remains: "why do you retain racial prejudices?"

An African-American(s) who commit crimes or failing to meet societal testing standards has nothing to do with your personal feelings.

Forum List

Back