CDZ Why do you eat pork if it is forbidden in the Bible?

Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man. - Mark 7:14

thanks S.J. I was too lazy to google------but I do recall---
Jesus was spoke to an incident in which he did not wash
his hands for lunch When I read it----long ago----I interpreted like a jew (jew that I am...) To me it seemed that whilst attending lunch with a group of people he wished to INSTRUCT-----do a little lesson in the Pharisee manner----HE
POINTEDLY DID NOT WASH HIS HANDS so that he had the
OPPORTUNITY to comment in sum and substance>> "you focus on ritual at a time when people
are spitting nonsense in the streets and courts"?

If Jesus wanted to do away with dietary laws----he would
have SAID SO. There is not the slightest hint in the NT---that jesus ate bacon and eggs that day----for lunch----he just
did not wash his hands--------got that everyone?. Of course---I am not a theologian. There are Chassidic stories
that kinda hit on similar ideas----the theme being
"WHAT's MORE IMPORTANT" ?????

I am also reminded of the fact that Einstein often
did not take the time to put on his socks
There was good reason for dietary restrictions in both the Bible and the Quran. Those restrictions were set in a much larger context of healthy living, not just diet. With little know about the human body, prevention of disease, and medical treatments, following these restrictions made sense then and some still do today. However, many of these prohibitions are not really as important today with the advances in our knowledge and technology.

the general -----"teaching" by rabbis today is-----just don't eat it------no real reasons necessary and no need to invent
any.
Whether reason is necessary depends or whether you think for yourself or just blindly follow.

Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man. - Mark 7:14

his hands for lunch When I read it----long ago----I interpreted like a jew (jew that I am...) To me it seemed that whilst attending lunch with a group of people he wished to INSTRUCT-----do a little lesson in the Pharisee manner----HE
OPPORTUNITY to comment in sum and substance>> "you focus on ritual at a time when people

have SAID SO. There is not the slightest hint in the NT---that jesus ate bacon and eggs that day----for lunch----he just
did not wash his hands--------got that everyone?. Of course---I am not a theologian. There are Chassidic stories

There was good reason for dietary restrictions in both the Bible and the Quran. Those restrictions were set in a much larger context of healthy living, not just diet. With little know about the human body, prevention of disease, and medical treatments, following these restrictions made sense then and some still do today. However, many of these prohibitions are not really as important today with the advances in our knowledge and technology.

the general -----"teaching" by rabbis today is-----just don't eat it------no real reasons necessary and no need to invent
any.
Whether reason is necessary depends or whether you think for yourself or just blindly follow.

be not cynical------some religious ritual is purely symbolic

no he didn't You are interpreting a translation of a translation of a translation-----which was written down by a person who
wasn't there.

No, I'm not.

If we look in the original Greek language we would read and translate it:

ti ouk eisporeúetai autoú eis
Because not it entereth into

teén kardían all eis teén
his heart, but into the

koilían kaí eis tón afedroóna
belly, and into the draught,

ekporeúetai katharízoon pánta tá
goeth out purging all

broómata
meats?

In other words the food that we eat is purified by the stomach.

Here's why....

bacon.jpg

THIS! Couldn't have said it better!

Ditto^2 that.

And to anyone who thinks pork and bacon are unhealthy: more for the rest of us!

no he didn't You are interpreting a translation of a translation of a translation-----which was written down by a person who
wasn't there.

No, I'm not.

If we look in the original Greek language we would read and translate it:

ti ouk eisporeúetai autoú eis
Because not it entereth into

teén kardían all eis teén
his heart, but into the

koilían kaí eis tón afedroóna
belly, and into the draught,

ekporeúetai katharízoon pánta tá
goeth out purging all

broómata
meats?

In other words the food that we eat is purified by the stomach.

Jesus did not speak greek

It's the original translations, with all "modern man" translations removed.

Just face it, he said pork is clean. Good god get over it.

Its unhealthy. I love the way bacon smells when its cooking but can only take a few bites.
Could you explain how you came to the conclusion that bacon is "unhealthy"?

I will help----probably because it is------full of saturated animal fats, cholesterol and SALT-----and even nitrates (I think---don't quote me)

Those are myths. Saturated animal fats, cholesterol and salt are not unhealthy. Carbohydrates and sugar do far more damage.

Its unhealthy. I love the way bacon smells when its cooking but can only take a few bites.

I will help----probably because it is------full of saturated animal fats, cholesterol and SALT-----and even nitrates (I think---don't quote me)

Those are myths. Saturated animal fats, cholesterol and salt are not unhealthy. Carbohydrates and sugar do far more damage.

not myths----carbohydrates and sugars are both ESSSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS for us humans----it is
a matter of quantity. Fats are also essential----but we
get too much----unsaturated fats are better. Salt is not
essential as an ADDITION ---more than enough sodium
in nature. Refined sugar is not essential----but better than
no sugar at all ----there is more than enough in nature----enough in a carrot to last all day. Kryptonite is a vital trace
element depending upon the galaxy in question. -----water is
very important-----as is a clear passage way from bladder to
toilet

not myths----carbohydrates and sugars are both ESSSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS for us humans----it is
no sugar at all ----there is more than enough in nature----enough in a carrot to last all day. Kryptonite is a vital trace
toilet

Humans have had an animal fat diet for millennia before modern refined carbs and sugars, hun.

toilet

Humans have had an animal fat diet for millennia before modern refined carbs and sugars, hun.

nope----humanoids----like ---probably---your ancestors----IN MOST PARTS OF THE WORLD------did lots of vegetation----another issue is quantity-----just about any style
of diet can be ok so long as you do not get TOO MUCH of it.
High fat diets (by percentage of ingested stuff) are fine
in times of food scarcity-------nothing like ketosis to keep
you warm and alert

toilet

nope----humanoids----like ---probably---your ancestors----IN MOST PARTS OF THE WORLD------did lots of vegetation----another issue is quantity-----just about any style
you warm and alert

Well then, peace. It's clear you lack the knowledge of the history of the human diet in order to properly discuss this topic.

any.

What is seen by some as just a symbolic ritual is seen by others as a commandment straight from God. This religious fundamentalism is probably the biggest danger faced by society today because in this philosophy there is no room for tolerance.

toilet

you warm and alert

Well then, peace. It's clear you lack the knowledge of the history of the human diet in order to properly discuss this topic.

wrong again ----I lack nothing-----I got it all-----including molars and cannines and incisors -----(well---I did lose a few along ------there are some very cold parts of the world that
have been fairly recently populated that depended for long
stretches on fat and protein and ------not much veggies
the way-----but I did have them all at one time)

any.

What is seen by some as just a symbolic ritual is seen by others as a commandment straight from God. This religious fundamentalism is probably the biggest danger faced by society today because in this philosophy there is no room for tolerance.

kosher hot dogs can to all that? ------even Jains do not pose
so HUGE a threat-----as far as I know. ------

When it comes to diet following Ralph Waldo Emerson's advice, "all things in moderation" will serve most people well. Eating bacon in moderate amounts is not going to hurt you. Yes, it you actually discover the perfect diet, it may add a few years to your life but you also should consider the quality that life.

When it comes to diet following Ralph Waldo Emerson's advice, "all things in moderation" will serve most people well. Eating bacon in moderate amounts is not going to hurt you. Yes, it you actually discover the perfect diet, it may add a few years to your life but you also should consider the quality that life.

Agreed. There is actually a term for being overly obsessed with "healthy eating": Orthorexia Nervosa.

Orthorexia Nervosa Obsession With Healthy Foods As Mental Disorder LIFE Tech Times

I'm not just talking about kosher foods. I'm speaking of blindly following religious teaching.

any.

kosher hot dogs can to all that? ------even Jains do not pose
so HUGE a threat-----as far as I know. ------
I'm not just talking about kosher foods. I'm speaking of blindly following religious teaching.

Forum List

Back