CDZ Why do you eat pork if it is forbidden in the Bible?

Clean meaning you can eat them.

Whether you want to wash your pig first is up to you.

So that's it, the bible states pork is acceptable.

Mark 7:18: "Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them?

/endthread.

Last edited:
Its unhealthy. I love the way bacon smells when its cooking but can only take a few bites.
...and what is the obsession FB has with bacon promoting lol. Ok, a few memes were funny but freakin A ...stop the madness!
I saw an ad yesterday for bacon wrapped pizza. I don't think I could ever be that hungry. lol
Then for dessert ...its a giant chocolate chip cookie. ugh

Featherlite, it's allowed by the bible. Why it took almost 2 full pages of replies for someone to actually QUOTE the bible where it says that makes me wonder just how Christian some people are.

The bible declares all foods clean.

Its just that some morons are unable to read thus they can't see where Jesus declared all foods clean thus you can eat what you want.

Spoken like a pork stenched goy

The Laws about pork never applied to goyim

Last edited:
That is incorrect. According to the bible, all animals have been declared clean. The old testament states not to eat pork. Jesus declared it clean. That's why jews don't eat pork, they don't believe in Jesus.

Mark 7-19: For it doesn't go into their heart, but into their stomach and then out of their body.

You gotta read the WHOLE bible.

No way----Liberals make a living by taking things out of context.

Featherlite, it's allowed by the bible. Why it took almost 2 full pages of replies for someone to actually QUOTE the bible where it says that makes me wonder just how Christian some people are.

lol, I know its allowed. I didnt take the original question seriously.

...but there really is a goofy obsession with bacon lately....maybe to offset the "kale is all you need" thing.

Deuteronomy 14:8 said:
The pig, because it divides the hoof but does not chew the cud, it is unclean for you. You shall not eat any of their flesh nor touch their carcasses.

However, regardless of what the bible says, pork is a difficult meat, more so in a hot country, and before refrigerators were invented.
You have to think 2,000 years ago when looking at the bible and, in that time, diseases such as trichiniasis were not understood.

Disregarding all religious arguments on this subject, there is plenty of science to suggest the rules of the bible should be followed.

Why I Do Not Recommend Eating Pork

Why You Should Avoid Pork - DrAxe.com

On a personal note - I used to date a young lady who lived on a pig farm, so saw the beasts rather a lot, thus I can assure poster they're disgusting animals.
We've all heard the phrase, "To eat like a pig", but few actually understand it.
The pigs would rush down their food, spilling quite a lot onto the floor, where they would eat it from when they'd finished the rest.
The fact they'd been pooping there, and the food was well mixed with pig poo, made not the slightest difference.

consumption of shell fish is more dangerous today than is eating of pork.... The bible also outlaws the eating of camels. Pigs appear as disgusting animals but a turkey farm smells worse----turkeys are quite aggressive. Why do you assume people don't know anything
Clean meaning you can eat them.

Whether you want to wash your pig first is up to you.

So that's it, the bible states pork is acceptable.

Mark 7:18: "Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them?

/endthread.

Jesus did not say it is ok to eat pork-----Paul did. The ban on eating pork stated in the bible refers to jews-----not to non jews

True, in the Bible it was for the Jews.
They probably didn't know much about food safety ( that I know of) , so that alone was a valid reason for not eating it.
Its known to be loaded with toxins and is low in nutritional value.

Jesus declared all foods clean. Mark 7:19.

no he didn't You are interpreting a translation of a translation of a translation-----which was written down by a person who
wasn't there. ------even the writing was done in greek----not Aramaic or Hebrew. By your interpretation----people can eat human flesh. He was not even talking about foods---he was ---
according to that which appears in the New Testament---rejecting the custom of washing one's hands

Here's why....

bacon.jpg

THIS! Couldn't have said it better!

Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man. - Mark 7:14

Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man. - Mark 7:14

thanks S.J. I was too lazy to google------but I do recall---
Jesus was spoke to an incident in which he did not wash
his hands for lunch When I read it----long ago----I interpreted like a jew (jew that I am...) To me it seemed that whilst attending lunch with a group of people he wished to INSTRUCT-----do a little lesson in the Pharisee manner----HE
POINTEDLY DID NOT WASH HIS HANDS so that he had the
OPPORTUNITY to comment in sum and substance>> "you focus on ritual at a time when people
are spitting nonsense in the streets and courts"?

If Jesus wanted to do away with dietary laws----he would
have SAID SO. There is not the slightest hint in the NT---that jesus ate bacon and eggs that day----for lunch----he just
did not wash his hands--------got that everyone?. Of course---I am not a theologian. There are Chassidic stories
that kinda hit on similar ideas----the theme being
"WHAT's MORE IMPORTANT" ?????

I am also reminded of the fact that Einstein often
did not take the time to put on his socks

The pig, because it divides the hoof but does not chew the cud, it is unclean for you. You shall not eat any of their flesh nor touch their carcasses.

However, regardless of what the bible says, pork is a difficult meat, more so in a hot country, and before refrigerators were invented.
You have to think 2,000 years ago when looking at the bible and, in that time, diseases such as trichiniasis were not understood.

Disregarding all religious arguments on this subject, there is plenty of science to suggest the rules of the bible should be followed.

On a personal note - I used to date a young lady who lived on a pig farm, so saw the beasts rather a lot, thus I can assure poster they're disgusting animals.
We've all heard the phrase, "To eat like a pig", but few actually understand it.
The pigs would rush down their food, spilling quite a lot onto the floor, where they would eat it from when they'd finished the rest.
The fact they'd been pooping there, and the food was well mixed with pig poo, made not the slightest difference.
The taboo against pork is based on the belief that it's unclean meat. Whether the meat is unclean or not depends on how the pigs are raised, slaughtered, and how the meat is handled. The truth is, pork can be one of the cleanest, healthiest meats on earth. If you buy organic, local, grass-fed pork, keep it properly refrigerated, it's not only safe but a very healthy food. Pork, today is much leaner than most beef and many cuts are leaner than chicken. With less fat, calories, and cholesterol than many other meats it's a good choice for the dinner table.
The Great Pig Conspiracy Mark s Daily Apple

I quoted it 6 times and one lonely moron on here says that someone other than Jesus said it, even though the bible says that Jesus said it.

You can lead a horse to knowledge, but you can't make him think.

I quoted it 6 times and one lonely moron on here says that someone other than Jesus said it, even though the bible says that Jesus said it.

You can lead a horse to knowledge, but you can't make him think.

Jesus said it-----but it is not clear to me that he was referring
to ham and eggs for breakfast-----he SEEMS to have been
referring to the WORDS that come out of one's mouth as
being MORE defiling than the stuff that goes in. Paul had
a dream in which a lizard said "EAT ME". Paul is thought to have been a greek convert to Judaism-----who never forgot the delicious taste of-----ham and eggs (disclaimer---
I am not a theologian----know no greek beyond the names of
fraternities-----etc......) I do not recall jesus mentioning
the ULTIMATE OUTCOME of ingested food.......My impression -----was not "give up kosher hot dogs"

The taboo against pork is based on the belief that it's unclean meat. Whether the meat is unclean or not depends on how the pigs are raised, slaughtered, and how the meat is handled. The truth is, pork can be one of the cleanest, healthiest meats on earth. If you buy organic, local, grass-fed pork, keep it properly refrigerated, it's not only safe but a very healthy food. Pork, today is much leaner than most beef and many cuts are leaner than chicken. With less fat, calories, and cholesterol than many other meats it's a good choice for the dinner table.
The Great Pig Conspiracy Mark s Daily Apple

Your impression that the taboo is based on "unclean" is based on a mistranslation.-----kosher does not mean "clean"---it just means "ok to eat" based on legal criteria
for jews. Camels is also ---not kosher. rabbits too----
and kitty cats -----and sword fish. Some locusts are ok----
but in general----bugs are not. Pork is a good choice ----in
general sorta...... for nutrition and environment.-----the parasite issue -----still exists in OTHER parts of the world----
even in Mexico. ------uhm----sorry the name of the bug escapes me------(not trich... another one---that forms little cysts in the brain)

his hands for lunch When I read it----long ago----I interpreted like a jew (jew that I am...) To me it seemed that whilst attending lunch with a group of people he wished to INSTRUCT-----do a little lesson in the Pharisee manner----HE
OPPORTUNITY to comment in sum and substance>> "you focus on ritual at a time when people

have SAID SO. There is not the slightest hint in the NT---that jesus ate bacon and eggs that day----for lunch----he just
did not wash his hands--------got that everyone?. Of course---I am not a theologian. There are Chassidic stories

There was good reason for dietary restrictions in both the Bible and the Quran. Those restrictions were set in a much larger context of healthy living, not just diet. With little known about the human body, prevention of disease, and medical treatments, following these restrictions made sense then and some still do today. However, many of these prohibitions are not really as important today with the advances in our knowledge and technology.

There was good reason for dietary restrictions in both the Bible and the Quran. Those restrictions were set in a much larger context of healthy living, not just diet. With little know about the human body, prevention of disease, and medical treatments, following these restrictions made sense then and some still do today. However, many of these prohibitions are not really as important today with the advances in our knowledge and technology.

the general -----"teaching" by rabbis today is-----just don't eat it------no real reasons necessary and no need to invent
any.

Forum List

Back