Why do we have electoral colleges???

They are so fucking stupid and meaningless!!! They corrupt the system and make candidates care about only a few so called battle ground states. No one wants to live in OH, but every 4 years the state gets treated like a superstar.

I mean they are calling this Obama win a landslide victory when in fact he received 51% (60mil) to Romney's 49% (57 mil) of the popular vote!!! Every other election we have is based on popular vote so why not this one!

Either do one of two things:
(1) Go strictly by popular votes!
(2) Go by voting district. Take CA for example. It has 53 voting districts. Many of those voting districts didn't vote for Obama, Obama received 100% of the state!
That exact SAME argument can be made for TX and Romney!

I mean I didn't see ONE Romney or Obama ad in IL! The reason the candidates could careless about IL, since it's blue. However, there were many districts of the state that Romney one. Imagine if went district by district? The candidates would have to care about the state! Why should it come down to IW, OH, FL, NC, VA. CO & NH? It's BULLSHIT!

:lol:

I was saying to some people on Election Night that it would not be long before the usual Orwellian magic set in with "conservatives" and they would be challenging the electoral college they have always defended.

For a while, Romney was ahead in the popular vote, but Obama was ahead by 100 electoral votes, so it was an easy guess the more weak-minded would instantly flip-flop.

"We have always been at war with Eastasia."

Just a reminder: Al Gore won the popular vote in 2000.

I have never been for the electoral college!

Yep and Al Gore should have won!

Forum List

Back