Why do veterans support Romney?

Because unlike Obama, he actually was eligible, Obama was only a kid.

I didn't realize there was a time in the last 40 years that the military did not accept volunteers.

Obama didn't state he loathed them in deferral as a Rhodes Scholar...he waited until he got into office to decimate and berate them...claim credit for thier work...:eusa_whistle:

Because unlike Obama, he actually was eligible, Obama was only a kid.

I didn't realize there was a time in the last 40 years that the military did not accept volunteers.

Obama didn't state he loathed them in deferral as a Rhodes Scholar...he waited until he got into office to decimate and berate them...claim credit for thier work...:eusa_whistle:
I'm glad I no longer serve in uniform under his command.

It was obvious to anyone I was referring to our Vietnamese political flunkies and goons. Never would say anyting like that, ASSHOLE LIAR. ty

it was obvious to anyone?.....i said something to you about that Frankie right after you posted it.....and you were posting right along in the thread.....instead of correcting yourself at that time it took you 2 fucking days to say you meant those guys.....and this was after i got on your ass about it about 4-5 times.....hey Frankie.....OUR guys aint THEM guys.....and your the fucking liar asshole ....because you did say it.....

I think lately they retire at 45 and spend WAYYYY too much time listening to Fox and Rush, etc. Seems to be as addictive as it is misleading... Dems are at least as good as Pubs on their benefits and care.

but of course the talking heads you listen too tells you like it is....right Frankie?....

Why do homos like you join the Navy???:eusa_whistle:

Oh, we support Romney because we know he won't inject himself into SEAL mission stories and take credit for their work......

During the height of the Vietnam War, Romney avoided military service by seeking and receiving four military draft deferments, some for university study and others for serving as a “minister of religion” in France.

But during his political career, Romney has flip-flopped on whether he actually wanted to serve in Vietnam. In 2007, Romney — a supporter of the war in Vietnam during the late-1960s — said he had wished he had served:

“I longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and be representing our country there, and in some ways it was frustrating not to feel like I was there as part of the troops that were fighting in Vietnam.”

But the AP notes that this isn’t what Romney said back in 1994 during his campaign to represent Massachusetts in the U.S. Senate:

But the frustration he recalled in 2007 does not match a sentiment he shared as a Massachusetts Senate candidate in 1994, when he told The Boston Herald, “I was not planning on signing up for the military.”

“It was not my desire to go off and serve in Vietnam, but nor did I take any actions to remove myself from the pool of young men who were eligible for the draft,” Romney told the newspaper.

But in seeking 4 deferments, Romney did in fact take actions to remove himself from the draft. In 1970, Romney eventually became eligible but by that point, the United States had begun reducing the number of troops in Vietnam and as the AP reports, “Romney’s relatively high lottery number — 300 out of 365 — was not called.”

While Romney’s lack of military service record raises questions (President Obama also did not serve in the military but was not of draft-age at the time of the Vietnam War), a recent Gallup poll found that veterans favor Romney over Obama 58 percent to 34 percent.

“Greatness in a people, I believe, is measured by the extent to which they will give themselves to something bigger than themselves,” Romney said in a Memorial Day speech last week in San Diego.

Did Mitt Romney 'Long' To Serve In Vietnam? | ThinkProgress

He supported the Vietnam war, then went and got 4 deferments so that he wouldn't have to go.

He said he had no desire to serve in Vietnam back in '94 and did nothing to remove himself from the draft pool, yet he got 4 deferments.

He then says later (while running for president) that he wishes he'd been there? This should be an insult to any military member who has served this country during conflict.

Why do veterans support Romney? When he was eligible to serve this country, he bailed out of it. What kind of CIC would he be? Because unlike Obama, he actually was eligible, Obama was only a kid.

Oh, we support Romney because we know he won't inject himself into SEAL mission stories and take credit for their work......

LOL another brainwashed vet...

Oh look, a piece of shit that never served in the military talking out its ass about the military.:eusa_whistle:

Romney will never stand in front of SEALs and say "I" when taking about what they did.

Oh look, a piece of shit that never served in the military talking out its ass about the military.:eusa_whistle:

Romney will never stand in front of SEALs and say "I" when taking about what they did.

Yo fuckwit.......................where did Obama ever take credit for what Seal Team 6 did?

I'll give you a clue..................he didn't, and he even gave credit to them, even though they will remain faceless and nameless, it's just the nature of the job.

Oh yeah......................by the way asshole.........................I served this country for 20 years in the U.S. Navy, and was in no less than 4 war zones.

What did you do asswipe?

Well, no. Romney probably wouldn't have given the Go Order to start with.

Treating Soldiers and Veterans with Respect

He made sure that families of fallen soldiers could be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB, by providing funding for it. He also ended the media blackout on coverage of the return of fallen soldiers.Pentagon Will Help Families Travel to Dover - NYTimes.com BBC NEWS | Americas | US war dead media blackout lifted

He funded Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with an extra $1.4 billion to improve veterans’ services. Veterans | The White House

He provided the troops with better body armor. Obama wants another $83 billion for Iraq, Afghanistan - CNN

Created the Joint Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record program for military personnel, in order to improve the quality of their medical care. "The Care They Were Promised and the Benefits That They Have Earned" | The White House

He put an end to the Bush-era stop-loss policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan beyond their enlistment date. (personal note: my son will be in harm’s way for six fewer months with Obama as president, so you know I love this one). http://nyti.ms/e2YQ7Q

He supported and signed the Veterans Health Care Budget Reform and Transparency Act, which made more money available to enable better medical care for veterans. Remarks by the President at signing of the Veterans Health Care Budget Reform and Transparency Act | The White House

He ushered through the largest spending increase in 30 years for the Department of Veterans Affairs for improved medical facilities, and to assist states in acquiring or constructing state nursing homes and extended care facilities. President Obama

He created the Green Vet Initiative, which provided special funding to the Labor Department to provide veterans with training in green jobs. PolitiFact | The Obameter: Create a 'Green Vet Initiative' to promote environmental jobs for veterans

He oversaw a $4.6 billion expansion of the Veterans Administration budget to pay for more mental health professionals. Our Products - VA Office of Budget

A LONG List of President Obama’s Accomplishments! With Citations! | Addicting Info

He made sure that families of fallen soldiers could be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB, by providing funding for it. He also ended the media blackout on coverage of the return of fallen soldiers.Pentagon Will Help Families Travel to Dover - NYTimes.com BBC NEWS | Americas | US war dead media blackout lifted

He funded Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with an extra $1.4 billion to improve veterans’ services. Veterans | The White House

He provided the troops with better body armor. Obama wants another $83 billion for Iraq, Afghanistan - CNN

Created the Joint Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record program for military personnel, in order to improve the quality of their medical care. "The Care They Were Promised and the Benefits That They Have Earned" | The White House

He put an end to the Bush-era stop-loss policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan beyond their enlistment date. (personal note: my son will be in harm’s way for six fewer months with Obama as president, so you know I love this one). http://nyti.ms/e2YQ7Q

He supported and signed the Veterans Health Care Budget Reform and Transparency Act, which made more money available to enable better medical care for veterans. Remarks by the President at signing of the Veterans Health Care Budget Reform and Transparency Act | The White House

He ushered through the largest spending increase in 30 years for the Department of Veterans Affairs for improved medical facilities, and to assist states in acquiring or constructing state nursing homes and extended care facilities. President Obama

He created the Green Vet Initiative, which provided special funding to the Labor Department to provide veterans with training in green jobs. PolitiFact | The Obameter: Create a 'Green Vet Initiative' to promote environmental jobs for veterans

He oversaw a $4.6 billion expansion of the Veterans Administration budget to pay for more mental health professionals. Our Products - VA Office of Budget

A LONG List of President Obama’s Accomplishments! With Citations! | Addicting Info

A person who once said For the first time in my Adult life I am proud of America could also be expected too say All this for a damn flag

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJgWMI0hch8]Michelle Obama's "All this for a damn flag" shown at three different speeds - YouTube[/ame]

And I will also add obama appears to be shaking his head agreeing.

Forum List

Back