Why Do The Polls Keep Getting It Wrong? Many Republicans Have Stopped Taking Surveys.

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
There was a story posted here? the other day with a quote from a pollster who said he had to make 27,000 phone calls just to get 500 responses for one recent poll. That alone tells me that these polls don’t come close to representing actual voter sentiment.

... I run an exit polling survey project in Boyle County, Kentucky as part of a regular community-based learning component of our political science courses at Centre College. Our students have surveyed over 1,000 randomly-selected voters on their way out of the voting booths in every fall election since 2011.

To examine these competing theories, I compared the results of the exit polls with the actual results in Boyle County in each of these recent elections. Central Kentucky is an especially appropriate place to test for such an effect given that the economic and demographic characteristics are favorable to a candidate like Mr. Trump (he won Boyle County with 62 percent of the vote). The results are shown here:

59033f6a140000e409a9c624.jpg

...The results shown in the graph demonstrate a clear trend. While our exit poll was almost spot-on in the 2011 election, it showed Republicans doing increasingly poor in our exit poll compared to actual results and Democrats doing increasingly better over five years of elections. In 2016, our exit poll showed Donald Trump winning 52.6 percent of Boyle County voters (he actually won 62.1 percent) and Hillary Clinton winning 47.4 percent (she actually won 33 percent)...

...As the polling industry has increasingly come to be perceived as part of the “elite establishment” by many populist conservatives, a growing proportion of the Republican electorate may simply be refusing to participate in public opinion polls. This, in turn, leads to their voting preferences being underestimated in public opinion surveys. Thus, many of the state-level polls were wrong in 2016 simply because many Trump voters told pollsters to take a hike...

Read more at huffingtonpost.com ..

I lie to every pollster that calls me.

I see no reason to let the Oligarchs fine tune their efforts to confuse and divide us.

None at all.

There was a story posted here? the other day with a quote from a pollster who said he had to make 27,000 phone calls just to get 500 responses for one recent poll. That alone tells me that these polls don’t come close to representing actual voter sentiment.

... I run an exit polling survey project in Boyle County, Kentucky as part of a regular community-based learning component of our political science courses at Centre College. Our students have surveyed over 1,000 randomly-selected voters on their way out of the voting booths in every fall election since 2011.

To examine these competing theories, I compared the results of the exit polls with the actual results in Boyle County in each of these recent elections. Central Kentucky is an especially appropriate place to test for such an effect given that the economic and demographic characteristics are favorable to a candidate like Mr. Trump (he won Boyle County with 62 percent of the vote). The results are shown here:

...The results shown in the graph demonstrate a clear trend. While our exit poll was almost spot-on in the 2011 election, it showed Republicans doing increasingly poor in our exit poll compared to actual results and Democrats doing increasingly better over five years of elections. In 2016, our exit poll showed Donald Trump winning 52.6 percent of Boyle County voters (he actually won 62.1 percent) and Hillary Clinton winning 47.4 percent (she actually won 33 percent)...

...As the polling industry has increasingly come to be perceived as part of the “elite establishment” by many populist conservatives, a growing proportion of the Republican electorate may simply be refusing to participate in public opinion polls. This, in turn, leads to their voting preferences being underestimated in public opinion surveys. Thus, many of the state-level polls were wrong in 2016 simply because many Trump voters told pollsters to take a hike...

Interesting information, thank you. The take away for me is that exit polls are as inaccurate as the other polls. There are probably many factors for why they are inaccurate, and Reps not participating in polls is likely one of those factors.

Three major polls on the McSally/Sinema Arizona Senate race today: One poll has Sinema leading by 7 another has her losing by 7 and a third has them dead tied. So yeah I don't pay a lot of attention to polls.

I've had ONE pollster call me in the past six months. They asked me if I had time to take their poll and I said, what guarantee do I have that you'll record my response as what I say? The question appeared to leave the pollster speechless. I said fuck off, don't call me again.

So, they took a poll to see who responded to polls?

i dont answer polls

i love it when they get it all wrong

--LOL

makes for laughing at the leftist butthurt all the better

--LOL

I had a Demo call today and boy did he get a lot of bad info. I was a Demo and vote the straight ticket, voted no on the Amendments. He seemed real happy when I hung up. LOL

I've had ONE pollster call me in the past six months. They asked me if I had time to take their poll and I said, what guarantee do I have that you'll record my response as what I say? The question appeared to leave the pollster speechless. I said fuck off, don't call me again.
The pollster quickly recognized that they were polling a nut job. That`s what left him or her speechless.

I have gotten many survey calls from I suspect are Beto supporters, staff, pollsters. As soon as I assure them I am going to vote and I am not voting for Beto they hang up. It has been funny that way this year.

Last edited:
Three major polls on the McSally/Sinema Arizona Senate race today: One poll has Sinema leading by 7 another has her losing by 7 and a third has them dead tied. So yeah I don't pay a lot of attention to polls.

Polls aren't worth much.

Consider all the polls who said Hitlery would be the next POTUS. Hell every pundit, talking head and news correspondent said the same.

Polls ain't worth anyone's time and they certainly aren't believable.

Forum List

Back