Why do some people dislike the Tea Party?

Fear. Those that don't like the tea party fear losing their goodies, so they attack. And the attack they most often use is "racist". I've challenged left wingers here to go to any tea party website, read their mission statements and posts and point out the racism they claim is the basis of the party. Not a single one has done it yet. You can't. Why? Because the tea party wants free speech, smaller government, reduced government spending and taxes, and they believe in the United States Constitution. That's it. That's all. The left wing fears an America like that, so they attack.
Who cares what the tea party website says. Go to a tea party rally and listen to what the actual tea partiers say. There are many documentaries out there and if you are not shocked from their virol then you need help. People frothing at the mouth comparing Obama to Hitler. Tea Partyers wanting a reduced government and spending is also a big lie or they are too stupid to realize they are lying to themselves. Complaining that the government may spend extra millions to help with healthcare or education yet remain deafly quiet when the previous goverments was spending trillions on wars. The tea partyers are the most misguided, least educated, highly ignorant bunch I've seen ever.

so how many rallies have you attended?
and did you get on stage and tell them they are misguided, least educated and a highly ignorant bunch? or you just feel brave on a message board?
you lefties are some of the MOST INTOLERANT and hateful of others with different views if they don't jive with your high and mighty views. and how much has Obama and Democrats spent on his DRONEs bombing people and countries? where are you ANTI-WAR peace loving Liberals now?

Last edited:
and did you get on stage and tell them they are misguided, least educated and a highly ignorant bunch? or you just feel brave on a message board?
you lefties are some of the MOST INTOLERANT and hateful of others with different views if they don't jive with your high and mighty views. and how much has Obama and Democrats spent on his DRONEs bombing people and countries? where are you ANTI-WAR peace loving Liberals now?
I'm not an american but I've seen the documentaries and yet no tea partyers are disgraced by the virol of these people. Please tell me you were up in arms about Bush's bloated spending or are you like the rest. I'm very against what Obama is doing with his continuation of wars and his use of drones. When it comes to American foreign policy no American President is liberal in my view. But the Tea Partyers are not complaining about Obama and the continuous war.
When you get a group of people who get all their information from Fox News then you are dealing with a highly ignorant group.

Last edited:
There's a strange dynamic about the Tea Party. Officially, its platform is just about balanced budgets and government limited by the Constitution. Nothing about social issues or foreign policy.

The problem is, many people who consider themselves Tea Party members tend to be "social conservatives" and eager warmongers, which is where so many people get turned off.

What’s also a ‘turn off’ is ignorant nonsense about ‘government limited by the Constitution,’ a meaningless phrase absent any context or reference to case law.

It’s this type of sophomoric schoolboy politics that compels one to not take the TPM seriously.

The survey mentions Republicans not the Tea Party which is who this thread is about so please tell me how your survey applies. I am not saying you are wrong but I am missing the connection.

For the record, this conservative believes we should raise taxes AND cut expenses.

Immie

My comment includes this statement "76.0% support the Tea Party."

If you think we should raise taxes you are an outlier among Republicans.

If Immie believes in raising taxes and cutting spending, he should go underground. If he is spotted, he will be hounded out of the GOP.

Too late, I left years ago. Once I began to realize they were as authoritarian and corrupt as the Democrats, I told them, Sayonara.

Immie

I'm not an american but I've seen the documentaries and yet no tea partyers are disgraced by the virol of these people. Please tell me you were up in arms about Bush's bloated spending or are you like the rest. I'm very against what Obama is doing with his continuation of wars and his use of drones. When it comes to American foreign policy no American President is liberal in my view. But the Tea Partyers are not complaining about Obama and the continuous war.
When you get a group of people who get all their information from Fox News then you are dealing with a highly ignorant group.

I have to say, that if I believed everything written on the MSM, published in newspapers and written in blogs, I would be disgusted with the Tea Party. On the other hand, since I am convinced 98% of that stuff is nothing but hateful lies and distortions, I will wait until I actually see evidence of the hatred supposedly coming from the Tea Party.

And no, I do not associate with them either.

Immie

The "Tea Party" represents the very worst of America today. It represents the sort of ignorance, xenophobia, and racism that stems from an uneducated, parocial existence; those that fear what they do not know, and they know depressingly little. To make matters worse, they are goaded on by those who are neither uneducated or parocial, and possess a self-interested cynicism that dwarfs- and would appall, if it were known- TP front liners.

Smaller government? Let's do a reality check here folks. Society has grown in complexity over the years, and "government" has grown in parallel. This is not surprising. Furthermore, electors (if they are willing to read and learn, something not in fashion today) can choose who they want in leadership positions. They cannot choose the corporate elite that holds so much power today. Government waste? How does 50 trillion down the scuppers sound? Yes, that was done by Wall Street in '08- not by government. If there is a choice between greed and bureaucracy, take the latter every time. Bureaucracy can be limited, but greed, unchained, can rise to fearsome levels. Which we have seen.

Freedom? The US is already one of the freest countries in the world ( unless of course you are black, or are found with a microgram of marijuana), and the only constraints in recent years have come from the uber-right, in the form of the Patriot Act, the NSA spying on citizens, and other measures that stem from an ignorant and ill thought out foreign policy, and a xenophobic fear of the outside world, which many even at the top have only a fuzzy understanding of.

I have to say, that if I believed everything written on the MSM, published in newspapers and written in blogs, I would be disgusted with the Tea Party. On the other hand, since I am convinced 98% of that stuff is nothing but hateful lies and distortions, I will wait until I actually see evidence of the hatred supposedly coming from the Tea Party.

Immie
I do not know what the MSM is. I get my details from the many documentaries I have seen and from the actual tea partyers I have met.

Actually, we love the tea party. What is to dislike about a group that splits the opposition party's vote? Teddy Roosevelt put Wilson in the White House, and they are determaned to repeat the whole thing.

Besides, what is to hate about people who walk around in the rain with tea bags pined to their hats, and tea stains running down their faces and their clothes, while dressed as Indians with tommahawks? I have not been so entertained since the hippies used to do street theater in the late 1960's!

ah yes, you are one of those just take everything that is FED to you as truth...because that is what you want to see and believe...If you watched a documentary showing Obama as a crossdresser, you would believe that I guess....you have the Fox news liberal sheep talking down pat.....are you Liberals all sheep and stuck up snobs calling people, ignorant, least educated blaaa blaaa blaa no matter what country you are from?

and here's a clue, Booooooooooooooooooosh Ins't president and hasn't been now for FIVE friggen years

damn

Last edited:
Like with all groups in politics, it's really tough trying to trust the TP. A group needs to be simple, transparent, and straightforward in order for it to earn trust. Politicians and political pawns on all sides try to persuade and manipualte the masses with promises in order to bend them to their wills. All of politics is one grand game of deceit and influence for the sole goal of grasping and holding on to power. Stations like FOX News, CNN and the rest are heavy and valuable pieces on the board of politics. People like Sarah Palin, Piers Morgan, Sean Hannity, and Chris Matthews practically contort themselves in order to sway people towards their own agendas.

I can't discern exactly what the Tea Party is or stands for, and who is currently running that show. It's easy to spot a slick politician. There's an old quote out there that states that politicians are better off making promises and later breaking them, rather than refusing to make dubious promises at all. These people are Barack Obama, Chris Christie, and every other politician on the board. I'm unsure about you, but I'm getting fed up with rich politicians who pander and pretend to care about the poor and hardworking people like us. Just imagine if someone who wasn't rich became a politician. Like, say, an honest, salt-of-the-Earth kind of guy. If I recall correctly, one in two politicians are millionaires. These people... they don't really understand the people. They just do the really hard job of pretending to care.

Broken promises, shifting beliefs, shadow games, all of it is bunk. I'm beginning to think politics should simple be renamed "Dramatic Professionals Angling for Power and Influence."

I don't trust politicians, and I certainly don't trust anyone in the TP who pretends to give a damn about the poor while sipping a $200 glass of wine in their private yacht. And don't even get me started on the TP's blatant hypocrisy on the Edward Snowden/NSA issue.

Immie
I do not know what the MSM is. I get my details from the many documentaries I have seen and from the actual tea partyers I have met.

MSM = Main Stream Media and yes, I had to ask that too about a year ago. It is comprised of your news networks, newspapers etc. They can't be trusted worth shit.

Immie

The Tea Party threatens to rip the Republican Party in half. The moderate republicans, who are conservative in a more traditional sense (similar to the non-Thatcherite conservatives in the UK), understand that there is very little the republicans can actually accomplish as a minority party, and that the Republicans would lose votes in the event of a government shutdown, (something the Tea Party is willing to risk if it mean defunding Obama-care.) The moderate republicans understand that if they loose the House in 2014, Obama will get everything he wants for his last two years in office, and are therefore unwilling to do anything which may cost them votes. The Tea Party, rather than using the shewed and cunning political strategies, chooses to use suicidal, head-on charges in the name of "what's right." This is why there is a level of hostility from the center-right towards the Tea Party.

Observing from the sidelines, I never understood the malevolence directed towards them.

They want free speech, smaller government, reduced government spending and taxes, and they believe in the United States Constitution.

Yet they're slandered on a day-to-day basis by some people.

What's wrong with the Tea Party, and what's wrong with the people who dislike them?

Wow, when you put it like that they seem so reasonable. Then you get into the details and "let him die" rears it's ugly head.

The Tea Party threatens to rip the Republican Party in half. The moderate republicans, who are conservative in a more traditional sense (similar to the non-Thatcherite conservatives in the UK), understand that there is very little the republicans can actually accomplish as a minority party, and that the Republicans would lose votes in the event of a government shutdown, (something the Tea Party is willing to risk if it mean defunding Obama-care.) The moderate republicans understand that if they loose the House in 2014, Obama will get everything he wants for his last two years in office, and are therefore unwilling to do anything which may cost them votes. The Tea Party, rather than using the shewed and cunning political strategies, chooses to use suicidal, head-on charges in the name of "what's right." This is why there is a level of hostility from the center-right towards the Tea Party.

So any Conservative or Republican that doesn't drink your Kool-Aid, is a threat to your illusion of grandeur? :lol: Don't you ever get tired of rolling over and abandoning principle, every time the DNC says "Boo"? Thanks, but no thanks. ;)

Not role over, compromise. As the minority party, the GOP has to compromise if it wants any party of its agenda implemented. Once the Republicans are back at the helm, the DNC will be forced to work with us, just like we currently have to work with them. If we lose the next election, 2015-2016 will be hell. We cant let the DNC win, and if that means holding off on Obama-care, then that's what we should do.

Not role over, compromise. As the minority party, the GOP has to compromise if it wants any party of its agenda implemented. Once the Republicans are back at the helm, the DNC will be forced to work with us, just like we currently have to work with them. If we lose the next election, 2015-2016 will be hell. We cant let the DNC win, and if that means holding off on Obama-care, then that's what we should do.

From what I have seen on message boards such as this, in the mind of a liberal, compromise means "roll over". There is no compromise from their side, all others must submit or be considered racists, homophobes, haters of the poor etc. etc. etc.

Immie

Actually, I'd prefer each acting on conscience. There is a distinction between respectful disagreement, and disrespecting those that believe differently than you, or the Party line. The McCains and Graham's of the World have dropped the ball too many times to have my trust. Try compromise without abandoning principle, for a change. Clearly, the strategy of surrender, is a failure.

Actually, I'd prefer each acting on conscience. There is a distinction between respectful disagreement, and disrespecting those that believe differently than you, or the Party line. The McCains and Graham's of the World have dropped the ball too many times to have my trust. Try compromise without abandoning principle, for a change. Clearly, the strategy of surrender, is a failure.

There is no way to win this battle right now. At least by carrying out a tactical retreat, we live to fight another day. The Democrats will not agree to defund the ACA, which will result in a government shutdown, and the GOP will suffer for it at the polls.

Forum List

Back