Why do some people dislike the Tea Party?

Wake

Easygoing Conservative
Jun 11, 2013
Observing from the sidelines, I never understood the malevolence directed towards them.

They want free speech, smaller government, reduced government spending and taxes, and they believe in the United States Constitution.

Yet they're slandered on a day-to-day basis by some people.

What's wrong with the Tea Party, and what's wrong with the people who dislike them?

People who profit off of the excesses of oppressive government don't take kindly to those who attempt to tear it back down.

If memory serves, the GOP has had its fights with the Tea Party.

What I'd like to know is whay quite a few left-leaning folks and some right-leaning folks castigate them. Perhaps these same people like having a large government?

Last edited:

What I'd like to know is whay quite a few left-leaning folks and some right-leaning folks castigate them. Perhaps these same people like having a large government?

because of astro turf groups like FreedomWorks (set up by the Koch Bros), that guy Williams who talked in black face, and the shout-fests that they turned those town hall meetings into a couple years ago for starters :thup:

Last edited:
It isn't the teaparty anymore. The initial grassroots organization has been swallowed up by Rovian extremists. They are taking political heat for voicing unpalatable positions that benefit of the very richest among us.

They have unfortunately allowed opportunistic, paid hacks to jump out in front of the parade. These people have no morals, ethics, nothing substantial except for the dollar signs in their eyes. I'm specifically talking about Rove, Rush, Palin, Armey, Bachmann, etc..

It isn't the teaparty anymore. The initial grassroots organization has been swallowed up by Rovian extremists. They are taking political heat for voicing unpalatable positions that benefit of the very richest among us.

They have unfortunately allowed opportunistic, paid hacks to jump out in front of the parade. These people have no morals, ethics, nothing substantial except for the dollar signs in their eyes. I'm specifically talking about Rove, Rush, Palin, Armey, Bachmann, etc..

I don't know much about this, but if you would please illuminate more of this issue, I'd be willing to consider changing my mind.

For one, I don't like Palin. She's an embarrassment and sounds like an airhead. Rove, I think, is the hypocritical politician who talks on Bill O'Relliy's show. Or is it Dick Cheney? Bachmann is yet another politician who has her fair share of masks. I don't know much about Rush Limbaugh because time's short, but from the bits of him I've heard he sounds like he full of hot air.

Observing from the sidelines, I never understood the malevolence directed towards them.

They want free speech, smaller government, reduced government spending and taxes, and they believe in the United States Constitution.

What's wrong with the Tea Party, and what's wrong with the people who dislike them?

Free speech... Smaller government... Reduced government spending and taxes... The U.S. Constitution... Sadly you answered your own question.

Immie

because of astro turf groups like FreedomWorks (set up by the Koch Bros), that guy Williams who talked in black face, and the shout-fests that they turned those town hall meetings into a couple years ago for starters :thup:

As opposed to the king of Astroturf himself... Axlerod... who utilized and paid whole "astroturf" corporations to push liberal agendas and get democrats ( see Obama ) elected for years...correct? :eusa_whistle:

As opposed to the king of Astroturf himself... Axlerod... who utilized and paid whole "astroturf" corporations to push liberal agendas and get democrats ( see Obama ) elected for years...correct? :eusa_whistle:

Not to mention shady characters like George Soros.

So, by this are you insinuating Democrats are different?

Immie

yeah. Repubs don't have people like that..... ADELSON!!! :eek:

Besides, Gingrich is the one who championed $$$ as speech and the resultant Citizens United decision so its a creature of your people's (rw'ers) making :thup:

Last edited:

yeah. Repubs don't have people like that..... ADELSON!!! :eek:

Besides, Gingrich is the one who championed $$$ as speech and the resultant Citizens United decision so its a creature of your people's (rw'ers) making :thup:

The whole campaign against Sarah Palin was a scorched earth astroturf campaign by the democratic party. Pardon me if I don't buy into your fake outrage about this stuff all of a sudden.:eusa_liar:

Immie

Of course, Democrats don't need anyone explaining why we should be rebuilding from the bottom up rather than the top down.

Immie

Of course, Democrats don't need anyone explaining why we should be rebuilding from the bottom up rather than the top down.

You are delusional and I say that with a grin.

If you truly think Dems in Washington give a shit about the people on the bottom, you are extremely delusional.

Immie

You are too kind. There was never a grassroots movement.

Why do some people dislike the Tea Party?

Election results, 2010...

Republican Governors - +6
Republican Senators - +5
Republican House - +63

Number of moderate "blue dog" Democrats post Tea Party - 0

... so yeah. That's going to bring out the media hate. The message board hate and hell, the IRS hate as well.

There is no ‘malevolence’ exhibited toward the TPM, justified contempt and ridicule, perhaps, but not ‘malevolence.’

One of the many problems with the TPM is its failure to define what exactly constitutes ‘smaller government, reduced government spending and taxes.’ If by their definition this means the elimination of needed social programs, appropriate regulatory measures, and funding for education in conjunction with tax cuts for the wealthy while attempting to balance the budget on the backs of working Americans, those with low income, children, retired Americans, and the disabled, then that’s not ‘smaller government,’ that’s irresponsible governance.

With regard to ‘believing in the United States Constitution,’ they’ve also got to ‘believe in’ and acknowledge Constitutional case law. TPM members can’t just make up on their own what they think the Constitution means; the Constitution is not a ‘cafeteria plan,’ they can’t simply pick what they like about the Founding Document and discard the rest.

What’s wrong with the TPM is it’s a partisan contrivance of the right, made up mostly of the Old Bush Base, fiscal extremists, and social conservatives. By its members’ own admission the TPM was made up of some 70 percent republicans and republican leaning independents. Consequently, there is no ‘slander’ with regard to the TPM, they clearly misrepresented themselves as a ‘diverse cross-section of America’s grass roots,’ when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

Forum List

Back