Why do progressive liberals fear Glenn Beck?

"you are obviously lying about listening to him, because your characterization that he is anti working class is totally wrong."

How can you NOT get that sense. As a small business former owner I used to have him on in the shop daily. He's all about corporate America and is happy to sing their praises. As a voting conservative I will call him out on this and would love to debate him on it. Could go toe to toe with any conservative or liberal commentator and take them completely to task. They are SO out of touch with reality of the working class American. In fact, they are clueless. What is worse is in reality glen could care less. But they talk like they do. In reality, the workers and laborers are easily discarded in his eyes.

Sorry, but I have not gotten that impression from him, and I listen several times a week. Oh well.

"you are obviously lying about listening to him, because your characterization that he is anti working class is totally wrong."

Let me translate this for you from liberal. Democrats think the only people who "work" are the ones who arrive to the office last, leave first, don't care about the quality of their work, have to be closely managed and live paycheck to paycheck because they don't save a dime. Those of us who own and run companies, take all the risk and manage the "workers" are just fat cats who live on their backs. We do not "work."

Let me translate this for you from liberal. Democrats think the only people who "work" are the ones who arrive to the office last, leave first, don't care about the quality of their work, have to be closely managed and live paycheck to paycheck because they don't save a dime. Those of us who own and run companies, take all the risk and manage the "workers" are just fat cats who live on their backs. We do not "work."

Ah, yes, I forgot. People who run small businesses or work 60 hour weeks for corporations do not "work".

Last edited:
Sorry, Beck has been outed as a liar so many times that it's turned rather comical.

Not the lies themselves, though - some of his lies are downright horrific....

George Soros survived the Holocaust. He is Jewish and when the Nazis caught up with his family his father saved his life by bribing an agricultural official to pretend Soros was his Christian godson. At one point, that man took the fourteen year old Soros to survey and appraise the property that had been confiscated from another Jewish family. Obviously Soros did not have a choice in the matter. Soros eventually survived the Holocaust.

To most this would be an amazing and harrowing story of survival during the Holocaust. To Beck it was an opportunity to paint Soros as an anti-Semite and smear him with one of the worst lies I have ever heard.

First Beck started by horribly warping this story on his Fox News show. He said of Soros:

[When he was] 14 years old, he had to help the government confiscate the land of his fellow Jewish friends and neighbors.

That's not what happened at all as you can see from above. He didn't help confiscate people's land. He didn't actively participate in betraying his Jewish neighbors or friends. The implications are horrible. But what Beck did next is much worse. He twisted the story further until he came out with this inexcusable lie on his radio show:

[H]ere's a Jewish boy helping send the Jews to the death camps.

That lie takes my breath away. That is a lie that cannot be told.

The ADL has now condemned Beck's statements as "horrific."

Cenk Uygur: Glenn Beck's Horrific Lie

prove it

I ran my own small business for many years. The labor I hired was what created my profit. Companies that complain about workers arriving last and leaving first are always very poorly run companies because they Can't attract good workers. Criticizing or judging someone who lives paycheck to paycheck is pathetic. A lot of people live paycheck to paycheck. That's how the system is designed. Getting wealthy is not realistic unless you come from money to begin with. Otherwise odds are you will live paycheck to paycheck. That's reality and that's the system.

When the left pile on to somebody or something in American Politics it's usually hate or fear...

I agree on this statement, but I'd put this one in the category of hate. He's an easy target. I don't hate him, I listen to his show sometimes a bit in the morning. But I have trouble taking him seriously sometimes. For example, he keeps calling himself "libertarian" but if you held a gun to my head, I couldn't name one issue where he justifies that claim. He's male, white, religious and he can sound like he's giving a sermon. They hate everything he stands for, and he's an easy target. I see no evidence they "fear" him.

When they go after Republican women, blacks, Hispanics, gays and other groups they believe they own, that is fear.

So to be libertarian you have to be a colored atheist?

When the left pile on to somebody or something in American Politics it's usually hate or fear...

I agree on this statement, but I'd put this one in the category of hate. He's an easy target. I don't hate him, I listen to his show sometimes a bit in the morning. But I have trouble taking him seriously sometimes. For example, he keeps calling himself "libertarian" but if you held a gun to my head, I couldn't name one issue where he justifies that claim. He's male, white, religious and he can sound like he's giving a sermon. They hate everything he stands for, and he's an easy target. I see no evidence they "fear" him.

When they go after Republican women, blacks, Hispanics, gays and other groups they believe they own, that is fear.

I don't know what that means. It's certainly not something I said. Can you clarify?

I don't know what that means. It's certainly not something I said. Can you clarify?
No you just said he couldn't be a libertarian because he was male white and religious.. ...Make up your mind! Ether white religious people can be libertarian or the cant.

The fact that all the libs here attack Beck is telling... he's onto something.

Want to know who the left fears? See who they attack the most.

No you just said he couldn't be a libertarian because he was male white and religious.. ...Make up your mind! Ether white religious people can be libertarian or the cant.

I did not say that. Read my post and don't skim it this time.

Just did and yes you said if you held a gun to your head you couldn't find one thing that made him libertarian he was a white male that is religious so to you if your white and believe in God don't apply to the libertarian movement? Way to stand up for liberty there sparky

tapatalk post

he keeps calling himself "libertarian" but if you held a gun to my head, I couldn't name one issue where he justifies that claim. He's male, white, religious and he can sound like he's giving a sermon
White Godly men can not be libertarians ...

he keeps calling himself "libertarian" but if you held a gun to my head, I couldn't name one issue where he justifies that claim. He's male, white, religious and he can sound like he's giving a sermon

The period in the middle meant that it was the end of one thought and the beginning of another. I said that I don't know how he's libertarian because I don't hear him say anything libertarian. I also said he's a target of the left because he's white, male and religious.

Between those thoughts was a period.

The period in the middle meant that it was the end of one thought and the beginning of another. I said that I don't know how he's libertarian because I don't hear him say anything libertarian. I also said he's a target of the left because he's white, male and religious.

Bullshit! You got caught being a liberal bigot

I'm a liberal, got it. You're an idiot. Here's the quote.

In the red, I am addressing that he calls himself a libertarianism. In the blue, I am addressing why the left target him. I said I know no issue that makes him libertarian even though I keep hearing him say he is. That was what I based my questioning his claim he's a libertarian on.

Furthermore, you picked religious out of it, but if that is so, then logically I also said that whites and males are not libertarians.

I'm a white, male, dumb ass.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I thought he retired, died, or was kidnapped by aliens for how little I've heard about him. Can't say he shows up on my radar anymore.

I'm a liberal, got it. You're an idiot. Here's the quote.

In the red, I am addressing that he calls himself a libertarianism. In the blue, I am addressing why the left target him. I said I know no issue that makes him libertarian even though I keep hearing him say he is. That was what I based my questioning his claim he's a libertarian on.

Furthermore, you picked religious out of it, but if that is so, then logically I also said that whites and males are not libertarians.

I'm a white, male, dumb ass.

you are right, he is wrong. move on.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back