Why do patriotic Americans support Zionism?

Cmike the caption that goes with the picture of those four dead children reads: The battered bodies of four Palestinian children killed by Israeli fire lay at a morgue in Beit Lahia, Gaza. The four children, aged one to five, and their mother were killed during Israeli military operations.

have against the powerful weapons supplied by the U.S. government? The children being killed are hardly on the front lines - they are probably cowering in a basement somewhere.

So? Prove that it's legitimate

Why do patriotic Americans support Zionist extremists?

Should the American taxpayer be compelled to send billions in welfare payments to the state of Israel? Couldn't this money be spent here in the U.S.,or better yet used to reduce our enormous deficit?

In the 1997 fiscal year, for example, Israel received $3 billion from the foreign aid budget, at least $525 million from other U.S. budgets, and $2 billion in federal loan guarantees. So the 1997 total of U.S. grants and loan guarantees to Israel was $5.5 billion. That’s $15,068,493 per day, 365 days a year.

quote: As part of the aid, this year Israel will receive $2.5 billion, in 2010 - $2.775 billion, and in 2011 the sum will reach $3 billion. In total, the security aid Tel Aviv is slated to receive from Washington stands at some $30 billion until 2019.

1) Israel has not shown gratitude. For example, Israel has spied on us and re-exported weapons to America's adversary China.

quote: Israel has illegally re-exported advanced US defense technology to China. The problem was first recognized in 1992 when the State Department's inspector general reported that there was "overwhelming" evidence of a "systematic and growing pattern" of transfers. Israel has been the primary supplier of advanced defense technology to China since 1989.

2) Israel does not occupy the moral high ground.

quote: We condemn Israel's assault on Gaza. As of today , more than 1,000 Palestinians have been killed by the Israeli assault, including at least 335 children and many more civilians. Nearly 5,000 have been wounded, many paralyzed for life. Tens of thousands have fled their homes - but Gaza is entirely sealed off, so there is nowhere to hide, no safe haven for civilians

3) The American people derive no benefit from their "investment". Unless you consider the lasting enmity of millions living the Middle East (and elsewhere) a benefit.

4) Israel's extremism endangers American troops according to General Petraeus and Admiral Mullen.

quote from Petraeus: "The conflict foments anti-American sentiment, due to a perception of U.S. favoritism for Israel, Arab anger over the Palestinian question limits the strength and depth of U.S. partnerships with governments and peoples in the [region] and weakens the legitimacy of moderate regimes in the Arab world.

Meanwhile, al-Qaeda and other militant groups exploit that anger to mobilize support."

I would say there are some in America that support Zionism for religious reasons.

But the bottom line with why the USA gvt supports Israel is because of OIL in the middle east....Israel is a strategic location, and a Democracy...

the enemy of my enemy, is my friend type of thing....imho.

I simply love the fact that the mere presence of Israel produces so much hate among Muslims and the far left. It really makes my day, every day.

Why do patriotic Americans support Zionist extremists?

Should the American taxpayer be compelled to send billions in welfare payments to the state of Israel? Couldn't this money be spent here in the U.S.,or better yet used to reduce our enormous deficit?

In the 1997 fiscal year, for example, Israel received $3 billion from the foreign aid budget, at least $525 million from other U.S. budgets, and $2 billion in federal loan guarantees. So the 1997 total of U.S. grants and loan guarantees to Israel was $5.5 billion. That’s $15,068,493 per day, 365 days a year.

quote: As part of the aid, this year Israel will receive $2.5 billion, in 2010 - $2.775 billion, and in 2011 the sum will reach $3 billion. In total, the security aid Tel Aviv is slated to receive from Washington stands at some $30 billion until 2019.

1) Israel has not shown gratitude. For example, Israel has spied on us and re-exported weapons to America's adversary China.

quote: Israel has illegally re-exported advanced US defense technology to China. The problem was first recognized in 1992 when the State Department's inspector general reported that there was "overwhelming" evidence of a "systematic and growing pattern" of transfers. Israel has been the primary supplier of advanced defense technology to China since 1989.

2) Israel does not occupy the moral high ground.

quote: We condemn Israel's assault on Gaza. As of today , more than 1,000 Palestinians have been killed by the Israeli assault, including at least 335 children and many more civilians. Nearly 5,000 have been wounded, many paralyzed for life. Tens of thousands have fled their homes - but Gaza is entirely sealed off, so there is nowhere to hide, no safe haven for civilians

3) The American people derive no benefit from their "investment". Unless you consider the lasting enmity of millions living the Middle East (and elsewhere) a benefit.

4) Israel's extremism endangers American troops according to General Petraeus and Admiral Mullen.

quote from Petraeus: "The conflict foments anti-American sentiment, due to a perception of U.S. favoritism for Israel, Arab anger over the Palestinian question limits the strength and depth of U.S. partnerships with governments and peoples in the [region] and weakens the legitimacy of moderate regimes in the Arab world.

Meanwhile, al-Qaeda and other militant groups exploit that anger to mobilize support."

I would say there are some in America that support Zionism for religious reasons.

But the bottom line with why the USA gvt supports Israel is because of OIL in the middle east....Israel is a strategic location, and a Democracy...

the enemy of my enemy, is my friend type of thing....imho.

I simply love the fact that the mere presence of Israel produces so much hate among Muslims and the far left. It really makes my day, every day.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5WuiBdlddU&feature=related]YouTube - Historical Myths in Israel/Palestine (Occupation 101 Clip)[/ame]

Are you equating Hamas with the Irgun to excuse their murder?
No Jack. I am only suggesting Israel is not morally superior to the Palestinians. Therefore the argument that we should help the Israelis because they are morally superior makes no sense.

But the bottom line with why the USA gvt supports Israel is because of OIL in the middle east....Israel is a strategic location
Deeply wrong Care. The oil producers are far less likely to cooperate with us because of our bias toward Israel. Hell they even boycotted us because of Israel - didn't you know? What possible use is Israel to the U.S.? Israel offered the U.S. no help in either Gulf War. Israel was not used as a base in either war. Why? The rest of the Moslem countries wouldn't work with us if Israel was used as a base.

So? Prove that it's legitimate
CMike do you really doubt that large numbers of civilians in Gaza were killed by Israel?

The Palestinians are weak - it is only the weak, those without any choice, who engage in suicide bombing. Israel has a powerful military thanks to the U.S. taxpayer. The powerful media corporations, many of which are run by Jews, show little sympathy to the Palestinians, whatever outrages the Israelis are guilty of. I thought real Americans cared about helping the underdog, protecting the weak.

The real haters actually blame the civilian deaths in Gaza on the people of Gaza themselves! Believe it mor not, the Palestinians are not demons, they go to work and care about their kids like anyone else.

Israel has disgusted the whole world by attacking an aid ship. People were shot for committing the terrible crime of trying to provide food and medical supplies to the residents of Gaza.

Is everyone aware that an Israeli soldier kicked an American citizen, a teenager, on the ground and executed him? This was done in international waters, so this was really an act of murder.

link: Updated with Shocking Video: Israeli Soldier Kicks American Citizen Lying on the Ground, and Then Executes Him, Democratic Party Defends Israeli Attack : Veterans Today

Last edited:
370_cartoon_israeli_peace_plan_latuff_small.jpg

tell me something thunderbird....WHY don't the other arab or muslim countries take in some of these palestinians and give them a homeland? why do all of these "brothers" of the Palestinians NOT help them make a life for themselves instead of leaving them there, with no life?

do you think it may serve the political purpose of the other Arab/Muslim countries to keep the strife and battles going there, and this is why they do not welcome Palestinians in to their own countries? Israel is such a tiny tiny tiny piece of land for the Israelis to live and have as their own compared to the millions of square miles of all the arab/ muslim countries have in the middle east....and it has always seemed ODD to me that these other countries have not help these Palestinians by just welcoming them in to their own countries?

tell me something thunderbird....WHY don't the other arab or muslim countries take in some of these palestinians and give them a homeland? why do all of these "brothers" of the Palestinians NOT help them make a life for themselves instead of leaving them there, with no life?

do you think it may serve the political purpose of the other Arab/Muslim countries to keep the strife and battles going there, and this is why they do not welcome Palestinians in to their own countries? Israel is such a tiny tiny tiny piece of land for the Israelis to live and have as their own compared to the millions of square miles of all the arab/ muslim countries have in the middle east....and it has always seemed ODD to me that these other countries have not help these Palestinians by just welcoming them in to their own countries?

It should come as no surprise that Israel's neighbors have human rights records that are just as dismal. The difference is that nobody here is championing the cause of Egypt or Saudi Arabia. If Zionists can't defend their nation without pointing fingers at other countries, what does that say about Israel?

Last edited:

Same reason we do not bring all the Hatians to the USA?

Same reason we do not bring all the Hatians to the USA?

are the haitians our blood brothers though?

do we USE the haitians political strife as a means to keep the civil unrest going on as the Arab/muslim countries do?.....?

these arabs living in the palestine area have never had a country of their own in that region....even arafat was egyptian i believe...?

IF i were their ''brother'' i would be their keeper.

these people left there in poverty, without homes, under duress, decade after decade should be brought in under their ''brother's'' care instead of being used for their own political purpose!

Care4all, if you in fact care for all you should be sympathetic to the plight of the Palestinians. After WW2 the Palestinians were still a large majority in what is now Israel. The Israelis moved in, massacred villages and drove out many of the inhabitants. This was an act of ethnic cleansing. Those Palestinians who were driven from their homes have a right to return. Anything less means an acceptance of ethnic cleansing.

If somebody shot your neighbors and drove you from your home you would feel the same way. We all have a right to our homes don't you think?

ISSA NAKHLEH was a Palestinian Christian, born in the Shepherd's Field in Palestine. He was a graduate of the London University (LL.B. ) and a Barrister at Law of the on our able Society of Lincoln's Inn, London. He was a member of the Palestine Bar and a member of many Bar associations in the Arab World.

ISSA NAKHLEH was also a refugee, a man who had lost everything he had had. His house, his law office, his apartment house in Jerusalem and a banana plantation were, as he describes "usurped by the Zionists and Israeli war criminals ". A man's roots had been cut.

What other country would or should replace what he lost?

Shai,

I am curious about what you would consider a just solution for the people of Najd. Najd was a Palestine village with a population of about 700 people. It was a small farm community with a history that went back hundreds of years.

Before the beginning of the 1948 war Najd was attacked by the Negev Brigade in Operation Barak. The people were expelled and became refugees in what is now called the Gaza Strip. The village was destroyed. In 1951 Israel built the settlement of Sderot on village land and moved in foreign settlers.

Should the people of Najd have the right to reclaim the land that was stolen from them in this act of aggression?

Anyone?

There are many things that Arab/Muslim countries could do to help Gaza. The thing is that they hate Hamas more then they hate Israel.
Arab blood contact is a myth there are no "brothers".
Like you said: " Israel is such a tiny tiny tiny piece of land ", all our neighbors are Arab,some of them (mostly) hostile to Israel (at least as you see in the media ) and still Gaza is the one that under siege not Israel, Egyptian border is open to Israelis, so those the Jordanian border, open sky to land and take off and etc...

Who are the Arab countries and organizations that support Hamas? The same countries and organizations that support Iran!!!!! Coincidence??

Hamas are Iran's soldiers and supported by Iran. Any agreement signed with Hamas any land Hamas will get will be under Iran control. This is the main reason that no Arab country (except countries sympathetic to Iran) will help to Hamas 'win' Israel.

More news about Palestinian children.

quote: “The majority of these [Palestinian] children were killed and injured while going about normal daily activities, such as going to school, playing, shopping, or simply being in their homes. Sixty-four percent of children killed during the first six months of 2003 died as a result of Israeli air and ground attacks, or from indiscriminate fire from Israeli soldiers.”

link: Palestinian and Israeli children Killed

There are many things that Arab/Muslim countries could do to help Gaza. The thing is that they hate Hamas more then they hate Israel.
Arab blood contact is a myth there are no "brothers".
Like you said: " Israel is such a tiny tiny tiny piece of land ", all our neighbors are Arab,some of them (mostly) hostile to Israel (at least as you see in the media ) and still Gaza is the one that under siege not Israel, Egyptian border is open to Israelis, so those the Jordanian border, open sky to land and take off and etc...

Who are the Arab countries and organizations that support Hamas? The same countries and organizations that support Iran!!!!! Coincidence??

Hamas are Iran's soldiers and supported by Iran. Any agreement signed with Hamas any land Hamas will get will be under Iran control. This is the main reason that no Arab country (except countries sympathetic to Iran) will help to Hamas 'win' Israel.

A lot of what you say is misleading or false.

It is the US puppet regimes who do not like Hamas. The people in those countries support Palestine.

No coincidence at all. None of those you mention are puppets of the US. People around the world support Palestine irregardless of the position of their government.

Do you have any evidence that Iran is telling Hamas what to do?

BTW, Iran is Shia, Hamas is Sunni. The propaganda says they hate each other.

Forum List

Back