Why do modern actors sound less authentic in westerns than old time greats ?

Hollywood spens too much money on superhero films and not enough on westerns.
A friend of mine produces movies. He loves westerns and produced a few but said capturing an audience today is useless.

Im not even talking about the stars.

Any film with the likes of Walter Brennan, Chill Wills, Andy Devine and Edgar Buchanan sounds just right. I can believe that those guys lived the life.

In contrast modern actors sound like they have come off the beach or the stage in Nashville.They affect a gruff voice and thats the end of it. Thats why most modern westerns are crap.

Is it a school of acting that they all went to or are they all just bad actors ?

That's because westerns are racist.

A friend of mine produces movies. He loves westerns and produced a few but said capturing an audience today is useless.

I think there is a market. Do we need superhero films that me;t the brain ?

Any film with the likes of Walter Brennan, Chill Wills, Andy Devine and Edgar Buchanan sounds just right. I can believe that those guys lived the life.

In contrast modern actors sound like they have come off the beach or the stage in Nashville.They affect a gruff voice and thats the end of it. Thats why most modern westerns are crap.

Is it a school of acting that they all went to or are they all just bad actors ?
Developing a falsetto, I heard, is very hard even for the best actors.

Who are today's actors you feel can't pull off cowboy?

Slim Pickens was a name I missed out. Great actor.

Some trivia on Slim
"He explained how he got into the rodeo business: "Well, there was this big, lanky, 15-year-old California ranch kid, and he went into the rodeo manager's office and said, 'Mister, I want to sign up for the calf-roping but my paw says I ain't allowed to. So I can't use my right name'. And the manager said, 'Son, no matter what name you use, it'll be slim pickin's out there today'. So the boy said, 'That's as good a name as any, I reckon-put me down as Slim Pickin's'. The manager spelled it 'Pickens' and the boy won $400 that afternoon"."

What the hell do Eurotrash like you know about Americans accents? Have you ever even been to America?

Forum List

Back