Ship of Fools

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
Ship of Fools (1965) is a good ensemble move based on the novel by Katherine Ann Porter directed by Stanley Kramer. It is reminiscence of Grand Hotel but takes place on a German cruise ship in the 1930's. There is not much for action adventure fans here but if you love good character development, a fine script, and food for the emotions and intellect, then this is a movie for you. Of particular note is Vivien Leigh and Lee Marvin who play the most mismatched couple one could imagine. The movie is available on Prime and several other streaming services but it will cost you a few dollars. It is in the TCM library and appears on Turner Classic Movies occasionally. Its also available on Plex but there are probably commercials. Ship of Fools (1965).

Last edited:
An Entire cast of top-class actors. Even as a child, I enjoyed this movie. I recognized so many of the players it made the story interesting for me.

An Entire cast of top-class actors. Even as a child, I enjoyed this movie. I recognized so many of the players it made the story interesting for me.
I think this is the only movie I have seen Vivien Leigh when she was not playing an over the top Southern Belle. Michael Dunn who plays the dwarf is very good.

I wonder why people waste their time streaming garbage on Netflix and other services when we have so many really great production such as this one available.

Forum List

Back