Why do congressional staffers (and their bosses) get paid during a shutdown?

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
That's like the electric company turning off the power either through negligence, then demanding their customers pay for the power until they fix it.

A law that cut congressional salaries during a shutdown wouldn't really hurt the Congressmen and Senators who are worth millions.

Because they still work.

To be clear, I'm not really defending the politicians as much as I'm defending the staffers. Most of them don't make much money.

It's hard to pay your rent in DC when your paycheck gets cut off.

Because they still work.

To be clear, I'm not really defending the politicians as much as I'm defending the staffers. Most of them don't make much money.

Well I hope they make overtime because this is going to go well into the night! SHUTDOWN for a few hours anyway! :aargh:

Why don't they just pass this budget deal and all go home for two years?

God only knows the world would be better off not having to deal with the lead libtardo Pelosi for a couple years.

Well, everyone AND God knows, pardon me.

paychecks that get cut during a shutdown off are repaid after it ends ..

seems only fair if the government gets put on hold, every government issued paycheck gets held regardless of your job title.

That's like the electric company turning off the power either through negligence, then demanding their customers pay for the power until they fix it.

A law that cut congressional salaries during a shutdown wouldn't really hurt the Congressmen and Senators who are worth millions.

It is a good question they get their paychecks on time but the military gets back pay if the shut down goes on to long.

Ya know what . You wanna shit down, REALLY shut down . No security for congress, nonper deium , no Fed police, no cafeteria, no fed credit card .

See how fast congress lasts.

Why don't they just pass this budget deal and all go home for two years?

God only knows the world would be better off not having to deal with the lead libtardo Pelosi for a couple years.

Well, everyone AND God knows, pardon me.

The Republicans want to spend on the defense of this country and the Democrats want to spend on the decay of it.

It's like I've said repeatedly here: If you want representatives that represent foreigners and illegals, vote Democrat. If you want representatives that represent Americans, vote Republican. And if nobody believes that statement, then just look at the 8 hours of wasted time by Piglosi and who she was defending. It sure as hell wasn't us.

Because they still work.

It's hard to pay your rent anywhere in this country when your paycheck gets cut off. But government workers should be in the same position as us in the private sector. If you're not working, you don't get paid.

I agree with paying everybody who continues to work. But the objection I have is paying people who are not working when the shutdown happens. It's a paid vacation to them.

My God! You actually posted a thread that wasn't stupid!

I agree with you. Pay everyone EXCEPT the people who can't seem to do their fucking job.

Forum List

Back