Why do Christians Strongly Disagree with Science and Distrust Scientists

Listen dude.......something that I've found out over the years, which was taught to me by a friend of mine named Owen Robards............

He looked at me and stated that I had a problem with religion, and Christians in particular, which was absolutely true. Had a hard time with foster families and the like while I was growing up and had a Bible repeatedly bashed over my head. I was told that if I didn't drop the beliefs that I'd picked up in the previous family, and learn theirs, I was going to Hell.

Kind of a heavy trip for a 13 year old........

So......when I was in my late 20's, I met Owen. He told me that if I looked for the similarities, rather than the differences, I would get a lot farther. And......he told me to pay attention to the differences AFTER I'd found the similarities.....

That's where the lies were hidden.

So now? I study 3 theologies.......Tao, Christianity, and Judaism. Tao is similar to Judaism, and Judaism is what gave rise to Christianity.

So.....yeah.....I kinda do it that way.

Judaism and Christianity, however, are mutually exclusive in that one speaks of yeshua as god and the other a heretic- he claimed to be god, and so can be no prophet of god if not god. Clearly, you practice some personal brand of neojudeao-toistianity or whatever, so I ask you this: If you are going to seek truth personally, why rely on existing 'faith' and doctrines in the first place? You only limiting yourself

Judaism and Christianity, however, are mutually exclusive in that one speaks of yeshua as god and the other a heretic- he claimed to be god, and so can be no prophet of god if not god. Clearly, you practice some personal brand of neojudeao-toistianity or whatever, so I ask you this: If you are going to seek truth personally, why rely on existing 'faith' and doctrines in the first place? You only limiting yourself

Because, you've got to have something to begin with. If you follow most religions long enough, all threads lead back to Judaism.

And no, I'm not limiting myself. If I kept myself to only 1 faith, that would be true, but to have 3? I think that is different than "limiting".

By the way, it's not so much that the Jews spoke of Yeshua as a heretic,they just didn't believe that He was the Messiah, as He was crucified before He could complete the prophecies.

However........almost all of Judaism DOES recognize Yeshua as a great rabbi.

US message board and the asswipe changed my nik?

You sure this isn't a message board in China?

HOMOJESUS

Actually, no. It's ran by a retired Gunny from the Marines.

And.......think of it this way.......there are certain churches here in America, where if you state publicly that you are homosexual, they either try to fit you in or ask you to leave.

Same thing for cliques in high school, jobs where you have to wear suits, etc......

If you can't abide by the group, then you're gonna have to do something else. Personally? I find your s/n a bit offensive.......Yeshua was never gay.

It's a private board, not a government dump. You abide by the rules of the owners.

Forum List

Back