Why do Black and White teens get along better than adults?

Mickiel

Silver Member
May 19, 2016
Why do our young get along with their Black and White friends , often as if its normal and nothing to it? What is it about being young that can dilute racism? Some of our youth are racist , but we have a lot who are not , and those seem to actually be free of it.

I wish they would respond to this thread and explain to us their simplicity and help us to understand this wonderful dynamic.

Racism seems to enlist older stubborn people.

It's because racism is a learned behavior. A good way to see how it is learned behavior is to go to a kindergarten playground and watch the kids. All they see is other kids who want to play, and they don't really take notice of skin color.

Go to a playground for middle school, and you will see some a lot of them gravitate towards others who are like them.

How do you solve racism? Dunno.................but I personally think that the current crop of young people are more open minded than previous generations, but I think that is because they have access to a hell of a lot more information than previous generations.

Why do our young get along with their Black and White friends , often as if its normal and nothing to it? What is it about being young that can dilute racism? Some of our youth are racist , but we have a lot who are not , and those seem to actually be free of it.

I wish they would respond to this thread and explain to us their simplicity and help us to understand this wonderful dynamic.

Believe it or not, but I think MUSIC, in particular, Rap Music, kind of bridged th
e gap between youths of different races. Blacks are seen as "cool" as a result of the music industry, given that rap is primarily a black urban created genre that most young people of all races listen to.

Everything that everyone done is ultimately for a selfish reason and I think sports and entertainment creates a cool image of blacks among the youth and the youth want to be connected to the cool.

Blacks have always been accepting of others that were accepting of us in our youth and adulthood. Thus, the question should be what makes white youths get along with youths of other races more than their parents do or did?

Last edited:
What makes you think so many adults are racist?
I see black and white adult friends together all the time.

Young blacks haven't been fully indoctrinated to blame whites for every poor choice they make and to hate them.

1. There's no statistical basis for this claim.

2. If it's a learned behavior.. doesn't mean it's not factually based learning.
(ie, check the crime stats)
`

Last edited:
Young people are shifting gears man! They like each other.

Young people are shifting gears man! They like each other.

I think things are better but I would not go so far as you do in the OP. I think that we need to see what happens when they are separated after high school and college.

Last edited:
It's because racism is a learned behavior. A good way to see how it is learned behavior is to go to a kindergarten playground and watch the kids. All they see is other kids who want to play, and they don't really take notice of skin color.

Shithead, yes, racism is learned, learned by seeing reality. Kids are taught that all races are equal (aside from old, white men oppressing everyone else) but reality eventually teaches anyone who cares the truth: Whites are not oppressors, but blacks are toxic to civilization.

Young blacks haven't been fully indoctrinated to blame whites for every poor choice they make and to hate them.

Indoctrinated? Another example of psychosis.

Shithead, yes, racism is learned, learned by seeing reality. Kids are taught that all races are equal (aside from old, white men oppressing everyone else) but reality eventually teaches anyone who cares the truth: Whites are not oppressors, but blacks are toxic to civilization.

You haven't learned reality yet.

I just saw a video of Omarosa Manigault, a black women who left the Trump administration. She was criticizing VP Pence's Christianity. She declared herself a Christian but added that "Jesus ain't say that" referring to Pence's conservative views.

Here's a black woman who worked in a very nice job in the White House, but she's still dumb as shit. She speaks Ebonics and thinks she knows things she knows nothing about (like what Jesus said). How is any kid with his eyes open not eventually going to learn that what he was taught as a child about race is bullshit?

I just saw a video of Omarosa Manigault, a black women who left the Trump administration. She was criticizing VP Pence's Christianity. She declared herself a Christian but added that "Jesus ain't say that" referring to Pence's conservative views.

Here's a black woman who worked in a very nice job in the White House, but she's still dumb as shit. She speaks Ebonics and thinks she knows things she knows nothing about (like what Jesus said). How is any kid with his eyes open not eventually going to learn that what he was taught as a child about race is bullshit?

She knows better, she's just pandering to rehabilitate her image with her peeps. Remember when Al Gore the whitest man on earth was talking like a jive turkey in front of that black church or whatever? LOL

Get help for your mental disorder.

It's a matter of interaction. Youth now have an opportunity to interact freely with each other and figure out for themselves whom to like and whom to dislike, and the discovery is of individuals, not entire "races."

I grew up in an all-white Jersey 'burb so long ago. I didn't have black neighbors and school mates. My first remembered interaction with a person of African descent was a hospital employee. I had woken up, about aged eight, in the children's hospital ward after a tonsillectomy covered in blood in one of those crib cages. As an experienced tree-climber, I figured "up and over" to get to the sink on the other side of the ward. It took some effort, so I was pissed when this employee found me, asked what I was doing out of bed, and physically carried me back to my lock-down bed! Then he got somebody to tend to me. I didn't realize how wonderful he was at the time, just human to human, and he was taking care of a child, with gentleness and concern.

Then, growing up, there was Motown, Sam Cooke, and all the best of music brought to us by black artists, plus we saw the ugly scenes on TV of the revolting racist behavior in the south during the civil-rights movement, from fire hoses to the finding of bodies buried in a levy or berm. The racial experience was incremental, and well-shaped by my religious background, by my parents's memories of Marion Anderson and Roy Campanella, who had an estate on Morgan's Island not far from my grandparents' home, and also by the fact that I was given the opportunity to travel as a teenager, and meet other people on the other side of the world who were friendly and wonderful to me.

Now, our communities are integrated in many places, and the advances in electronic media have given the young folks more opportunities to forge friendships through school, talk, and music. There are many more opportunities for one-on-one interactions. I think that this frightens older people who have never had the opportunity to meet and interact with people who are somehow different from them.

Sounds like bullshit. I remember hearing the same thing when I was a kid and I'm now early 50s. It seems to be just your perception sine I couldn't find any stats on this.

There was a study years ago showing that while the workplace is getting more diverse, when people leave work or school they tend to stick to those like them. Likely because they live in the same neighborhood.

Forum List

Back