Why Do Atheist's Hate The Ground Zero Cross ?

Wildman

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2013
this Side of Heaven
Ground Zero Cross: Court presses atheist group to explain why artifact is 'offensive' | Fox News

Ground Zero Cross: Court presses atheist group to explain why artifact is 'offensive'

A federal appeals court said this week that an atheist group trying to keep the so-called Ground Zero Cross out of the National September 11 Memorial Museum must better explain how displaying the artifact is “offensive” and violates members’ constitutional rights.

The 17-foot-tall, steel beam “cross” was found in the rubble of the World Trade Center twin towers in New York that fell during the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

The cross became a sort of shrine or place of comfort for first responders who often prayed there and left messages or flowers. It was moved away from the debris a few weeks later and became a tourist attraction through several years of reconstruction.

American Atheists filed the suit in 2011, which was thrown out last year by a federal judge in the Southern District of New York.

see ? just like their comrades in hate, the libercRATS, these people never give up, they keep chipping away at our rights, their constant, incessant whining and crying will eventually get what they want thru political channels thru a sympathetic libercRAT congress critter who will introduce a bill, it may not pass the first up, but you can bet your ass they will keep at it until that very tiny minority of a few hundred people over rule the wishes and common sense of 300,000,000 citizens.......,

take our Second Amendment Vs Gun Control.., need i say more ?

:up:

Atheists are trying to have it removed. They lawyered up and intend to sue. They can't stand anyone not believing the way they do and they are offended by anything that resembles a cross. The cross in question was found in the debris and displayed as it was found. But since it's a cross, atheists can't live with it. They don't care about Mosques being built near ground zero and didn't speak up over that, but now have a damn fit over a couple beams.

Are we all supposed to sue over things we find offensive? I'm offended by a lot of things, but I avoid them. I don't like watching idiots walk around with their pants down and undies hanging out. I don't like seeing Mexican flags at homes in America. I don't like it when the cashier at the gas station doesn't speak English. I hate pressing '1' for English. And I don't have to go out of my way to be offended. I also don't go around suing people because they don't think the way I do.

A better question is why a burned out piece of metal from a destroyed building gives morons any comfort. Was Jesus protecting the towers that day? Is that why a cross formed? Or was it just a matter of chance that a cross-section of steel support beams was cut by the destruction in such a way as to form an easily recognizable shape and therefore doesn't have any meaning other than what morons attribute to it?

"Whenever I look at the Ground Zero Cross, I am reminded of how much God loves America." Is that the mentality? It's wrong. God doesn't love America. God doesn't even know that America exists. Americans are so vain and egotistical that they think that an all-knowing omnipotent eternal being cares about a particular sports team.

God wasn't in the World Trade Center. Do you know why?

"You cannot serve both God and money." - Jesus H. Christ

Reagan sold missiles to the jihad, bin Laden among their ranks.

Thank you, Ronald Reagan, for the Ground Zero Freedom Cross.

You yanks don't half stick your noses in the wrong places.The cross should stay as a symbol of generations of stupidity.

Last edited:
The Atheists who I know aren't threatened by such things. The fact is that over 80% of the country believes in a higher power...I don't understand why a non-believer would be so up in arms about other people finding comfort in the symbolism of an object.

Of course the far left will promote any propaganda that pushes blame off of themselves.

That far left Congress how dare they do such a thing...
Pass blame off of "the left"? Who the fuck was President in 2001? A "Leftist"?

Leftists don't need to transfer blame for 9/11. Republicans armed the jihad and a Republican was reading My Pet Goat on 9/11 instead of the security briefing titled "Bin Laden Determined To Attack Inside the United States". That's all on the GOP.

Or were Reagan and Bush powerless under the oppressive thumb of liberal leftist Sharia Marxists?

Of course the far left will promote any propaganda that pushes blame off of themselves.

Leftists don't need to transfer blame for 9/11. Republicans armed the jihad and a Republican was reading My Pet Goat on 9/11 instead of the security briefing titled "Bin Laden Determined To Attack Inside the United States". That's all on the GOP.

Or were Reagan and Bush powerless under the oppressive thumb of liberal leftist Sharia Marxists?

Wow the far left revisionist history is on full display.

Clinton gets a five year pass from the far left, but not someone that was in office for less than 9 months..

Even the 9/11 commission report shows that Clinton dropped the ball several times, but hey don't let that far left propaganda get in the way of the facts.

Not top mention, the whole jihad against the US started with not Iran in 1979, but during Bush Sr., American troops were preparing for Desert Storm and were positioned in places that Osama considered sacred Muslim holy land...

Not top mention, the whole jihad against the US started with not Iran, but during Bush Sr., American troops were preparing for Desert Storm and were positioned in places that Osama considered sacred Muslim holy land...

Actually it started in 1996 with a formal declaration.

The jihad against the west has been going a lot longer than that.

Wow the far left revisionist history is on full display.

Clinton gets a five year pass from the far left, but not someone that was in office for less than 9 months..

Even the 9/11 commission report shows that Clinton dropped the ball several times, but hey don't let that far left propaganda get in the way of the facts.
Look at yourself trying to pass the blame off of the GOP. "Yes, Reagan armed the jihad and Bush was completely inept and he lied to the entire world to start a war that he couldn't finish, but what about Clinton????"

It's just sad. Take your fucking medicine. The GOP is not innocent. Saying that the GOP is not innocent does NOT mean that Democrats are. It means that the GOP is not innocent. Blame is due to those responsible. Reagan was fucking responsible.

Forum List

Back