Why do American liberals hate isreal?

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012

Anyone? I never remembered a time when American liberals liked Israel , I never could figure that one out.

And I will never figure out why American Jewish folks still vote for democrats, that is a strange one also.

Anyone? I never remembered a time when American liberals liked Israel , I never could figure that one out.

And I will never figure out why American Jewish folks still vote for democrats, that is a strange one also.

I can remember a time. I have always been pro-Israel.

Because they don't take shit from Muslims.

Pushing Islam is a much higher priority for progressives. The destruction of the West is top priority in fact.

I am 52 I don't remember, why what happened?

Fuck No we are not forgetting ...Fiftieth Anniversary of a Middle East Pearl Harbor style attack is coming up....
upload_2017-5-23_5-46-35.jpeg
uss-liberty.jpg

June 8, 1967 – Israel deliberately attacked the USS Liberty in international waters, killing 34 U.S. sailors and wounding more than 170

You can't be serious this is the real reason? Just googled it ...

Why the left hates Israel

He explained, “Leftists/liberals/progressives believe that the great moral drama of our era is ‘the rest against the West’ or the ‘people of color’ against the ‘white man.’ This has replaced poor-against-rich or worker-against-capitalist as the core idea of progressive thought. Seen through that lens, Israel (the ‘Western,’ ‘white’ guys) is automatically wrong, and the Palestinians (the ‘anti-colonialist,’ ‘people of color’) are automatically right. On the other side, conservatives value Israel as a free country, a democracy and an ally of the United States.”

Read more at Why does the left hate Israel?

Crap. You're old.......J/K.

The universities accepted petrodollars in the 1970s and created ME studies and often chaired by those that refuse to acknowledge the existence of Israel or promote anti-Israeli sentiment.

It really is that simple.

I think people forget about the Arab League Boycott and the number of corporations that were willing to go along with it for cash as well.

Last edited:

The universities accepted petrodollars in the 1970s and created ME studies and often chaired by those that refuse to acknowledge the existence of Israel or promote anti-Israeli sentiment.

I think people forget about the Arab League Boycott and the number of corporations that were willing to go along with it for cash as well.

Really? Interesting, learn something new everyday going to look into it

Really? Interesting, learn something new everyday going to look into it

Don't get me wrong. I think ME studies are invaluable and I have not found any connection between the boycott and the universities. I didn't mean to imply that if that is the way it came out. Politicizing studies with propaganda is wrong as hell.

I'm an American liberal. I don't hate Israel.
I don't especially love Israel either. Indifferent is probably the best way to put it.

I'm an American liberal. I don't hate Israel.
I don't especially love Israel either. Indifferent is probably the best way to put it.

Maybe I am just painting a broad brush and once again it's just the minority of left yapping loud again.

it's just the minority of left yapping loud again.

It's just a minority now. But, Democrat animosity towards Israel is becoming more mainstream in the party.

Obama's openly antagonistic stance towards Israel is well documented.

Even if the party is reluctant to put a label on it, the more radical sector of the party would be more than happy to through Israel under the bus.

Forum List

Back