why didnt the right do this when Bush was president?

what lie you fucking idiot?

Bush refused to maintain the arsenal unless he was allowed to buy more

"Lair" is a place where an animal lies. Your lair is where you lie in wait for some dupe to fall into your trap.

You have a reputation for laying in wait to trap people and I can't help you out of it.

Gee, TM, thanks for saying so, but at least a fucking idiot gets some wild, fun, free, exciting and riveting pleasure out of it. ;)

There's nothing pleasurable about your lair.

you get trapped by facts.

that means you dont use them much.

I can see why you think FACTS are a trap.

Thank you for the compliment though.

You just admitted how effective I am at trapping you into seeing reality by forcing facts on you

Now ANYONE please tell me why Bush was unconcerned about maintaining these weapons?

Let me clear this mystery up for you.

Your party is owned by people who dont ever plan to use the nukes.

They know that using them would be the height of idiocy.

They do however use them to talk tuff and win your idiot votes by pretedning to be as stupid as you.

Keeping war in the air makes people fearful and easy to manipulate into acting against their own interests.

The proof of this is them NOT BEING WILLING to spend a fucking dime on making sure they work correctly for use.

The republican power brokers were not willing to spend a fucking dime on it because its just a fake moustache you fools

here is the real reason

what lie you fucking idiot?

Bush refused to maintain the arsenal unless he was allowed to buy more

"Lair" is a place where an animal lies. Your lair is where you lie in wait for some dupe to fall into your trap.

You have a reputation for laying in wait to trap people and I can't help you out of it.

Gee, TM, thanks for saying so, but at least a fucking idiot gets some wild, fun, free, exciting and riveting pleasure out of it. ;)

There's nothing pleasurable about your lair.

you get trapped by facts.

that means you dont use them much.

I can see why you think FACTS are a trap.

Thank you for the compliment though.

You just admitted how effective I am at trapping you into seeing reality by forcing facts on you

You are pretty much the most anti fact person on these boards, hence the lack of any support from any anyone from any political "side." The most you get is people like Rtard, Shaman and RW, people who actually don't even agree with you as much as they use your threads to troll other talking points that they are stuck on for the week.

Get back to supporting Obama bailing out and handing billions to rich people TM…

Let me clear this mystery up for you.

Your party is owned by people who dont ever plan to use the nukes.

They know that using them would be the height of idiocy.

They do however use them to talk tuff and win your idiot votes by pretedning to be as stupid as you.

Keeping war in the air makes people fearful and easy to manipulate into acting against their own interests.

The proof of this is them NOT BEING WILLING to spend a fucking dime on making sure they work correctly for use.

The republican power brokers were not willing to spend a fucking dime on it because its just a fake moustache you fools

here is the real reason

You do realize that Obama is one of the biggest war Presidents in US history correct? He spends far more than Bush did... You know, the evil war President you hate...

Holy fuck you make liberals look stupid.

Bush started the wars Obama is ending..

are you going to say ANYTHING about why the arssenal was left to rot under Bush?

Now ANYONE please tell me why Bush was unconcerned about maintaining these weapons?

probably because we don't use mutual assured destruction as the primary deterrent method. The emphasis is on special ops, conventional arms, etc. I'm trying to see the issue here.....

probably because we don't use mutual assured destruction as the primary deterrent method. The emphasis is on special ops, conventional arms, etc. I'm trying to see the issue here.....
You won't. She gets tanked up in the mornings before she fires up her 'puter.

The need to spend heavily to modernize the nation’s shrinking nuclear stockpile has been apparent for at least two decades. President George H.W. Bush reduced the stockpile by nearly 40 percent and imposed a ban on nuclear testing. President Bill Clinton extended the ban while reaffirming the importance of maintaining the arsenal’s safety and performance.

President George W. Bush came into office in 2001 planning to shrink and modernize the vast and deteriorating nuclear complex. Although he cut the stockpile by almost 50 percent and made some progress on renovating the complex, the effort was largely derailed by the costs and complications of two wars.​
You just make sure you don't mention the last two GOP presidents have reduced the stockpile and Clinton didn't.
While the administration was surprised by the state of the stockpile, the decision to spend heavily on modernization was also driven by a deal cut with Senate Republicans in late 2010. As part of negotiations to win ratification of the New START accord and reduce the nuclear weapons maintained by the United States and Russia, the administration agreed to increase money for modernizing the nuclear-weapons complex. Some Republicans say the administration isn’t spending enough.​
Oh, look: Obama didn't want to spend much on the modernization -- and some say he's still not spending enough.
Much of the blame for the soaring costs has fallen on the National Nuclear Security Administration, the division of the Department of Energy responsible for managing and modernizing the nuclear stockpile. For years, the Government Accountability Office, the Pentagon and some lawmakers have cited the NNSA for chronic poor planning and bad management. The GAO has had the NNSA on its “high-risk list” for fraud, waste and abuse in contracting and management since 1990.

Government reports show that the NNSA has blown budgets across the board. For instance, the projected cost of a new weapons conversion facility at the DOE’s Savannah River Site in South Carolina rose to $5 billion from $1.4 billion. It was eventually scrapped — after $700 million in planning costs. The cost of building a new fuel fabrication facility at Savannah River also has tripled to $5 billion, and it is scheduled to open in 2016, a decade late.​
Oh, look: Government inefficiency and incompetence. But that's the GOP's fault. Somehow. It just is.

Right, TM?
The nuclear arsenal has not entirely escaped cuts. To comply with the new Budget Control Act spending limits, the NNSA decided this year that it could not afford to replace both the crumbling plutonium testing facility at Los Alamos for $6 billion and the deteriorating uranium processing facility in Building 9212 at Oak Ridge for $6.5 billion.

The NNSA chose to rehab Building 9212 because there was no alternative site where the critical work carried out there could be performed.

So, after 250 contractors moved into Los Alamos last year and tractors dug out 160,000 cubic feet of volcanic tuff rock from the side of a hill, NNSA and the administration decided that building a new plutonium-testing site would be delayed five years. The crews stopped work. The tractors were idled. A new reality sank in.​
Oh, spending cuts mandated by the Budget Control Act that Obama signed?

How is that the GOP's fault, again?

As usual, TM tells only part of the story. Lying by omission.

are you going to say ANYTHING about why the arssenal was left to rot under Bush?

Bush didn't start a war with Iran, Pakistan, Egypt, Libya... Also Bush ended the Iraq war, Obama tried to keep it going. It ended on Bush' timeline, not a day sooner as Obama promised he would do, so no... Obama didn't end the Iraq war, Bush did. To top it off Obama shifter the troops from Iraq to Afghanistan and other areas of the world.

Oh how you hate facts and love war.

Your the party of the childish temper tantrums.

" nuh uhhhhh"

the irony of this post can not be understated....

The exact reason I refuse to participate in ANY debate with that fucking retarded fool.

Lol, debate? Every single person understands they are not entering this or any TM thread for "debate" with TM, it's just the boards as a whole taking out some comedy relief on the biggest hyper partisan troll here.

Best part is TM seems utterly oblivious to how big of a joke they are on these and probably any forums. Honestly, can anyone here name someone on the internet they have met that repeatedly owns themselves with hypocrisy and irony in any given single thread they start or post in?

I mean we have TM defending bail outs for the rich now... We have TM as pro war as the most pro war Bush bots were at their height.

Are you going to say anything about why it was left to rot under Clinton?

prove it was

It's in the article you linked, genius.
The need to spend heavily to modernize the nation’s shrinking nuclear stockpile has been apparent for at least two decades. President George H.W. Bush reduced the stockpile by nearly 40 percent and imposed a ban on nuclear testing. President Bill Clinton extended the ban while reaffirming the importance of maintaining the arsenal’s safety and performance.​
He reaffirmed it -- but didn't do anything about it.

Forum List

Back