Why did God create evil?

Well, you avoid everything I say. It’s the right conclusion.
Much more accurately, I ignore the nonsense. You have to decide why you are here, and why you wish to interact with people of faith. Some atheists choose interaction because they truly want to know how believers think. Others just want to set up a game of Gotcha! In my opinion, you fall into the second category.

ç. You have thrown tantrum after tantrum insisting God (in whom you have no belief) created evil. You demand to know why.

We have all presented you with very clear pictures of what we believe about God, and what we believe about evil. You say we can't look at God that way, that we can't perceive evil the way we do, either. You demand that we see God your way, and evil your way. For what purpose? Your end game is "Gotcha."

I have told you before, I concede all Gotcha!(s) to you because the rule of the game is that the person who does not show up, forfeits, and the win goes to the other side. I don't show up for Gotcha! games. I avoid them, I forfeit them, and you win. And.I.could.not.care.less.

Should you ever truly care what people of faith see and why they believe as they do, tune in. Otherwise, bask in your own beliefs without the insistence that people of faith join you in whatever it is you feel you are basking in. Be more articulate and a great deal more upfront about what you believe.
You've all told me what you think about god and evil, and it's not that I'm not listening, I just think you're wrong. If we start from the premise that god created the universe, then god created everything in it, including evil. I am asking why? The rest of you want to scapegoat god out that conundrum, and I simply don't buy it. I accept that you need your position otherwise the whole god-concept thing doesn't make any sense at all, because why would a god who you think loves you create things like cancer and deformed babies? it's nothing to do with a gotcha game, you just need to put that tag on me to give yourself an out from my solid questions. You know, you could always say you don't know, because seriously, you don't know, and that's ok, because neither do I, that's why I'm asking for opinions.

So would it make sense that because I robbed a bank, that all my descendants UNTIL THE END OF TIME get punished?
Again, wrong call, wrong game.

But something to consider...does it make sense that robbers and worse can be redeemed?
Totally relevant, Adam did something bad and all his descendants are paying for it. God needs to go to judge school. :biggrin:
Only an idiot would believe that. Are you an idiot?
For bothering with you? Yes. :biggrin:
Then don’t waste my time with childrens’ arguments.
Like yours, that god didn't create evil, evil made itself? :lol:

If we start from the premise that god created the universe, then god created everything in it, including evil..

As I have been pointing out ad nauseum is that YOU start from that premise. WE do not.

We are also at cross purposes on the very definition of "evil" which you define as physical deformities and we describe as moral wrong. As far as deformities, I have seen unbelievable good come from these deformities. All you seem able to do is shudder at people who have them and consider them as having an evil make-up. It is unbelievable to me that this Is that ALL you see in the deformed.

If we start from the premise that god created the universe, then god created everything in it, including evil..

As I have been pointing out ad nauseum is that YOU start from that premise. WE do not.

We are also at cross purposes on the very definition of "evil" which you define as physical deformities and we describe as moral wrong. As far as deformities, I have seen unbelievable good come from these deformities. All you seem able to do is shudder at people who have them and consider them as having an evil make-up. It is unbelievable to me that this Is that ALL you see in the deformed.
So you don't consider that god made the universe and everything in it? That's completely absurd. That's cherry-picking at its finest. Just carve out the good stuff and we'll say that the bad stuff wasn't god's fault. And you expect inquiring minds to accept that? Um... no.

So where did evil come from and why doesn't god have any power over it?

So where did evil come from and why doesn't god have any power over it?

evil is tangential and must be conquered to have "power" over it, its elimination by that spirit - that is why 4th century christians can not answer your question, they acquiesces to its existence through their false bible / religion. the crucifixion was the end result for that individuals accomplishment.

So you don't consider that god made the universe and everything in it?
Not even close to what I said or have ever said. Do you wish to think back and try again? I am tired of repeating myself.

Then god made evil. I want to know why?
1. Asked and answered. Return to the beginning of the thread and re-read.
2. Since that is your belief, you tell me why you believe God made evil.

Because if god didn't make everything in the universe, I want to know who helped god.
Shrug. It is now your theory God did not make everything? Who/what do you hypothesize did?

Because if god didn't make everything in the universe, I want to know who helped god.
Shrug. It is now your theory God did not make everything? Who/what do you hypothesize did?
According to you and others here, god didn't make evil or bad things like cancer, deformed babies... ipso facto, god didn't make everything in the universe. I agree, it's pretty far out there.

According to you and others
No. According to your misunderstanding, misinterpretation of what has been said, you have jumped to your own conclusions which do not match anything we have said at all. It is time, I think, for all of us to put this aside and move on.

No. According to your misunderstanding, misinterpretation of what has been said, you have jumped to your own conclusions which do not match anything we have said at all. It is time, I think, for all of us to put this aside and move on.
So now you're saying that god made evil? Good for you. Now I want to know why?

Again, wrong call, wrong game.

But something to consider...does it make sense that robbers and worse can be redeemed?
Totally relevant, Adam did something bad and all his descendants are paying for it. God needs to go to judge school. :biggrin:
Evil isn’t extant so God could not have created it.

Furthermore, you don’t believe God created evil because you don’t believe God exists.

evil is present within the confines of the physical / spiritual being and is deployed by those choosing its use when advantageous for their desired results ... ergo religion, the reason for the Almighty.

upload_2018-11-7_15-57-54.jpeg

as christianity, the desert religions have not been immune in its use.

So instead of a genuine discussion you choose to confirm your bias by building straw men of your belief of what you believe we should believe, rather than what we actually believe.

So instead of a genuine discussion you choose to confirm your bias by building straw men of your belief

a factual review of history involving the three desert religions not withstanding being the same, an exercise of unbridled contempt against the forces of good by those congregations for their own personal gain.

Furthermore, you don’t believe God created evil because you don’t believe God exists.
So if god didn't create evil, who did?

So instead of a genuine discussion you choose to confirm your bias by building straw men of your belief of what you believe we should believe, rather than what we actually believe.
Either god mad everything in the universe or it didn't. Which is it?

Forum List

Back