Why did Black Folk fight for the US in the Second World War ?

It seems like an act of faith in something that didn't exist.

At home, the inherent racism of the US denied them the very "freedoms" they were dying for.

They fought in the First War and nothing really changed, they should have learned from that.

Having said that, being bombed in Europe was probably preferable to life in the slave states.

Did black people see their daily lives improve as a result of their sacrifice ?

:auiqs.jpg:
This coming from a serf from an ex imperialist has been nation ..

Tell us how many boogies fought for the British empire during the second world war...
Tell us how brotherly ya all were ...try cracking open a history book nazi moron
The french shafted thier black ww2 soldiers on pay...alone

Always remember, and never forget, it was Archliberal Franklin D. Roosevelt who made the decision to deploy a Jim Crow Army during WWII. Conservatives like my old man, had no problem at all with soul brothers. My grandfather, a hardline conservative as well, always traded with and sold to paying customers regardless of their race.

Hitler had quite the belly laugh at FDR's hypocrisy about fighting a war against racism, using a racist army.
He had little choice

Trying to integrate an Army in the middle of our largest global conflict was not going anywhere

Actually you have it half ass backwards as per usual. It was actually the ideal time to integrate the US Army.

In 1938, before WW2 festivities started, America had only 180,000 men in the Army. By 1944, we had 8 million, a massive increase. Most of the guys, more 90% were unfamiliar with Army ways, and would have had no problem being immediately put into racially integrated units on Day One of their enlistment. It isn't like they were used to doing things in the former segregated way. Further, due to the sky high unemployment rate in America until Pearl Harbor, large numbers of young American men were just glad for the work. Remember how crushing FDR's economic policies were to this nation. Very few whites would have objected to working with African Americans, and few blacks would have raised a stink about working with the Honky.
Truman did not integrate the Armed Services until 1947. After WWII and before we got entangled in Korea

Very few whites would have objected to working with African Americans?
What country do you live in?

I live in America.

But my answer stands. Honkies didn't object a few years later in 1947, and it came off smooth as shit. Ditto in baseball, where Jackie Robinson became the first black baseball player in 1947. Honkies had no problem with boxing matches with Joe Louis as well during and before WW2.

And remember, a lot of guys were out of work, both white and black, when WW2 started. They really needed the work
You have read nothing about Jackie Robinson have you?

I know that Jackie Robinson got some grief when he played in Liberal cities like New York and Chicago. But the people liked him, and thought he was a pretty good player. Much the same as when the Jackie Robinson of the Supreme Court came along- Clarence Thomas in 1991. Took a lot of liberal grief

....I read where Sammy Davis Jr got harassed/bullied/etc in the military because he was black
https://military.wikia.org/wiki/Sammy_Davis,_Jr.
They broke his nose
That is why it was crooked the rest of his life

That may have been due to Davis' conservatism. Why was he banned from the 1961 JFK inaugural? Was it his conservatism, or the fact the Kennedy was a bigot and didn't like the fact Davis was married to a white broad?

..my dad ''hinted'' about some ''bad racism''' when he was in the military during the Korean War

....I read where Sammy Davis Jr got harassed/bullied/etc in the military because he was black
They broke his nose

That may have been due to Davis' conservatism. Why was he banned from the 1961 JFK inaugural? Was it his conservatism, or the fact the Kennedy was a bigot and didn't like the fact Davis was married to a white broad?
..they didn't let him stay at the hotels he was performing at, from what I have read

They broke his nose

..they didn't let him stay at the hotels he was performing at, from what I have read

That's definitely true. A lot of Liberal cities banned African Americans from staying in their hotels.

They broke his nose

That's definitely true. A lot of Liberal cities banned African Americans from staying in their hotels.
But they let them work there.

At home, the inherent racism of the US denied them the very "freedoms" they were dying for.

They fought in the First War and nothing really changed, they should have learned from that.

Having said that, being bombed in Europe was probably preferable to life in the slave states.

Wow, don't tell me you are seriously this stupid?

Are you not aware of history?

Slavery was over before the 20th century you dolt.

Conscription - Wikipedia

When the HMS drafts you, did the British say "no?" I doubt it, no matter how they felt about it.

Pretty much the same was true.

You start some pretty dumb threads sometimes.

They went, b/c it was either that or prison.

The ending of slavery was one step on the way. Blacks were still second class citizens in the US. Why fight for that ?

Tell me tammy why did India fight for Britain? I mean after all they were 2nd class citizens hell the British even murdered them in droves.

He had little choice

Trying to integrate an Army in the middle of our largest global conflict was not going anywhere

Actually you have it half ass backwards as per usual. It was actually the ideal time to integrate the US Army.

In 1938, before WW2 festivities started, America had only 180,000 men in the Army. By 1944, we had 8 million, a massive increase. Most of the guys, more 90% were unfamiliar with Army ways, and would have had no problem being immediately put into racially integrated units on Day One of their enlistment. It isn't like they were used to doing things in the former segregated way. Further, due to the sky high unemployment rate in America until Pearl Harbor, large numbers of young American men were just glad for the work. Remember how crushing FDR's economic policies were to this nation. Very few whites would have objected to working with African Americans, and few blacks would have raised a stink about working with the Honky.
Truman did not integrate the Armed Services until 1947. After WWII and before we got entangled in Korea

Very few whites would have objected to working with African Americans?
What country do you live in?

I live in America.

But my answer stands. Honkies didn't object a few years later in 1947, and it came off smooth as shit. Ditto in baseball, where Jackie Robinson became the first black baseball player in 1947. Honkies had no problem with boxing matches with Joe Louis as well during and before WW2.

And remember, a lot of guys were out of work, both white and black, when WW2 started. They really needed the work
You have read nothing about Jackie Robinson have you?

I know that Jackie Robinson got some grief when he played in Liberal cities like New York and Chicago. But the people liked him, and thought he was a pretty good player. Much the same as when the Jackie Robinson of the Supreme Court came along- Clarence Thomas in 1991. Took a lot of liberal grief
Try Thurgood Marshall

Don’t you have the slightest concept of history or do you just post whatever shit pops into your brain?

Conscription - Wikipedia

When the HMS drafts you, did the British say "no?" I doubt it, no matter how they felt about it.

The ending of slavery was one step on the way. Blacks were still second class citizens in the US. Why fight for that ?

Tell me tammy why did India fight for Britain? I mean after all they were 2nd class citizens hell the British even murdered them in droves.

They are still trying to fathom out the story of the British in India.There were complex relationships and the Brits played off one group against others.

This is probably known by some of you but during World War 2, German Americans and Italian Americans were not allowed to have short wave radios. We know what happened to Japanese Americans.

Conscription - Wikipedia

They are still trying to fathom out the story of the British in India.There were complex relationships and the Brits played off one group against others.

. . so the aristocracy and monarchy are different than the ruling classes of the U.S., is that it?

Nuance exists for the British. . . but things are black and white in America?

You are either just really dumb, or a paid propagandist.

GTFO here with that shit.

Conscription - Wikipedia

. . so the aristocracy and monarchy are different than the ruling classes of the U.S., is that it?

Notice how he blithely ignored the India question, Britain ACTUALLY shot thousands of Indians who simply wanted freedom and he defends that shit while whining about America. That doesn't include all the blacks made 2nd and 3rd class citizens in other British colonies.

Conscription - Wikipedia

Notice how he blithely ignored the India question, Britain ACTUALLY shot thousands of Indians who simply wanted freedom and he defends that shit while whining about America. That doesn't include all the blacks made 2nd and 3rd class citizens in other British colonies.

Five Eyes - Wikipedia

Conscription - Wikipedia

The British colonial record is hard to defend
The US was like South Africa

was?

Back in the 1940's, 50's and 60's, libs really loved our marginal tax rates.

was?
Yes, was

was?
Yes, was

Tell that to the indigenous Bolivians that were the victims of the CIA intervention.

was?
Yes, was

Actually, America was nothing like South Africa. America's African Americans could vote, could move where they wanted to and did. Some very liberal states had Jim Crow codes in place, but we didn't have separate toilets for the blacks in the mid west, and they rode the same city buses and attended the same schools as their Honky neighbors.

Forum List

Back