Why did Arafat turn down 97% of the W Bank and all of Gaza in 2000?

I am reading that a Right of Return Conference is scheduled at the Boston University Law School Auditorium for April 6 to April 7. http://www.facebook.com/RightOfReturnConference?sk=timeline
Thanks for the heads up.......I plan on being there........ :thup:
Pbel will be there too. You'll be glad to meet him. He'll be the one in the pink tutu.

Really am flattered that even a West Virgini Hillbilly enjoyed my works, thanks!

Here again is the one dedicated tou you...

He’d be coming
Down the mountain
If he could

But he fell asleep
In the outhouse
Sawing wood

Poor ‘ol Hossie
Drank too much
Hoochie

Now he’s snoring
On top of
Poopie

Or he’d be down
The mountain
Cutting wood!

to answer the question----

"WHY DID ARAFART TURN DOWN......'"

anyone who attended to the issue of the 1967 war---as I did-----which was not hard at all----I simply kept PBS
on the TV screen for weeks----and listened with rapt interest
to the rantings of muslim diplomats----

It is simple----the muslims intended to destroy israel ---thru
attack, murder, pillage and rape----and claimed victory.

CRISIS IN THE MIDDLE EAST-----from mid may 1967---onwards----- nothing has changed. I had an advantage
back them-----receptive blank page mind

Thanks for the heads up.......I
4thDoctormad.gif
plan on being there........ :thup:
Pbel
7_4_2.gif
will be there too. You'll be glad to meet him.
flirty1-smiley.gif
He'll be the one in the pink tutu.
"Is he going to borrow yours??.........." :cool:

I bet there's alot of gay (male) muslims (who go to your mosque, and all those around the world, especially in...IRAN, yemen, Libya(lol) afghanistan, ETC...)
who would L
Heart_pumpin.gif
VE to put on a tutu....

2najq0h.gif

But it's not allowed
......it was on the news...did you see the story about the muslim transvestites (living in--pakistan--or one of those hellholes)...Fascinating.

according to your--notes--there's Sunniman, the "PATRIOTIC MUSLIM AMERICAN"(?) ok, my fellow american.
Smileytinyshower.gif

We both share the same planet, like to eat Hummus, pay our taxes....

...then there's the other "Sunniman" - the islamic Sunniman.

LATJOURNALISTINARABDRAG060607.jpg

kicktocurb.gif

No arab should get a dime for lost land----
unless jews who lost in ANY muslim land are comparibly compensated.
Of course---that is not going to happen

I disagree. Each country and group of refugeees should be dealt with individually as individuals - not via religious identifications. That is the road to bigotry.

The road to bigotry is the DISCARDING OF EQUITY------a policy of compensation
to "palestinians" and not jews is the DISCARDING OF EQUITY It is not
a question of "RELIGION" it is a GROUP issue-----somewhat comparable to
race ---ETHNIC FAVORITISM

No. Each country is individual. The Israeli's and those Palestinians who were evicted are one group and they must decide with each other what is right and "equitable". Each of the countries who evicted Jewish populations must work out with those people what is right and equitable. It's not just a lump of Jews and a lump of Muslims because the situations are different with each nationality. To do otherwise promotes "ethnic favoritism" by ignoring individuals.

The road to bigotry is the DISCARDING OF EQUITY------a policy of compensation
to "palestinians" and not jews is the DISCARDING OF EQUITY It is not
a question of "RELIGION" it is a GROUP issue-----somewhat comparable to
race ---ETHNIC FAVORITISM

I agree that both Palestinians and Jews have the right to return but they are unrelated issues. The Palestinians had nothing to do with the Jewish problem and they should not be connected together.

Can anyone imagine Jews wanting to return to Arabs land? lol What a foolish comment. " Right of Return" is dead. Obama has actually stated it's out of the question. Even the U.N. and the Arab States aren't pushing for it. Let Abbas keep insisting :cuckoo:

It's not a foolish comment. They might not want to return but - most of them were forced to abandon property. They would be justified in pursuing some sort of compensation.

Coyote: "The only concession that really matters, and Israel refuses is settlement building. It's not just Abbas..."

where's, ...MBJ ? As of today, are there any illegal settlements in Israel ?

Under international law there are illegal settlements in occupied territory controlled by Israel.

i sure could use a refresher course.....

Easily accomplished. Google is your friend.:eusa_angel:

PTfinkmore. besides east jerusalem, what other areas are on the list of disputed areas-"illegal settlements" etc... ?

See above.

what about right now?

What about right now?

does israel have any construction equipment building on a swathe of land somewhere that falls into this 'disputed' category ?

Clarify please...I really don't have a clue what you are talking about....:confused:

I agree that both Palestinians and Jews have the right to return but they are unrelated issues. The Palestinians had nothing to do with the Jewish problem and they should not be connected together.

Can anyone imagine Jews wanting to return to Arabs land? lol What a foolish comment. " Right of Return" is dead. Obama has actually stated it's out of the question. Even the U.N. and the Arab States aren't pushing for it. Let Abbas keep insisting :cuckoo:

It's not a foolish comment. They might not want to return but - most of them were forced to abandon property. They would be justified in pursuing some sort of compensation.

Compensation is one thing; I agree with you there. However , the poster who claims that Jews have the " Right of Return" to Arab Land is making a Stupid foolish comment :cuckoo:

Compensation is one thing; I agree with you there. However , the poster who claims that Jews have the " Right of Return" to Arab Land is making a Stupid foolish comment :cuckoo:

They may want to but they do have that right, and that is important imo. They DO or SHOULD have that right.

Right of return is very complicated especially after all this time. I don't think it's realistic in many cases but doing what is just and fair requires some sort of recognition of what is right.

Pbel
7_4_2.gif
will be there too. You'll be glad to meet him.
flirty1-smiley.gif
He'll be the one in the pink tutu.
"Is he going to borrow yours??.........." :cool:

I bet there's alot of gay (male) muslims (who go to your mosque, and all those around the world, especially in...IRAN, yemen, Libya(lol) afghanistan, ETC...)
who would L
Heart_pumpin.gif
VE to put on a tutu....

2najq0h.gif

But it's not allowed
......it was on the news...did you see the story about the muslim transvestites (living in--pakistan--or one of those hellholes)...Fascinating.

according to your--notes--there's Sunniman, the "PATRIOTIC MUSLIM AMERICAN"(?) ok, my fellow american.
Smileytinyshower.gif

We both share the same planet, like to eat Hummus, pay our taxes....

...then there's the other "Sunniman" - the islamic Sunniman.

LATJOURNALISTINARABDRAG060607.jpg

kicktocurb.gif
quel artiste......great graphix, siree!!

but why cant straight guys wear tutus

here in india they are all the rage

they should be obligatory in all yeshivas and madrassas

nothing could be more ridiculous than the stoopid abrahamic fairy tales they teach, could it???

send them to india....the real chosen land of gods and goddesses here so they can learn a bit of truth

today is shiva ratri.....shiva is the god of sex drugs and rock n roll and my favourite hindu god

beats the hell out of stoopid jehovah and so called allah any day or night............

Last edited:
to answer the question----

"WHY DID ARAFART TURN DOWN......'"

anyone who attended to the issue of the 1967 war---as I did-----which was not hard at all----I simply kept PBS
on the TV screen for weeks----and listened with rapt interest
to the rantings of muslim diplomats----

It is simple----the muslims intended to destroy israel ---thru
attack, murder, pillage and rape----and claimed victory.

CRISIS IN THE MIDDLE EAST-----from mid may 1967---onwards----- nothing has changed. I had an advantage
back them-----receptive blank page mind
ara-fart is quoted as saying that if he had accepted this illusion of a so called deal he would be sleeping with rabin; i.e be assassinated

which he was....by polonium

and good rid dance too

rosie love...you are right as all ways...nothin changes in the stoopid backward infantile abrahamic world

whereas here in gods chosen country, india...... so so much is changin..not all for the best but quite a bit is real positive progress towards freedom of the heart, especially for those goddesses known as indian women.....i live with one known as my sister in law and am so so so so happy

israel the 94% stolen country is a zillion leagues retarded from what is here and taken for granted...................and the pals aint even in a league at all............yet

j0315807.gif
"...does israel have any construction equipment building on a swathe of land somewhere that falls into this 'disputed' category ??"

smiley_emoticons_lehrer.gif
"Clarify please...
confused-smiley-17424.gif
I really don't have a clue what you are talking about...."

Geez..
thsmiley_paperbag.gif
sorry I “ain't” joe-college, and I confused you…

Here’s what I mean. These new ….illegal settlements everyones talking about…what’s the story ? people are questioning it…

FoxNews
Huffington Post
CNN
USA Today
AlJazeero
Haaretz

“The Obama administration has tried to discourage construction in E-1, which would cut off East Jerusalem from surrounding Arab towns and further carve up the West Bank”

DEC 2012:

"The Israeli government has approved the construction of 3,000 new homes in illegal settlements in the occupied West Bank, less than 24 hours after the UN voted for Palestine to be upgraded to a non-member observer state, according to Israeli media reports.
The homes will be built both in East Jerusalem and the West Bank, but the government did not stipulate in which settlements.

According to a report in Haaretz, prime minister Binyamin Netanyahu also plans to "promote planning and construction" in the so-called E-1 area between Jerusalem and Ma'ale Adumim, a major settlement with nearly 40,000 inhabitants.

Hagit Ofran, who runs the Settlement Watch project at Peace Now, said the announcement would not mean immediate construction in the E-1 area. "There is no plan ready for implementation," she said. "In order to build, they must approve plans."
The Obama administration has tried to discourage construction in E-1, which would cut off East Jerusalem from surrounding Arab towns and further carve up the West Bank, already riven by Israeli settlements and military checkpoints.

The White House issued a brief statement on the announcement, which used largely the same language that the US has used for years in condemning Israeli settlement expansion.
"We reiterate our longstanding opposition to settlements and East Jerusalem construction and announcements," said Tommy Vietor, a White House spokesman. "We believe these actions are counterproductive and make it harder to resume direct negotiations or achieve a two-state solution."

The decision was made by Israel's "security cabinet," a forum of nine senior ministers led by Netanyahu.

Israel's government had threatened to approve further construction in the settlements as a possible response to Palestine's bid for recognition. The prime minister's office would not comment on whether the announcement was punishment for the UN vote.
Palestinian officials have anyway described it as a meaningless threat: Even before the bid, Netanyahu's government has been approved thousands of new settler homes each year."

Seriously, did i ask a stupid question………..’teacher..”

P.S.:

"i sure could use a refresher course....."

tinydancer: "Easily accomplished. Google is your friend"

Blech. Thank GOD almighty I/we/us….didn’t grow up in this disturbing internet world. “Google it”– lazy – ehhh, get up and go to the library and look it up…or pick up a “real book” you …..gadget addicted, robotic, “Googlers” of today.

..on the other hand – I have fun with it. It’s cool. Oh, but I’m so glad I didn’t grow up staring into a stupid computer………….
computerblow.gif

Forum List

Back