Why can't something good happen for a change?

Immanuel

Gold Member
May 15, 2007
LIfe sucks!

Nothing what so ever good has happened in the past three years and that has nothing to do with our current President, the economy or anything else. Hell, come to think of it, nothing good has happened in the last ten years for that matter.

Life just plain sucks these days.

No, I am not considering harming myself... I just wish there was something to celebrate for a change! Anyone have a cold beer they can pass me?

Immie

Saw a pretty girl in the park today.

The primroses are coming up.

My boy has a 3.2 gpa jr year. I never got that ever.

You look around, you can find lots of blessings.

Where are you looking?

I see plenty of good happening in the world.

Don't believe this temporary mental state, Immie.

Last edited:
LIfe sucks!

Nothing what so ever good has happened in the past three years and that has nothing to do with our current President, the economy or anything else. Hell, come to think of it, nothing good has happened in the last ten years for that matter.

No, I am not considering harming myself... I just wish there was something to celebrate for a change! Anyone have a cold beer they can pass me?

Immie

Compared to what? :dunno:

Just being born in "The West" circa 2012 you're among the richest 33% world-wide currently and among the top 20% of all humans.

Just being born a human makes one's potential for enlightenment greater than that of any of the other five realms of existence.

This is the first post I've done here that meet "right speech" criteria. It's true, it's necessary, and it's beneficial.

Yahoo.

Thanks, Immie

Last edited:
LIfe sucks!

Immie

Just being born in "The West" circa 2012 you're among the richest 33% world-wide currently and among the top 20% of all humans.

What does wealth have to do with anything?

Even Bill Gates can't buy an America that is not run by thieves. He can't buy a country where we consider each other brothers and sisters again instead of those "damned old conservatives" or those ('xcuse the French) "fucking progressives".

Hell, the way we treat each other, we may as well live in Afghanistan!

Immie

LIfe sucks!

Immie

Even Bill Gates can't buy an America that is not run by thieves. He can't buy a country where we consider each other brothers and sisters again instead of those "damned old conservatives" or those ('xcuse the French) "fucking progressives".

Immie

Think of how you treat others. Isn't that something to celebrate? If not, it can change.

But we don't.

You shouldn't make the perfect the enemy of the good.

You don't have to look for the clouds in the middle of the silver lining.

Immie

Think of how you treat others. Isn't that something to celebrate? If not, it can change.

To be honest, on days like today, I would rather not think about how I treat others.

Immie

Immie

To be honest, on days like today, I would rather not think about how I treat others.

Immie

Is there anywhere that God is not?

But we don't.

You shouldn't make the perfect the enemy of the good.

You don't have to look for the clouds in the middle of the silver lining.

Are you addressing me, or Immie?

I don't understand your post.

I was trying to figure it out too... Somewhere I think there is supposed to be a message for me, but I think I have missed it.

Immie

Immie's having a bad hair day.
(Immie, next time wear underwear, it helps keep the hair out of the zipper........ I know......)

It's ok. We all have them.

Sometimes all we have to do is turn toward that part and acknowledge it. Be friendly toward it. Keep it company.

LIfe sucks!

Immie

I'm simply not supposed to be around. Why my doctors are dying and I'm staying alive is beyond me.

And George Burns. :thup:

Do you do any volunteering?

Immie

Hopefully not in my head at the moment.

You know, I think back to 1976 when we celebrated the bi-centenial. I was a teenager then, and most likely blind to what was really going on in the world, but I remember that 4th of July (even remember where my family celebrated it) but it seemed to me that America was one back then.

As The Charlie Daniels Band said in the song "In America", "we might have done a little bit of fighting amongst ourselves, but you outsiders had better leave us alone".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kB7OR161-U]Charlie Daniels - Late 1970's - In America - YouTube[/ame]

I don't feel like we are in America anymore.

Immie

Last edited:
The list of good things I've seen:
  • California overturned Prop 8
  • Bono starts his [RED] campaign
  • We didn't die on Y2K
  • Steve Jobs revolutionize the music industry
  • We got a slight reprieve from Martha Stewart
  • The internet took off
  • Arab Spring
  • How I Met Your Mother
  • Saddam was "got"
  • We "got" Osama better
  • Now I can talk to everyone ass-naked, because texting is a gift from the gods
  • We saw one of Janet Jackson's breasticles at the Super Bowl
  • Wikipedia made finding sources for those pesky school papers eleventy billion times easier
  • None of my friends or family were killed in wars (I'm personally thankful here)
  • Significant inroads have been made to stop nuclear proliferation
  • BATMAN!

Immie

Hopefully not in my head at the moment.

You know, I think back to 1976 when we celebrated the bi-centenial. I was a teenager then, and most likely blind to what was really going on in the world, but I remember that 4th of July (even remember where my family celebrated it) but it seemed to me that America was one back then.

As The Charlie Daniels Band said in the song "In America", "we might have done some fighting amongst ourselves, but you outsiders had better leave us alone".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kB7OR161-U]Charlie Daniels - Late 1970's - In America - YouTube[/ame]

I don't feel like we are in America anymore.

Immie

I understand being discouraged. I feel let down by the President. I expected him to show some backbone and he's completely caved to corporate interests.

I certainly did not feel heartened by the '76 bicentennial. We live in different worlds politically Immie.

God is always in your heart. In Buddhism, we say the wrathful deities reside in the head and the peaceful ones in the heart.

Lead with your heart. It's what you usually do.

Immie's having a bad hair day.
(Immie, next time wear underwear, it helps keep the hair out of the zipper........ I know......)

You might have a point if

1) I had enough hair on the top of my head to have that kind of a bad hair day and

2) I wasn't wearing swim shorts without a fly. After all, I live in Florida, why do I need anything but shorts?

Immie

Forum List

Back