Why can't Republicans explain their "Fiscal Policy"?

R

rdean

I'm watching Michael Steele talk about Republican "fiscal policy". His only policy is "cut taxes". He said cutting taxes will lift people out of poverty.

No mention of education.

No mention of the job's bill Republicans blocked.

No mention of building up American infrastructure.

Just "cut taxes".

I hate to break it to him, if you don't have a job, you aren't worrying about "taxes".

So is that it? Cut taxes? Nothing else? If there is more, what is it?

I'm watching Michael Steele talk about Republican "fiscal policy". His only policy is "cut taxes". He said cutting taxes will lift people out of poverty.

No mention of education.

Just "cut taxes".

I hate to break it to him, if you don't have a job, you aren't worrying about "taxes".

That is their solution to every problem

Economy good? Cut taxes
Economy bad? Cut taxes
Need Jobs? Cut taxes
Reduce debt? Cut tasxes
Healthcare? Cut taxes

No mention of education.

Just "cut taxes".

That is their solution to every problem

Economy good? Cut taxes
Economy bad? Cut taxes
Need Jobs? Cut taxes
Reduce debt? Cut tasxes
Healthcare? Cut taxes
And they can never, ever show when decreasing taxes has helped in a bad economy. So they commission a study by the Congressional Research Service, a non partisan group, and then suppress the findings when the study is released. Because the study finds that tax decreases have no effect on economic growth. "In fact, the study found that higher tax rates for the wealthy are statistically associated with higher levels of growth."
Study: Tax Cuts for the Rich Don

So, the tax decrease "policy" is meant to make the gov smaller and put more $ in the back pocket of those with very high incomes. Because, after all, those very wealthy are the very ones who support the repubs. What a surprise.

And they can never, ever show when decreasing taxes has helped in a bad economy.

too stupid and perfectly 1000% liberal. Cutting taxes and so government always helps an economy because government bureaucrats do not invent products; so they can only waste our money.

We got huge economic growth from the stone age to here because the private sector used its hard earned money to invent new products.

No mention of education.

Just "cut taxes".

Michael who?

What is the Democrats' fiscal policy?
Oh yeah, spend, baby, spend!

No mention of education.

Just "cut taxes".

Michael who?

What is the Democrats' fiscal policy?
Oh yeah, spend, baby, spend!

Yes even when $16 trillion in debt headed to $50 trillion. Greece here we come!! Liberals are totally irresponsible.

Mebbe `cause the Dems can't explain theirs - payroll tax holiday ends for all wage earners...
:eusa_eh:
Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases
Sunday, January 6, 2013 - Sometimes, watching a Democrat learn something is wonderful, like seeing the family dog finally sit and stay at your command.
With President Obama back in office and his life-saving “fiscal cliff” bill jammed through Congress, the new year has brought a surprising turn of events for his sycophantic supporters. “What happened that my Social Security withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?” a poster wrote on the liberal site DemocraticUnderground.com. “My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease is gonna’ hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?”

Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.

So this week, as taxes went up for millions of Americans — which Republicans predicted throughout the campaign would happen — it was fun to watch the agoggery of the left. “I know to expect between $93 and $94 less in my paycheck on the 15th,” wrote the ironically named “RomneyLies.” “My boyfriend has had a lot of expenses and is feeling squeezed right now, and having his paycheck shrink really didn’t help,” wrote “DemocratToTheEnd.” “BlueIndyBlue” added: “Many of my friends didn’t realize it, either. Our payroll department didn’t do a good job of explaining the coming changes.”

So let’s explain something to our ill-informed Democratic friends. In 2009, Mr. Obama enacted a “holiday” on the payroll tax deduction from employees’ paychecks, dropping the rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent. But like the holidays, the drop ended, and like New Year‘s, the revelers woke up the next morning with a massive hangover and a pounding head.

Read more: CURL: Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases - Washington Times

Mebbe `cause the Dems can't explain theirs - payroll tax holiday ends for all wage earners...
:eusa_eh:
Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases
Sunday, January 6, 2013 - Sometimes, watching a Democrat learn something is wonderful, like seeing the family dog finally sit and stay at your command.
With President Obama back in office and his life-saving “fiscal cliff” bill jammed through Congress, the new year has brought a surprising turn of events for his sycophantic supporters. “What happened that my Social Security withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?” a poster wrote on the liberal site DemocraticUnderground.com. “My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease is gonna’ hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?”

Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.

So this week, as taxes went up for millions of Americans — which Republicans predicted throughout the campaign would happen — it was fun to watch the agoggery of the left. “I know to expect between $93 and $94 less in my paycheck on the 15th,” wrote the ironically named “RomneyLies.” “My boyfriend has had a lot of expenses and is feeling squeezed right now, and having his paycheck shrink really didn’t help,” wrote “DemocratToTheEnd.” “BlueIndyBlue” added: “Many of my friends didn’t realize it, either. Our payroll department didn’t do a good job of explaining the coming changes.”

So let’s explain something to our ill-informed Democratic friends. In 2009, Mr. Obama enacted a “holiday” on the payroll tax deduction from employees’ paychecks, dropping the rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent. But like the holidays, the drop ended, and like New Year‘s, the revelers woke up the next morning with a massive hangover and a pounding head.

Read more: CURL: Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases - Washington Times
Wow, waltky. The Washington Times. Nice. A really, really nut case con source. Lets vet this claim of tax increases caused by Obama.

If you actually go out and look on the web, useing IMPARTIAL sources, you will find all kinds of sources explaining that there was a small decrease in SS that had an end Jan 1. Obama requested that it be extended. Congress did not do so.

So, me boy, you are posting con dogma. Bullshit, in other words. Which is why you should NEVER use a source lie the Wn. Times, for christ sake, with out vetting the story carefully.

Here are the facts:
Social Security taxes had been 6.2 percent of gross pay since 1990 and they remained at 6.2 percent until 2011 when Congress and President Obama agreed to temporarily reduce the tax from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent as part of an economic stimulus package. The reduction in the tax rate shocked many and was the first time Social Security taxes had been reduced since 1968. The two percent reduction in tax wasn’t anything substantial, but it certainly made a difference for those scraping to get by and living from paycheck to paycheck.
Now, the honeymoon is over. The Social Security tax holiday is behind us and taxes are now back at their original 6.2 percent rate. This means that any American who pays Social Security taxes (i.e., almost every one of us) will witness a drop in net pay effective immediately.
Social Security taxes to increase in 2013 - Houston Finance | Examiner.com

Obama made overtures to continue the tax holiday, but got no takers in congress. Neither dems nor repubs had any interest. So, thanks a lot Congress. An actual stimulative tax cut has no interest to them, since it is to low income folks. Maybe because they do not finance politicians.

And the Libs solution for everything is spend....SPEND....SPEND....
Bozman, you are a poor ignorant con. Lets look:
You see, Bozman, most people may actually know that Reagan tried the republican plan, which was the same then as now. And it drove the unemployment rate up to 10.8%. Worst all time except for the great depression. Then, Reagan raised taxes 11 times, borrowed enough to triple the national debt, and used stimulus spending. And it worked.

And then, of course, we had W. He cut taxes heavily, and created fewer jobs than any president since the great depression started. And brought us the Great Republican Recession of 2008.

So, yeah, that tax cutting really works.

So, this pres has a jobs bill. And most people remember the Clinton admin, who used similar techniques to lower unemployment, create more jobs than any president ever, have a booming economy, and end up with a DEFICIT.

Here is what people think of the jobs bill:
But when the legislation's details are included in a follow-up question -- that it would cut payroll taxes, fund new road construction, extend unemployment benefits, and that it would be paid for by increasing taxes on the wealthy -- 63 percent say they favor the bill and 32 percent oppose it.
What's more, 64 percent of respondents agree with the statement that it is a "good idea" to raise taxes on the wealthy and corporations, because they should pay their fair share and can afford to pay more to help fund programs and government operations.
NBC/WSJ poll: Despite defeat, Obama's jobs bill is popular - First Read

So, the public by every poll, likes the Jobs Bill. But repubs have defeated it, and pieces of it, every time it has come up for a vote in Congress. Because, of course, that is what the minority leader in the senate said he would do.

Last edited:
You see, Bozman, most people may actually know that Reagan tried the republican plan, which was the same then as now.

too stupid as usual! Federal Reserve policy drove interest rates to 20%. What happened then had nothing to do with Reagan. Only a total liar would pretend otherwise.

For the longest time you thought you were being so profound about Reagan only to learn that you were tricking yourself out of desperation to finally win just only argument.

Are you ashamed of yourself. Would your mother be ashamed of your Nazi-like ego mania?

now, being mentally ill, ed is ok with himself. Being that ignorant would make a sane person kill himself. But ed is not sane. So he just keeps on. And it is not his fault. Just plain bad luck.

Now, relative to the subject of this thread, Republicans can define their fiscal policy. Low Taxes. Sounds good, and fits well on a bumper sticker. And they cons believe that saying low taxis is defining their policy.

Now, relative to the subject of this thread, Republicans can define their fiscal policy. Low Taxes. Sounds good, and fits well on a bumper sticker. And they cons believe that saying low taxis is defining their policy.

it defined our Founder's policy too!! What better way to strangle liberal government than cut off its blood supply. Would you be opposed to cutting off the blood supply to a cancerous tumor or to a liberal government??

Why do liberals treasonously oppose freedom from liberal government? Why did they spy for Stalin?? Why did Barry vote to the left of Bernie Sanders?

No mention of education.

Just "cut taxes".

Why would Steele bring up education when talking about the fiscal policy? Oblamas "jobs bill" was a freaking joke and he even joked about it himself when he said "the shovel ready jobs weren't exactly shovel ready" yuk yuk. Take a trip down interstate 95 and 81 and find all sorts of infrastructure repair going on. Government jobs do not grow the economy. They take confiscated taxpayer money , filter it through about a dozen federal bureaucracies and redistribute it. It's a zero sum gain. Republicans want to cut taxes, trim the bloated federal government, cut spending, increase energy exploration and ease up on the millions of federal regulations that impede private sector growth. What's Barry's plan? Increase taxes and hope things get better?

They take confiscated taxpayer money , filter it through about a dozen federal bureaucracies and redistribute it. It's a zero sum gain.

Great points but also please consider that it's less than a zero sum game when you consider that people who earn money spend it and invest it in sustainable ways to slowly and steadily grow the economy, while tax money is bubble money that churns the economy temporarily and then causes a recession when the bubble bursts or when the taxes stop coming.

Moreover, the Feds don't invent new products so the principle source of growth from the stone age to here is cut off in direct proportion to how much the liberals steal from the private economy and waste on temporary make-work .

No mention of education.

Just "cut taxes".

Why would Steele bring up education when talking about the fiscal policy? Oblamas "jobs bill" was a freaking joke and he even joked about it himself when he said "the shovel ready jobs weren't exactly shovel ready" yuk yuk. Take a trip down interstate 95 and 81 and find all sorts of infrastructure repair going on. Government jobs do not grow the economy. They take confiscated taxpayer money , filter it through about a dozen federal bureaucracies and redistribute it. It's a zero sum gain. Republicans want to cut taxes, trim the bloated federal government, cut spending, increase energy exploration and ease up on the millions of federal regulations that impede private sector growth. What's Barry's plan? Increase taxes and hope things get better?
Care to tell us when a tax decrease ever helped in the US during bad unemployment times, dipshit. I mean, you watched Steele. And Michael Steele. Could you ever in your life find a more prejudiced source? Nah, of course not. dipshit.

Forum List

Back