Why can't Public Assistance increase?

Ya know. I keep hearing from fake conservatives about how we spend too much on welfare. Welfare would cause taxes to raise. Poor people want to steal more of my money. Blah, blah, blah.

Some interesting statistics:

Finland spends 3.2% of its federal budget on public assistance.

Great Britain spends a little over 4.6%

Israel spends 2.4%

Norway spends a whopping 6.2%.

And the US? 0.7%. That's it.

So, why can't we just increase that to 2%? We can take that 2% away from our bloated military budget. It would still make us the Western nation that spends the least amount of money on their poor, but imagine the massive effect that would have on poverty in this country. And it wouldn't even cost the tax payers one. Red. Cent. more than they are paying, now. Because I'm not suggesting increasing the budget. I'm suggesting giving public assistance a slightly larger piece of the existing budget.

Why is that such an outrageous idea?

Welfare is epitomized by stability.

That's why there is a cap limit associated to a Welfare budget, or to any expenditure at all. That's why the concepts of welfare and expenditure (spending) are related in the way you have proposed by sharing your perception of alleged falsities (fake conservatives on excess) when actually they are yet forming regular communication. That's why your suggestion is or isn't continually met with the receiving and responding consent of Welfare providers.

Investors are being taxed on what their investment earns in profit, NOT what is invested.

Correct, but they are taking a risk on their investment. They don't have to take a risk with their wealth by leaving it in securities and municipal bonds. They will never lose their wealth... they may not gain much, but they don't need to... they are wealthy.

Therefore, in order to encourage risk taking with their wealth, we reduce the tax rates on their profits from investment. Increase those rates and watch the investment capital dry up. Happens every time.

There is no free market. Never has been and there will never be.

In the purist sense, you are correct. Just as there is no such thing as "absolute freedom" there is no such thing as "absolute free markets".

The idea behind our system is to encourage as much free market as humanly possible without interference from central federal government.

We ALL favor a certain degree of regulation. I don't want to get on an airplane not knowing if it's safe to fly. I don't want my drinking water contaminated or my air polluted with toxins. Free market capitalism, because it's a form of capitalism, requires a certain degree of regulation. No one is arguing against ALL regulation. And the presence of SOME regulation doesn't mean we don't have a free market system. Just as, some limitations on freedom doesn't mean we don't live in a free society.

What I believe is that we should significantly raise wages of all workers.

Okay... For the sake of argument, let's take your idea further.... Let's raise the mandatory federal minimum wage to $100 per hour. I think we can all agree that is a significant raise in wages... correct?

So tell me... Why is that a bad idea? :dunno: GO!

Raising the federal mandatory minimum to $17.00 would be fantastic, especially with the upcoming stock market downturn.

The better would be my $23.50/hr plan.

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2016 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 600 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2015 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce small business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 20%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

You said you pay your employees $23.50 but I'm yet to see any proof of that. Where is it?

If you think I'm going to post the name of my business or my name on the internet, that's not going to happen.

What I can tell you is how I did it. I purchased my suppliers letting other customers pay my bills, then transfer the savings to payroll.

If you can somehow show that can't be done then good luck to you.

If you think I'm going to believe you because you said it, you're a dumbass.

What that means is you haven't proven you do a damn thing except make baseless claims.

Unless you can prove you did it, it's all talk.

Your claim is dismissed for lack of PROOF.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.
Oh....so eliminate the free market and implement communism. Yeah...because centralized planning has been such a success around the world - Cuba, Cambodia, Ethiopia, U.S.S.R., Vietnam, etc. Idiot. :eusa_doh:

Regulation is what defines business and the middle class. If we had a free market we'd have a two class system such as those countries you listed.

All you're really saying is that much of our economy isn't free, and that's very true. Someone with your 'perspective' on economics could never succeed in a free market, and it's no surprise you are opposed it. But your little circle of delusion doesn't define reality.

Business and the middle class are defined by regulation. If we had a free market, neither would exist.
Idiots are defined by regulation (such as yourself). Man kind has thrived like no time in history under free markets. Sadly, regressive like yourself are trying to take us back to the stone age where everyone was ignorant (you libtards have destroyed public education), everyone was cold and hungry (you libtards are attempting to destroy energy), and everyone was under the control of a tyrant. Nice work idiot.

When has 'mankind' ever have a free market?

Public Education's issues are due to budgets being gutted by Republicans.

Investors are being taxed on what their investment earns in profit, NOT what is invested.

Correct, but they are taking a risk on their investment. They don't have to take a risk with their wealth by leaving it in securities and municipal bonds. They will never lose their wealth... they may not gain much, but they don't need to... they are wealthy.

Therefore, in order to encourage risk taking with their wealth, we reduce the tax rates on their profits from investment. Increase those rates and watch the investment capital dry up. Happens every time.

The risk on their investment is mitigated by a higher than normal ROI. Why we reduce taxes for those investments is just stupid.

When has investment capital ever dried up?

In the purist sense, you are correct. Just as there is no such thing as "absolute freedom" there is no such thing as "absolute free markets".

The idea behind our system is to encourage as much free market as humanly possible without interference from central federal government.

We ALL favor a certain degree of regulation. I don't want to get on an airplane not knowing if it's safe to fly. I don't want my drinking water contaminated or my air polluted with toxins. Free market capitalism, because it's a form of capitalism, requires a certain degree of regulation. No one is arguing against ALL regulation. And the presence of SOME regulation doesn't mean we don't have a free market system. Just as, some limitations on freedom doesn't mean we don't live in a free society.

How can you have free market when you have leaders in each segment of commerce within those sectors dictating the price?

What I believe is that we should significantly raise wages of all workers.

Okay... For the sake of argument, let's take your idea further.... Let's raise the mandatory federal minimum wage to $100 per hour. I think we can all agree that is a significant raise in wages... correct?

Raising the federal mandatory minimum to $17.00 would be fantastic, especially with the upcoming stock market downturn.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2016 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 600 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2015 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce small business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 20%-30% drop.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

You said you pay your employees $23.50 but I'm yet to see any proof of that. Where is it?

If you think I'm going to post the name of my business or my name on the internet, that's not going to happen.

What I can tell you is how I did it. I purchased my suppliers letting other customers pay my bills, then transfer the savings to payroll.

What that means is you haven't proven you do a damn thing except make baseless claims.

Your bloviating shows me that you can't answer my post. IOW, a conservative freak show.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Your bloviating shows me that you can't answer my post. IOW, a conservative freak show.

Your failure to provide proof of your claim shows me you don't do what you say. IOW, ANOTHER lying Liberal piece of shit.

There's nothing in your post I need to answer. There is, however, a claim in yours that you haven't proven only something you've stated that you expect the rest of us to believe because you say it.

It's easy. NO proof, INVALID claim.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Your failure to provide proof of your claim shows me you don't do what you say. IOW, ANOTHER lying Liberal piece of shit.

There's nothing in your post I need to answer. There is, however, a claim in yours that you haven't proven only something you've stated that you expect the rest of us to believe because you say it.

More conservative freak show bloviating.

Why would anyone in their right mind merge a business into personal tax returns?

Because that's how EVERY small business files taxes in America.

Two reasons why you should NEVER mingle personal and business accounting;

1. You lose some very notable deductions.
2. You place any possible future liability that may occur directly on personal assets.

I never said you mingle accounting. It's how small business pays their taxes. There is not a separate tax return and tax code for small businesses. A corporation may do this but every small business in America files as an individual on a 1040 standard tax return.

More conservative freak show bloviating.

More baseless claims from a Liberal liar. You haven't provided one ounce of proof of your claim. You even said you weren't going to yet you think I am the problem. Either you can provide proof because it exists or you can't because it doesn't.

On what planet isn't it increasing? There hasn't been a single budget in almost a century where it hasn't increased. Oddly enough people are poorer now than ever.

When you subsidize laziness and acceptance of poverty, you get what you pay for.

A little less crime? The poor are not going to simply lie down and die for you.

Actually when push comes to shove, most poor will try to improve themselves if given enough stimulus. Look at how this country was improved via immigration from the late 1800's to the early 1900's. Do you think it was rich people hopping on ships for months at a time to make a better life for themselves?

Oh....so eliminate the free market and implement communism. Yeah...because centralized planning has been such a success around the world - Cuba, Cambodia, Ethiopia, U.S.S.R., Vietnam, etc. Idiot. :eusa_doh:

Regulation is what defines business and the middle class. If we had a free market we'd have a two class system such as those countries you listed.

All you're really saying is that much of our economy isn't free, and that's very true. Someone with your 'perspective' on economics could never succeed in a free market, and it's no surprise you are opposed it. But your little circle of delusion doesn't define reality.

Business and the middle class are defined by regulation. If we had a free market, neither would exist.
That statement is moronic, even by your standards. And THAT is saying something.

Idiots are defined by regulation (such as yourself). Man kind has thrived like no time in history under free markets. Sadly, regressive like yourself are trying to take us back to the stone age where everyone was ignorant (you libtards have destroyed public education), everyone was cold and hungry (you libtards are attempting to destroy energy), and everyone was under the control of a tyrant. Nice work idiot.

When has 'mankind' ever have a free market?

Public Education's issues are due to budgets being gutted by Republicans.
Horse shit. Note that the school systems that spend the MOST are often the WORST!

When you subsidize laziness and acceptance of poverty, you get what you pay for.

A little less crime? The poor are not going to simply lie down and die for you.

Actually when push comes to shove, most poor will try to improve themselves if given enough stimulus. Look at how this country was improved via immigration from the late 1800's to the early 1900's. Do you think it was rich people hopping on ships for months at a time to make a better life for themselves?

Excellent point but you shouldn't confuse the dunderheads by using the word "stimulus" here... Motivation is a better word.

It should be pointed out, all these poor immigrants who came from Europe with virtually nothing to their name, didn't have a government safety net, didn't have minimum wage, didn't have social welfare programs. Somehow, they survived.. not only did they survive, they built the most powerful nation to ever exist. How did that happen?

Well, they didn't have a choice. They had to work to feed themselves. The efforts of their production is what built the nation. But not only did it build a great nation, it built great character. It's amazing how this very important detail is lost on today's progressive.

I was watching the Democrat convention and listening to Hillary's speech. She mentioned growing up and conveyed a story from her childhood where she had worn ribbons in her hair to school or something and the kids had bullied her. She went home crying to her mother who told her, "there are no cowards in this family!" She sent her right back to school the next day.

Now.... today's progressive would accuse Hillary's mom of child abuse! They would be lobbying for some kind of protection from the bullies... some sort of "safe space" for poor little bullied Hillary. So the very thing that helped to build the character in Hillary to make her qualified to be the leader of her party is the thing they want to eliminate. It's total blind hypocrisy.

Some will undoubtedly interpret this as Boss advocating bullying.. that's not my point. We are often faced with obstacles and adversity in life and that helps to build our character as individuals. Coddling and protecting, insulating people from these kinds of experiences, is not helping to build character. The same can be said for the endless entitlements and welfare programs... it's not "helping" anyone.. it's teaching people to be dependent and rely on others to take care of them.

Forum List

Back