Why can't people just be honest about religion?

Oh goody, goody... Another OP to bash religion. If you don't believe in religion, why do you spend so much time bashing it? Seems like you'd have better things to do with your time.

Name one that is and we can go from there. Keep in mind, you need to support your position with facts or you are just perpetuating delusional thinking.

Ahem. As I stated previously, ALL religions are dishonest. That, by definition, names them all. Your turn.

Ok. No religion is dishonest. Your turn.
A great many religions are dishonest. A great many make spectacular claims to miracles which never occurred; claims to rewards (carnal rewards and a version of everlasting life) in some asserted supernatural realm in exchange for unthinking allegiance and a financial commitment to the belief system; claims to supernatural events in the future which are utterly contradictory to natural laws, etc.

So yes, most religions are dishonest to the core.

You have evidence to back this up?
I gave you the evidence. Pay attention.

No. You just made a claim.

Ahem. As I stated previously, ALL religions are dishonest. That, by definition, names them all. Your turn.

A great many religions are dishonest. A great many make spectacular claims to miracles which never occurred; claims to rewards (carnal rewards and a version of everlasting life) in some asserted supernatural realm in exchange for unthinking allegiance and a financial commitment to the belief system; claims to supernatural events in the future which are utterly contradictory to natural laws, etc.

No. I gave you evidence and you're too befuddled to respond.

No. I think the problem is you don't understand what the words "evidence" or "dishonest" mean. What you wrote is right up above and there is not a single piece of evidence in it. You seem to be saying they got a lot of the details wrong. You get details wrong all of the time but I don't think you are dishonest.

No. I think the problem is you don't understand what the words "evidence" or "dishonest" mean. What you wrote is right up above and there is not a single piece of evidence in it. You seem to be saying they got a lot of the details wrong. You get details wrong all of the time but I don't think you are dishonest.
Backstroke. You should consider joining the Olympic swim team.

But yeah, continue to sidestep, dodge and waffle in the face of the evidence I gave you. It's what you do. Do your best to avoid addressing the salient points. That is dishonest.

Atheism is not a 'moral' position, it is simply not holding a theistic belief in a god. It would help if people understood that not holding a belief in a god is just that.

Atheism is lose

Atheism is the default position. As such, there is nothing to lose.

Atheism is conscious and willful choice to reject God and belief in God.

No sir it is not. Atheism is simply a disbelief in the supernatural. We aren't born believing in the supernatural. We are indoctrinated to believe it.

Atheism is not a 'moral' position, it is simply not holding a theistic belief in a god. It would help if people understood that not holding a belief in a god is just that.

Atheism is lose

No sir it is not. Atheism is simply a disbelief in the supernatural. We aren't born believing in the supernatural. We are indoctrinated to believe it.

Atheism is conscious and willful choice to reject God.

L
So because you don't understand the religions of others they are being dishonest?

that is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard

All religions, without exception, are dishonest because they perpetuate delusional thinking for the purpose of control.

Rubbish.

Name one that isn't.

Who said this: I teach them correct principles and they govern themselves?

At least attempt to have a clue. :banana:

Atheism is lose

On the contrary, religion is a conscious choice to delude oneself into believing the impossible. Atheism is acceptance of reality for what it is.

Atheism is lose

On the contrary, religion is a conscious choice to delude oneself into believing the impossible. Atheism is acceptance of reality for what it is.
No sir, it is not. Any lower life form can live life without the intellectual capacity to consider a Deity.

Intellect and rational thought questions existence and formulates speculation on possibilities.

Atheism is simply not a rational response to life.

L
So because you don't understand the religions of others they are being dishonest?

that is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard

All religions, without exception, are dishonest because they perpetuate delusional thinking for the purpose of control.

Rubbish.

Name one that isn't.

Who said this: I teach them correct principles and they govern themselves?

At least attempt to have a clue. :banana:

How does that refute my statement?

No sir, it is not. Any lower life form can live life without the intellectual capacity to consider a Deity.

Intellect and rational thought questions existence and formulates speculation on possibilities.

You have that confused. Atheism is the entirely rational conclusion that the various gawds you have been indoctrinated with do not exist.

Considering the facts and the probabilities, Atheism is the ONLY reasonable response to life.

You have that confused. Atheism is the entirely rational conclusion that the various gawds you have been indoctrinated with do not exist.
In fact, I don't. But then, I also do go about claiming that primates are rational either. It takes no intelligence at all to think there is no God.

Forum List

Back