Why can't people just be honest about religion?

So because you don't understand the religions of others they are being dishonest?

that is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard

All religions, without exception, are dishonest because they perpetuate delusional thinking for the purpose of control.

How do you feel about deception being sanctioned and licensed by the state under the guise of religion and delusional thinking being taught to children whose minds are considered too young and impressionable to see nipples on the television?

Could you be more specific?

So because you don't understand the religions of others they are being dishonest?

All religions, without exception, are dishonest because they perpetuate delusional thinking for the purpose of control.
This is the singular most dishonest post I've seen in a long while, and on a board full of liberals, that's saying something.

Is it? I think you should more carefully think about your response before posting.

Rubbish.

Name one that isn't.

Name one that is and we can go from there. Keep in mind, you need to support your position with facts or you are just perpetuating delusional thinking.

Rubbish.

Name one that isn't.

Name one that is and we can go from there. Keep in mind, you need to support your position with facts or you are just perpetuating delusional thinking.

Ahem. As I stated previously, ALL religions are dishonest. That, by definition, names them all. Your turn.

How do you feel about deception being sanctioned and licensed by the state under the guise of religion and delusional thinking being taught to children whose minds are considered too young and impressionable to see nipples on the television?

Could you be more specific?

Yes. What could be more confusing and detrimental to the developing mind than to be taught to believe in things such as invisible demonic entities, eternal damnation, original sin, guilt and shame for having thoughts, being human, etc., yet any two bit charlatan can be licensed by the state to deceive anyone however young with any kind of pseudo religious flotsam while at the same time another government agency deems it inappropriate and too potentially damaging for a developing mind to see a naked body in a movie?

Why is it OK to perpetuate delusional thinking in children who do not yet know the difference between what is possible and impossible when such beliefs can potentially fuck up their minds for their entire lives?

Its illegal to make false claims in advertising but making false religious claims is fine and even admired?

Is it any wonder the world is full of confused people with psychological issues?

Rubbish.

Name one that isn't.

Ahem. As I stated previously, ALL religions are dishonest. That, by definition, names them all. Your turn.
I have my own religion so this might not count. I believe the KJV of the Old Testament is the word of God. How is my religion dishonest?

Rubbish.

Name one that isn't.

I have my own religion so this might not count. I believe the KJV of the Old Testament is the word of God. How is my religion dishonest?

If you have read the KJV and haven't yet figured it out, I am not likely to be able to help you. Sorry about that.

If you have read the KJV and haven't yet figured it out, I am not likely to be able to help you. Sorry about that.
IOW, IDK

Name one that isn't.

IOW, IDK

The King James version contains largely the same fables as every other version, fables that a lot of people believe to be real events (I.e., the great flood, the genesis version of creation, etc.), events that are not based on any verifiable facts in existence today. And yet, people take them to be true. Figure it out.

Don't just be plain fucking stupid. How is my believing in the OT dishonest?

Name one that isn't.

Don't just be plain fucking stupid. How is my believing in the OT dishonest?

I didn't say you were dishonest. I said that all religions are dishonest. Please remember this as I hate repeating myself.

Rubbish.

Name one that isn't.

Ok. No religion is dishonest. Your turn.

Damn, I sure miss those halcyon days of my youth 45 years ago when it was me who was the teenager high on weed thinking that every stray thought that entered my head was sheer profundity.

Rubbish.

Name one that isn't.

A great many religions are dishonest. A great many make spectacular claims to miracles which never occurred; claims to rewards (carnal rewards and a version of everlasting life) in some asserted supernatural realm in exchange for unthinking allegiance and a financial commitment to the belief system; claims to supernatural events in the future which are utterly contradictory to natural laws, etc.

So yes, most religions are dishonest to the core.

A great many religions are dishonest. A great many make spectacular claims to miracles which never occurred; claims to rewards (carnal rewards and a version of everlasting life) in some asserted supernatural realm in exchange for unthinking allegiance and a financial commitment to the belief system; claims to supernatural events in the future which are utterly contradictory to natural laws, etc.

You have evidence to back this up?

Name one that isn't.

You have evidence to back this up?
I gave you the evidence. Pay attention.

Forum List

Back