why bush won the election

padisha emperor said:
oooops, sorry, i forgot the main word : JAPAN.

Japanese victories against Russia, Germany, China...before P-H

sorry again.

Are you talking about the Russian navy, which had sailed from the Atlantic and arrived just in time for bad weather and was defeated in the straights between Japan and Korea?

I don't know what this has to do with our conversation. You were saying that fighting Islamic terrorists pro-actively would inevitably lead to killing one and spawning many more in the process. Which I asked you to refer back to the 80's film, 'Gremlims', which as you may or may not recall involved the spawning of additional Gremlims upon submerging one into the water.

Of course, such a plot is reserved for the most juvenille mentality of drama.

I was saying that your approach on the war on terror compares to a frightened teenager in the theater while watching such a movie.

As an adult, you would be prepared to offer an alternative to fighting terror, instead of projecting the fear your media has already prepared you to react with once this very real and dangerous subject arises in your thoughts.

Comrade said:
Are you talking about the Russian navy, which had sailed from the Atlantic and arrived just in time for bad weather and was defeated in the straights between Japan and Korea?

I don't know what this has to do with our conversation. You were saying that fighting Islamic terrorists pro-actively would inevitably lead to killing one and spawning many more in the process. Which I asked you to refer back to the 80's film, 'Gremlims', which as you may or may not recall involved the spawning of additional Gremlims upon submerging one into the water.

Of course, such a plot is reserved for the most juvenille mentality of drama.

I was saying that your approach on the war on terror compares to a frightened teenager in the theater while watching such a movie.

As an adult, you would be prepared to offer an alternative to fighting terror, instead of projecting the fear your media has already prepared you to react with once this very real and dangerous subject arises in your thoughts.

I wouldn't presume to speak for PE, but my take; his post was to demonstrate the superiority of the French school system. There seems an assumption, condescending of course, that we are all clueless to anything remotely removed from our shores. :rolleyes: He did mess up forgetting about Japan, even if you had been the clueless wonder he was hoping for. Which you are not...

Don't speak for me Kathianne, above all hwen you're wonrg.

I said to Comrdae that the knowledge of the ancient history was necessary to know the actual situation, to understand why these folk don't like this one, or why the situation in this zone is like that....

And to show it, I took the example of the Japan situation, that you have to know Tsushima, Moukden, Port arthur, war against Germany, China, Korae, and the US attitudse, to understand Pearl Harbor.

But you can also take the german defeat of WWI, the Versailles treaty, the 1929 crisis, etc.... for the IIIrd Reich's rise.

No condescendance here, stop to see what you want when it isn't here....

(Comrade, for the 11/27/42, I didn't think to that ;) )

padisha emperor said:
Don't speak for me Kathianne, above all hwen you're wonrg.

I said to Comrdae that the knowledge of the ancient history was necessary to know the actual situation, to understand why these folk don't like this one, or why the situation in this zone is like that....

And to show it, I took the example of the Japan situation, that you have to know Tsushima, Moukden, Port arthur, war against Germany, China, Korae, and the US attitudse, to understand Pearl Harbor.

But you can also take the german defeat of WWI, the Versailles treaty, the 1929 crisis, etc.... for the IIIrd Reich's rise.

No condescendance here, stop to see what you want when it isn't here....

(Comrade, for the 11/27/42, I didn't think to that ;) )

Kathianne said:
I wouldn't presume to speak for PE, but my take
You really do need to READ! You keep throwing up questions about dates, battles, etc. with notice of no googling, etc. Totally missing the point that very little can be gleaned if you haven't a clue of what you are looking for.

Your assumption that you are a bright light, bringing truth and knowledge to us heathen colonies, well you are a joke! whine, whine, whine. :baby4:

Your assumption that you are a bright light, bringing truth and knowledge to us heathen colonies, well you are a joke! whine, whine, whine.

oh yes, and I forgot my colonial helmet, no ?

tsssssss... :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

For the "not googling", comarde said twice that he know perfectly the western history, about what I had doubts, when I look his preception of France history. Comarde certainly well know US history, and also certainly UK's one, becasue USA are crazy about it, but france, i have doubts, when I see his posts.

with notice of no googling

since how many times do the USA what people say to them ? Since how many time do they follow advices ?
:D

padisha emperor said:
oh yes, and I forgot my colonial helmet, no ?

tsssssss... :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

For the "not googling", comarde said twice that he know perfectly the western history, about what I had doubts, when I look his preception of France history. Comarde certainly well know US history, and also certainly UK's one, becasue USA are crazy about it, but france, i have doubts, when I see his posts.

since how many times do the USA what people say to them ? Since how many time do they follow advices ?
:D

Not I, it's much better to have something that people can deal with, instead of misty recollections and wishful thinking.

About the helmet...Do they make one big enough? :scratch:

imgres

yes it will be enough ;)

padisha emperor said:
What do you mean ?
sorry, I understand the words - I believe - but I'm not sure to well understand your meaning.

It's like this, we all learn basic info in school. If you say a 'name' I'll know it, but for the life of me I cannot provide the 'particulars.' I'd rather have someone recollect their thoughts by gathering some info, than have them make 'statements' much less their version of 'facts,' based on their 'misty recollections.'

If you cannot give me a date of Charlemagne's birth or last battle or first battle or whatever, that doesn't mean you don't understand his significance to history. That's what I was trying to say.

allright, and here I agree with you.

Of course, if somebody know the date of Iena, it wouldn't givve to him the comprehension of the period.

Totally agree with you.

If i asked Comrade about the date, it was not in this aim, about the comprehension of the History.
it was only to "test" him - I know it it childish - becasue I had doubts about his "great knowledge" about Europe and France history.

For the comprehension, if people ignore tha date but know the facts, it is better of course;

padisha emperor said:

What were the French/British attitudes towards the rise of nationalism and independance movements in the ME between the turn of the century and 1954? How does that coincide with anti-west/jewish attitudes of mid-easterners today? Pick anything anything you want from those 40 yrs, you can also go back farther if you want. You might agree that comparisions drawn from that part of the world, during that time, would help paint a better picture of the environment today, eh?

You might agree that comparisions drawn from that part of the world, during that time, would help paint a better picture of the environment today, eh?

I agree with this, yes.

For the Sudan, for an example. You can't understand the Darfour without a knowledge of the civil war from 56 to 2005, without the racism between the ethnies.................

padisha emperor said:
I agree with this, yes.

For the Sudan, for an example. You can't understand the Darfour without a knowledge of the civil war from 56 to 2005, without the racism between the ethnies.................

Who are you, and what have you done with the real PE! :eek:

padisha emperor said:
allright, and here I agree with you.

Of course, if somebody know the date of Iena, it wouldn't givve to him the comprehension of the period.

Totally agree with you.

If i asked Comrade about the date, it was not in this aim, about the comprehension of the History.
it was only to "test" him - I know it it childish - becasue I had doubts about his "great knowledge" about Europe and France history.

It's a childish thing to do because the question is so non-specific and meaningless to the volume of unanswered questions you've left on the table.

And if I get it right is the event proof that all your opinion on the world are now correct? I probably know some obsure dates, and I could spit it out expecting of course you would get it wrong... so would I win the argument?
I mean come on, sheesh.

And if you asked me approximately what the battlefront looked like on all sides, I could draw it for you from memory. But as for this specific date I'm unsure what your looking for ... maybe of what importance that date had to France? Perhaps a declaration from the Free French as a restored country, like to assist in the battle on the side of the allies again? I know they had relatively little to offer of material assistance, compared to the other forces in the field. And any deeds of the French at that time were limited to piecing their country back together.

Comrade said:
It's a childish thing to do because the question is so non-specific and meaningless to the volume of unanswered questions you've left on the table.

And if I get it right is the event proof that all your opinion on the world are now correct? I probably know some obsure dates, and I could spit it out expecting of course you would get it wrong... so would I win the argument?
I mean come on, sheesh.

And if you asked me approximately what the battlefront looked like on all sides, I could draw it for you from memory. But as for this specific date I'm unsure what your looking for ... maybe of what importance that date had to France? Perhaps a declaration from the Free French as a restored country, like to assist in the battle on the side of the allies again? I know they had relatively little to offer of material assistance, compared to the other forces in the field. And any deeds of the French at that time were limited to piecing their country back together.

You're welcome! LOL It was not easy getting that you know! :rock:

Okay I looked it up and still can't find this 'important' date.

I only found one for 1967:

November 27th in History
1582: William Shakespeare aged 18, marries Anne Hathaway
1967: President of France, General Charles de Gaulle, refuses British entry to the Common Market

LOL! The French were already backstabbing the allies again, I see! :teeth:

Ahh, now I found it:

In Vichy France... The German 2nd Panzer Corps occupies Toulon, but the French fleet is scuttled by order of Admiral Labrode before it can fall into German hands. Three battleships, seven cruisers and 62 other craft including 16 submarines go down.

Certainly no great 'battle victory' nor even as important to the war as the British action taken on the French fleet at Oran in July 1940.

And its the French who put the allies in this position by refusing to base their fleet in nuetral harbors, let alone sail out from France to assist the allies directly in the dire time of the early 40's when this fleet was significantly important. By 1942, this was a mere sideshow of dated tin cans which could be dispatched with concentrated air strikes. The fact that the French government chose to put the allies at such risk by jealously hoarding these vessels for the sake of the Germans, made this scuttling necessary, but by that time it was well after the tides of war had already shifted solidly in favour of the Allies.

Zut Alors, ze Allies are winning! Oui, we will now sink our fleet! See look, we are now your friends, Monseurs Churchill and Roosevelt!
:gives:

Comrade said:
Ahh, now I found it:

In Vichy France... The German 2nd Panzer Corps occupies Toulon, but the French fleet is scuttled by order of Admiral Labrode before it can fall into German hands. Three battleships, seven cruisers and 62 other craft including 16 submarines go down.

Certainly no great 'battle victory' nor even as important to the war as the British action taken on the French fleet at Oran in July 1940.

And its the French who put the allies in this position by refusing to base their fleet in nuetral harbors, let alone sail out from France to assist the allies directly in the dire time of the early 40's when this fleet was significantly important. By 1942, this was a mere sideshow of dated tin cans which could be dispatched with concentrated air strikes. The fact that the French government chose to put the allies at such risk by jealously hoarding these vessels for the sake of the Germans, made this scuttling necessary, but by that time it was well after the tides of war had already shifted solidly in favour of the Allies.

Zut Alors, ze Allies are winning! Oui, we will now sink our fleet! See look, we are now your friends, Monseurs Churchill and Roosevelt!
:gives:
Comrade here,s part of my local history you might enjoy.Even our women kicked France,s arse http://www.greengold.com.au/gilbert/Samuel Gilbert/chapter4.htm

Forum List

Back