Why atheist Jews are not Jews by David Silverman.

How could you convert when your an atheist. You did not listen to his talk you would see the reality of it.

That is not true. Judaism is no different. When a RC your one for life as well and to get married as a RC you must agree to bring your kids up as RC.

No difference, and atheist RC is just a atheist.

Lets see a Jew lady marries a RC man and they raise kids RC but the kids would still be a Jew, really how ridiculous.

The thing about that is the mother raises the kids and she is to pass on her faith to them. That is it. There is nothing special about Judaism, its just a religion with rituals like every other religion.

every religion is the same? sheeeesh----tell that one to the pope? ---
All legal systems are the same, too??? ------one of the elements of behavior
I have learned-----since early childhood-----is---never describe the harmless
rituals and rules of other religions as "ridiculous" or, in fact, customs of
various cultures ----doing so is rude and vulgar. My very early intro to islam
included -----"there are some crazy people in Pakistan who beat themselves and put cuts in their own scalps"-----I was young and so accustomed to being a guest in churches where lots seemed odd to me------that my answer was "they have a right to their culture"----------sheeeesh----I miss the good old days-----those flower child days of my youth. Does it really bother you that according to jewish law
the child of a jewish mother is considered a jew? try not to lose sleep over it.
days

How could you convert when your an atheist. You did not listen to his talk you would see the reality of it.

That is not true. Judaism is no different. When a RC your one for life as well and to get married as a RC you must agree to bring your kids up as RC.

Lets see a Jew lady marries a RC man and they raise kids RC but the kids would still be a Jew, really how ridiculous.

The thing about that is the mother raises the kids and she is to pass on her faith to them. That is it. There is nothing special about Judaism, its just a religion with rituals like every other religion.

Can you convert from being born to a cetrain mother?

That's the true meaning of being a Jew. It doesn't matter, the guy can tell 100 times and over he's athe4ist, if he's born to a Jewish woman he's a Jew, period.

So please, just stfu, you embarrass yourself.

I'm going to try and help you , there is no such thing as jewish blood, do you know who Arthur Ruppin was?

did someone suggest that there is "jewish blood"-----in the sense of the
blood of a jew being different from the blood of-------uhm-----a Taoist?
People use the term "blood"------ as a kind of poetic allusion ---a symbol of
"ESSENCE OF HUMAN SPIRIT"--------try to cope----it's POETRY. Do you
know the term "concrete thinking"??

included -----"there are some crazy people in Pakistan who beat themselves and put cuts in their own scalps"-----I was young and so accustomed to being a guest in churches where lots seemed odd to me------that my answer was "they have a right to their culture"----------sheeeesh----I miss the good old days-----those flower child days of my youth. Does it really bother you that according to jewish law
the child of a jewish mother is considered a jew? try not to lose sleep over it.
days

No it is not, try to grasp that. Now do you know who Arthur Ruppin was?

days

No it is not, try to grasp that. Now do you know who Arthur Ruppin was?

"NO" what "is not" ??? "try to grasp" what? what does Arthur Ruppin have to do with jewish law? He did not invent it. It seems to me that he thought about it

That's the true meaning of being a Jew. It doesn't matter, the guy can tell 100 times and over he's athe4ist, if he's born to a Jewish woman he's a Jew, period.

I'm going to try and help you , there is no such thing as jewish blood, do you know who Arthur Ruppin was?

Didn't say anything about Jewish blood. I simply said that you cannot change the womb that carried you for 9 months.

Here is what the father of Zionism said:

Ruppin arrives at the sound conclusion that “with regards to race, no clear line can be drawn between the Jews and the non-Jews. There are no racial characteristics peculiar to Jews only.” He also shows that the differences in mentality between Jews and non-Jews are “neither fundamental nor constant.”

“Emigration can at the almost remove from Eastern Europe thirty to forty thousand Jews a year, i. e. only one-third of their natural increase.”

In other words, even with intense emigration there will remain more Jews in that region year by year. However, his statement to the effect that:

“It is an open question whether under these conditions the economic conditions of the Jews in Eastern Europe, and especially in Poland-which in the last fifty years emigration alone has rendered tolerable-can be preserved from catastrophic collapse.” is rather a far cry. The national and racial madness observed at present in Germany and threatened in the wild Fascist movements in neighboring countries can not last long. Why not trust the trend of economic changes at present going on all over the world, especially in Eastern Europe, to take care of the Jews as well as their hosts? Has this not happened in Russia?

Arthur Ruppin s Authoritative the Jews in the Modern World Jewish Telegraphic Agency

Yes being born of a Jewish mother =Jewish

Didn't say anything about Jewish blood. I simply said that you cannot change the womb that carried you for 9 months.

Lipush----meet Penelope-----the "knows" all about that which jews "think"
You may not know----there is an extensive literature about jews in the USA.
Much of it was written in the USA and some of it in countries like Germany,
and Egypt and Syria-----so it is translated and published here. I read the stuff
as a child --------I lived in a part of the USA which was virtually famous for
people who KNOW what jews think.-----and who wrote about it dating as far
back as the 1800s. Their brilliant writings used to be "all over the place" in
my town in old pamphlets---both domestic stuff and imported stuff. Now the internet is full of the stuff-----so she has
SOURCES for insight-----google LASHA DARKMOON-----but not if you have
just eaten

No it does not.

Here is what the father of Zionism said:

Ruppin arrives at the sound conclusion that “with regards to race, no clear line can be drawn between the Jews and the non-Jews. There are no racial characteristics peculiar to Jews only.” He also shows that the differences in mentality between Jews and non-Jews are “neither fundamental nor constant.”

“Emigration can at the almost remove from Eastern Europe thirty to forty thousand Jews a year, i. e. only one-third of their natural increase.”

In other words, even with intense emigration there will remain more Jews in that region year by year. However, his statement to the effect that:

“It is an open question whether under these conditions the economic conditions of the Jews in Eastern Europe, and especially in Poland-which in the last fifty years emigration alone has rendered tolerable-can be preserved from catastrophic collapse.” is rather a far cry. The national and racial madness observed at present in Germany and threatened in the wild Fascist movements in neighboring countries can not last long. Why not trust the trend of economic changes at present going on all over the world, especially in Eastern Europe, to take care of the Jews as well as their hosts? Has this not happened in Russia?

Arthur Ruppin s Authoritative the Jews in the Modern World Jewish Telegraphic Agency

yeah? so? do you understand what you just read and when it was
written. what is your point? Are you familiar with the branch of
study called SOCIOLOGY? did you graduate high school? in my
grammar school and junior high school-----History class was called
"SOCIAL STUDIES"---------the class included issues of SOCIOLOGY

and Egypt and Syria-----so it is translated and published here. I read the stuff
my town in old pamphlets---both domestic stuff and imported stuff. Now the internet is full of the stuff-----so she has
just eaten

REally post #27 if from a jewish source, I am merely trying to educate you.

"FATHER OF ZIONISM" --------when did ruppin get that title----I thought
you guys liked to cite------HERZL (????)

just eaten

REally post #27 if from a jewish source, I am merely trying to educate you.

you are trying to educate me?-------in what field of study?-------a "jewish source"???? so? I am a jewish source too. Gee----you seem
to imagine JEWS ARE MAGICAL. it is a fact that HOUDINI was a jew----
so maybe you are right------jews are MAGICAL

No it does not.

yes it does-------according to jewish law and custom----a baby born of a jewish
mother is considered a jew. Penelope do you understand what the terms
LAW and CUSTOM mean? human societies have LAWS and CUSTOMS. Sociology is the science of the laws and customs of -------
various HUMAN SOCIETIES. According to jewish law and custom------
a person born a jew-----stays a jew for life in that if he decides to give up
that identity-----he can RETURN to it without having to "convert" according to
(DRUM ROLL) the SANHEDRIN
In the USA we also have laws and customs-----people can identify with a few
different social systems simultaneously

No it does not.

LAW and CUSTOM mean? human societies have LAWS and CUSTOMS. Sociology is the science of the laws and customs of -------

Same with RC. Mother a RC, child is, and one is a RC for life, its leaves and indelible mark on our souls. Obviously Jews have been reborn, and I mean that literally.

No it does not.

Same with RC. Mother a RC, child is, and one is a RC for life, its leaves and indelible mark on our souls. Obviously Jews have been reborn, and I mean that literally.

could you translate your comment into English?-------Catholic Canon law----as I learned it------considered any child or adult BAPTIZED in accordance with the catholic church doctrine------to be a CATHOLIC. If a baby----born to a protestant, jewish, shintoist, or Buddhist mother is BAPTIZED----he is catholic.
If he decides to be something else------it is called "sin" according to canon law----
which----in some places and in some points of time was also state law. My impression of catholic canon law included the notion that NOT BEING BAPTIZED---is a really bad state of being in catholic LAW AND CUSTOM. Long ago ----whilst sitting around in "the stacks"----of the library-----I read a little book written
specifically for "catholic nurses"-------there were detailed instructions on how to
baptize a dead baby-------and also how to baptize dead children and adults. -----
I believe that the idea was ---to get everyone out of hell. The book was old---about 1920------and sorta an official publication of the catholic church------
BAPTISM seemed to be very important. The religion of the mother was not
discussed

No it does not.

Clearly you know more about being Jewish than Jews themselves, right?

You're a cheap provocator. No point even responding to you

No it does not.

could you translate your comment into English?-------Catholic Canon law----as I learned it------considered any child or adult BAPTIZED in accordance with the catholic church doctrine------to be a CATHOLIC. If a baby----born to a protestant, jewish, shintoist, or Buddhist mother is BAPTIZED----he is catholic.
If he decides to be something else------it is called "sin" according to canon law----
which----in some places and in some points of time was also state law. My impression of catholic canon law included the notion that NOT BEING BAPTIZED---is a really bad state of being in catholic LAW AND CUSTOM. Long ago ----whilst sitting around in "the stacks"----of the library-----I read a little book written
specifically for "catholic nurses"-------there were detailed instructions on how to
baptize a dead baby-------and also how to baptize dead children and adults. -----
I believe that the idea was ---to get everyone out of hell. The book was old---about 1920------and sorta an official publication of the catholic church------
BAPTISM seemed to be very important. The religion of the mother was not
discussed

If you get married in a RC church you have to promise, make and oath to raise your kids in the RC Faith. Once a RC always a RC means if you leave the Church you loose salvation, but yes once baptized no need for rebaptism unless you were not baptized in the trinity which some Christians are not. We get baptized shortly after birth.

No it does not.

Clearly you know more about being Jewish than Jews themselves, right?

You're a cheap provocator. No point even responding to you

Maybe if you read your jewish news you might be up on this stuff.

Forum List

Back