Why atheist Jews are not Jews by David Silverman.

I also think we can cut to the chase and make it this simple:

any child born to a Jewish mother is, according to Halakha (Jewish Law), a Jew.

And any person who completes the conversion process is then also a Jew.

Any person who experiences historical loss of Jewish identity, but was either born to a Jewish mother or converted, is still a Jew, regardless how much or how little he knows about this faith.

It's that simple.

And Penelope - you are not a Jew, so why do you care so much?

What exactly drives your bitterness, your hate, your ignorance?

Wow...

Last edited:
Not only is he a Jew He looks like a Jew, and talks with the mannerisms and accent of a Jew.:cool:

If a Jew converts to the goyim religion he is considered DEAD to the Jewish community , If a Jew says he is an atheist he is still considered a Jew by the Jewish community

A mistake people make about Judaism is that they view it as like Christianity, in that they imagine it's like another church.

It isn't. Judaism is sui generis, entirely on its own and distinctive in what it is. A church, you can believe in its ideas and that's it. If you believe in Methodism, you are a Methodist. You can go further and sign a Methodist membership card but that isn't what makes you a Methodist. If you become an atheist, you stop being a Methodist.

The property of being Jewish is a status, that is conferred by either being born to a Jewish mother or having been declared to be Jewish by a Beit Din (rabbinical court). That status cannot be taken away from you, except in extraordinary circumstances. The Jewish community and people will no longer consider you Jewish if you debase yourself and become a Christian

If a Jew converts to the goyim religion he is considered DEAD to the Jewish community , If a Jew says he is an atheist he is still considered a Jew by the Jewish community

That's bullshit and STFU fake Jew:slap:

How could you convert when your an atheist. You did not listen to his talk you would see the reality of it.

That is not true. Judaism is no different. When a RC your one for life as well and to get married as a RC you must agree to bring your kids up as RC.

No difference, and atheist RC is just a atheist.

Lets see a Jew lady marries a RC man and they raise kids RC but the kids would still be a Jew, really how ridiculous.

The thing about that is the mother raises the kids and she is to pass on her faith to them. That is it. There is nothing special about Judaism, its just a religion with rituals like every other religion.

Ah penelope you are consistant we can all see that.....jacob's ladder explains in symbolic terms all of these things... Some people although high on the ladder are moving in a downward direction while some people on the lower rungs of the ladder are moving upwards in a higher direction... Some might even be not moving up or down but the bottomline is that it is their choice as to which direction they wish to move either upwards or downwards... It is called freewill surely you know something about that dont you....

Ah penelope you are consistant we can all see that.....jacob's ladder explains in symbolic terms all of these things... Some people although high on the ladder are moving in a downward direction while some people on the lower rungs of the ladder are moving upwards in a higher direction... Some might even be not moving up or down but the bottomline is that it is their choice as to which direction they wish to move either upwards or downwards... It is called freewill surely you know something about that dont you....

you are getting too ABSTRACT for Penelope------she is concrete in her thinking like all schizophrenics and dements

Penelope, Mr. Silverman can deny being Jewish all he wants. He is still Jewish and when G-d looks at him he knows and recognizes that he is Jewish! It reminds me of David Horowitz who was an atheist and a card carrying communist at one time. (he isn't any longer) At a book review he told the story of having felt a strong impression to go to the hospital and see his mother. He spent time with her and while he was with her she passed away. When he left the room and went downstairs to the outer courtyard garden he felt the presence of G-d and knew that the LORD had arranged for him to be there at that particular time because he knew how important his mother was to him and he to her! He loved David and wanted him to know that He had arranged that. He felt the warmth and compassion of G-d - the Love of G-d for him. And David did acknowledge that something happened that day which tells me his days of being an atheist are over.

Mr. Silverman's story is not over yet. Stay tuned.

And that is his opinion you stupid goy

People like you do more damage to Jews than any islamonazi here. You're a pathetic, fake Jew, piece of shit and one of the most bigoted miserable nutjobs.

If it were possible - yes - he probably could do more damage than the other because we know what to expect from the one but when it comes from a Jewish person - what then? I want to open my heart to share something with you, JROC. Guno has at times said some things that I felt pain from but I refused to be offended by it.

When Rosie invited HaShev and Shimon over here I didn't understand why they attacked me so viciously - and for a short time I did not take it well that these two men could be Jews and yet say the things they said to me - Guno joining in with them didn't help the matter and Stat also caused some sorrow in my heart - for a brief moment - because he said that I had treated the Jewish people poorly and I do not feel that I have ever done that before this incident with Hashev, Shimon and Guno joining in - so his saying something that wasn't true grieved me and he didn't seem upset when they did speak evil against me.

I am telling you this because I do have a deep love in my heart for the Jewish people and these men were attempting to lead me to believe that could not possibly be reciprocated. I have decided it does not matter if it is reciprocated.

I love the law of G-d with a deep love - My G-d is the G-d of Israel and he says that those who love His Law will not be offended - Psalm 119:165 - so I have purposed in my heart that I will love these people, Guno, HaShev, Shimon irregardless of what they say about Christians because I know that My G-d loves the Jewish people and that although you all may not see it at this time - you are my brethren!

I have no desire to go to Israel or claim anything as my own - I desire to see you and your people live in your own land and enjoy it in peace all the days of your life with no strings attached. I have supported Israel for many years financially and with my prayers. I am not looking towards end times events with glee! Who would? The day of the LORD is a day of God's wrath and my hope is for his mercy to be extended - not shortened.

Was I hurt by those people? Yes. Di d I say so and perhaps speak hard things when I shouldn't have? I think so. Could it have been misconstrued by others? Perhaps. I apologize for that. I can say with an honest conscience - I've forgiven them because I know that giving myself over to my old self I would likely be just as cruel (if not more so) as they were towards me. So it is a past thing and I'm not letting my love for the Jewish people or Israel be lessened over a few persons who said things they perhaps do not even comprehend as harmful. I love Israel and the Jewish people unconditionally and that means I will love even those who profess to hate me because otherwise? It's not unconditional.

A mistake people make about Judaism is that they view it as like Christianity, in that they imagine it's like another church.

It isn't. Judaism is sui generis, entirely on its own and distinctive in what it is. A church, you can believe in its ideas and that's it. If you believe in Methodism, you are a Methodist. You can go further and sign a Methodist membership card but that isn't what makes you a Methodist. If you become an atheist, you stop being a Methodist.

The property of being Jewish is a status, that is conferred by either being born to a Jewish mother or having been declared to be Jewish by a Beit Din (rabbinical court). That status cannot be taken away from you, except in extraordinary circumstances. The Jewish community and people will no longer consider you Jewish if you debase yourself and become a Christian

Oy Gevalt
FacePalm.gif

How could you convert when your an atheist. You did not listen to his talk you would see the reality of it.

That is not true. Judaism is no different. When a RC your one for life as well and to get married as a RC you must agree to bring your kids up as RC.

Lets see a Jew lady marries a RC man and they raise kids RC but the kids would still be a Jew, really how ridiculous.

The thing about that is the mother raises the kids and she is to pass on her faith to them. That is it. There is nothing special about Judaism, its just a religion with rituals like every other religion.

Can you convert from being born to a cetrain mother?

That's the true meaning of being a Jew. It doesn't matter, the guy can tell 100 times and over he's athe4ist, if he's born to a Jewish woman he's a Jew, period.

So please, just stfu, you embarrass yourself.

Can you convert from being born to a cetrain mother?

That's the true meaning of being a Jew. It doesn't matter, the guy can tell 100 times and over he's athe4ist, if he's born to a Jewish woman he's a Jew, period.

So please, just stfu, you embarrass yourself.

I'm going to try and help you , there is no such thing as jewish blood, do you know who Arthur Ruppin was?

Forum List

Back