Why are we so quiet about Christianophobia?

It's a goose/gander thing...

By Alan Johnson World Last updated: October 4th, 2013

Algeria.jpeg

A Christian tomb in formerly Christian Algeria

I was sitting in Rupert Shortt’s kitchen interviewing him for Fathom Journal about his book Christianophobia: A Faith Under Attack. When some leading politicians are asked to protest the persecution of Christians in the Middle East, he said, they respond with "Well, if Christians are going to march into these Muslim countries and try to convert them then what do you expect?" Rupert looked at me and shook his head in exasperation. "There is absolutely no sense that most of these societies were Christian long before the rise of Islam."

The historical ignorance matters because in a vast belt of land from Morocco to Pakistan there is scarcely a single country in which Christians can worship entirely without harassment. The recent suicide bomb attack on Christian worshippers at the All Saints Church in the old quarter of Peshawar, Pakistan – around 600 people were eating and playing on the grass after a service when they were ripped to pieces by the two Islamist suicide bombers. 78 people Christians were killed, including 34 women and seven children – was only a spectacular expression of the phenomenon.

It’s a toxic mix: among non-believers there is historical ignorance, hierarchies of oppression, postcolonial guilt, and official timidity. On the part of many stoic Christians there is a forbearance and willingness to see virtue in suffering. Perhaps it is time to take the advice of a Jew instead. Silence, said the Auschwitz survivor Elie Wiesel, only encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.

Why are we so quiet about Christianophobia? ? Telegraph Blogs

That's interesting, being that the tormentor in this case, was a Christian.

As it is in most cases.

Barnone, the bloodiest religion on the planet, is Christianity.

More people have died in the "name of Christ" then for any other thing.

You know, repeating that again and again is never going to make it true.

Sidebar topic on Spiderman has been moved to it's own thread since it's so far off the topic of this fine thread.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/331774-spiderman-vs-dr-octavius.html

Carry on.

Interesting photograph, that idea called "Christianophobia", would be people are afraid of losing their minds. Religion and outer space... gotta love it.

Spiderman vs. Dr.Octavius? Yeah, kiddies, like a G-rated movie. Beautiful, too. Suppose that is a metaphor by way of animal effigies, could easily be a discussion of the Pope and Spirituality. Anyone's guess is as good as mine, though.

I really like this song today:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Vt4MlbM0c]Matisyahu - Sunshine - YouTube[/ame]

Oh I would say watching the liberal spit venom at the OP answered his question quite nicely. In a life lived in sin those who dont wish to change fear a God. God for intents and purposes is a God of controlling yourself and dealing with the consequences of your actions. Liberals and many atheists dont want to deal with the consequences of their actions. They instead find others to blame for their own actions.

Algeria.jpeg

I was sitting in Rupert Shortt’s kitchen interviewing him for Fathom Journal about his book Christianophobia: A Faith Under Attack. When some leading politicians are asked to protest the persecution of Christians in the Middle East, he said, they respond with "Well, if Christians are going to march into these Muslim countries and try to convert them then what do you expect?" Rupert looked at me and shook his head in exasperation. "There is absolutely no sense that most of these societies were Christian long before the rise of Islam."

The historical ignorance matters because in a vast belt of land from Morocco to Pakistan there is scarcely a single country in which Christians can worship entirely without harassment. The recent suicide bomb attack on Christian worshippers at the All Saints Church in the old quarter of Peshawar, Pakistan – around 600 people were eating and playing on the grass after a service when they were ripped to pieces by the two Islamist suicide bombers. 78 people Christians were killed, including 34 women and seven children – was only a spectacular expression of the phenomenon.

It’s a toxic mix: among non-believers there is historical ignorance, hierarchies of oppression, postcolonial guilt, and official timidity. On the part of many stoic Christians there is a forbearance and willingness to see virtue in suffering. Perhaps it is time to take the advice of a Jew instead. Silence, said the Auschwitz survivor Elie Wiesel, only encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.

That's interesting, being that the tormentor in this case, was a Christian.

As it is in most cases.

Barnone, the bloodiest religion on the planet, is Christianity.

More people have died in the "name of Christ" then for any other thing.

WRONG!

The number one killer in all human history is Democide (murder by government).

Murder By Government--Democide

Most Islam beliefs came from Roman Catholic beliefs, which is a false religion written about in the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation.
So neither of these religions or the religion of Judaism has the Truth.

Your logic reminds me of the 70's.
:smoke:

I don' speak with logic. I speak every word our Creator puts in His mind for me to speak.

Fools don't understand what a saint is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algeria.jpeg

There are a lot of people, and many of them on here, who try to ascribe the actions of Christians in centuries past to Christians of today. That is unacceptable. The actions of people in Rome and/or in Colonial America simply do not equate with anything going on today. And I'm not really sure why today's Christians can't counter the argument. And if someone wants to chime in with that 'Christian terrorist' argument, knock yourself out. I have debunked every instance.

I don' speak with logic. I speak every word our Creator puts in His mind for me to speak.

Fools don't understand what a saint is.

Conclusion about bill maher, he's an ass hole of the first degree...:eusa_shifty:

A lot of people who tell the truth are often thought of as assholes by those who don't. Do atheists think of themselves as 'warriers for god'? Of course we don't.

But you Christians do, as do many Muslims:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=warriers+for+god&sm=3

Conclusion about bill maher, he's an ass hole of the first degree...:eusa_shifty:

A lot of people who tell the truth are often thought of as assholes by those who don't. Do atheists think of themselves as 'warriers for god'? Of course we don't.

Don't worry I got even loves coward's like you who hate him

tapatalk post

What's wrong with Christ? Muslims love Christ. I have to keep reminding you idiotic white pretend to be Christians about this.

Christ is loved by all. Except you mamby pamby fiddle lee dee white pablum sucking church idiots who don't understand who he is and who loves him. Because you are so involved in your pc world you don't understand at all how Jesus is loved by ISLAM.

Last edited:
Now we differ on JC's role, but you freaking fools don't understand that Islam reveres Christ. Shows your ignorance.

Now we differ on JC's role, but you freaking fools don't understand that Islam reveres Christ. Shows your ignorance.

What I would like to know then is why Christians who love Christ are persecuted and killed in some Islamic countries?

THE ONLY WAY ANYONE CAN SAY SICK SEXUAL PERVERSION IS NOT SIN IS TO SIN MORE BY TRYING TO SAY GOD'S HOLY INSPIRED(GOD BREATHED)WORD IS NOT REALLY GOD'S WORD. IMHO THAT SIN HAS A VERY VERY HIGH COST. BEWARE!

YES!! The homosexual can confess and repent and GOD will forgive him. GOD loves him but GOD HATES SIN. BUT THE HOMOSEXUAL TRYS TO SAY HIS SIN IS NOT SIN THERBY COMPOUNDING HIS SIN.

YES!!! I CONFESS AND REPENT OF MY SINS BUT I DO NOT TRY TO DENY THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD. I CONFESS AND REPENT AND GOD SAYS HE FORGIVES ME AND I TRY TO LIVE TODAY BETTER=MORE PLEASING TO GOD THAN I LIVED YESTERDAY. I DO NOT TRY TO DENY MY SINS ARE SIN!!!

WHO WOULD TRY TO DENY THE WORD OF GOD =THE HOLY BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD???

Who would try to deny the BIBLE IS GOD'S WORD OF TRUTH TO TRY TO JUSTIFY THEIR SEXUAL PERVERSION SIN?

YES!!! THERE IS NO CONDEMNATION FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN JESUS CHRIST! BUT WE ARE CONDEMNED BY ALL SIN WE REFUSE TO CONFESS AND REPENT OF. WE CANNOT LIVE IN JESUS AND REFUSE TO CONFESS AND REPENT OF SIN

GALATIONS 6:7= BE NOT DECEIVED GOD IS NOT MOCKED:FOR WHAT EVER (SIN) MAN SOWETH THAT HE SHALL ALSO REAP.

What I would like to know then is why Christians who love Christ are persecuted and killed in some Islamic countries?

Only way I can explain it is this way. Hang in with me here. :eusa_angel:

Think Quebec. Think Catholocism. Think Priests being able to interpret the bible because no one knew Latin.

Now I am a student of Latin so I understand this well. And I also understand when the priests went to provinces.

The priest says, Jesus did not embrace the woman in the square although we must forgive her. Never cast the first stone?

Who is to dispute the priest? Who knew latin?

So.................

And really hang in with me here........

Who can challenge the Imam in a desolate outback? In a mountainous region of Pakistan?

Who can say to the Imam Jesus is a beloved prophet? A biggie. JC is a huge deal in Islam.

GOD LOVES THE SINNER BUT HATES HIS SIN. IF YOU CONFESS AND REPENT GOD WILL FORGIVE YOU AND CLEANSE YOU.====HOW TO BE SAVED (BORN AGAIN) =BELIEVE GOD'S WORD=Romans 10
” 9 If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”
PRAYER OF SALVATION
“God in Heaven, I believe Your Son Jesus Christ came to earth, died on the cross for my sins and that You raised him from the dead! Forgive me of my sins because of his blood. Jesus be MY Saviour and Lord. Thank you for your salvation. In Jesus name. Amen.”

Don't worry I got even loves coward's like you who hate him

tapatalk post

Well, that made sense. Oh wait...no it didn't.

GOD LOVES THE SINNER BUT HATES HIS SIN. IF YOU CONFESS AND REPENT GOD WILL FORGIVE YOU AND CLEANSE YOU.====HOW TO BE SAVED (BORN AGAIN) =BELIEVE GOD'S WORD=Romans 10
” 9 If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”
PRAYER OF SALVATION
“God in Heaven, I believe Your Son Jesus Christ came to earth, died on the cross for my sins and that You raised him from the dead! Forgive me of my sins because of his blood. Jesus be MY Saviour and Lord. Thank you for your salvation. In Jesus name. Amen.”

Do you realize that your religion is about human sacrifice?

True, but alot of people who lie are @$$(#$@s too. Maher would be one of them. The man wouldn't know the truth if it bit him.

PRAYER OF SALVATION

Do you realize that your religion is about human sacrifice?

No. It's about Deity sacrifice.

Forum List

Back