Some Facts on Mary

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013
Some Facts on Mary
(Remix 9-24-2009)

By Chuckt © 2009

Genesis 16:1 Now Sarai Abram's wife bare him no children: and she had an handmaid, an Egyptian, whose name [was] Hagar.

Guess what handmaid means?

H8198 shiphchah maid, maid-servant, slavegirl

Luke 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

G1399 doulē a female slave, bondmaid, handmaid

It is interesting how a woman who calls herself a slave is supposedly going to get favors done or be a mediator when she is listed last in the book of Acts and then nothing else is said about her in the Bible to have the kind of role she has in Catholicism but that is not the Mary of the Bible.

Luke 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, [thou that art] highly favoured, the Lord [is] with thee: blessed [art] thou among women.

It says "blessed art thou AMONG women" and not "ABOVE" women.

Mary was just one of many praying to God:

Acts1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
Acts1:24 And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all [men], shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,

Mary was in the upper room praying and they prayed to the Lord in verse 24. They were praying to the Lord. We don't pray to Mary.

1 Timothy 2:5 For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

If there were two mediators then it would say "two" but it says "one" so we only pray to God because Mary is not a mediator.

Mary had other children:

Matthew 13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Matthew 13:56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this [man] all these things?

Psalm 69:8 I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children.

Galatians 1:19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

Jude 1:1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, [and] called:

Matthew 1:24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

Matthew 1:25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
John 2:3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
John 2:4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

Jesus called Mary "Woman".

John 2:3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
John 2:4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

Matthew 12:46 ¶ While he yet talked to the people, behold, [his] mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
Matthew 12:47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

Matthew 12:48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?

Jesus said "Who is my mother?" The answer is in the next two verses.

Matthew 12:49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Luke 1:46 ¶ And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
Luke 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

If you have sin then you need a "saviour" and Mary called “God” her saviour.

Was Peter Married?
Matthew 8:14 ¶ And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother (penthera) laid, and sick of a fever.

1 Cor. 9:5 Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and [as] the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?

Who is Cephas?

John 1:42 And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.

Last edited:
I'm glad you brought up Mary as it gives me an opportunity to humble myself and ask for forgiveness from Catholic people here. I am troubled by one of the threads I wrote concerning the RCC. It was way too hard and I feel it crushed the spirits of catholic people who read it and I feel sorrowful over that. I have been thinking about it since considering something BD wrote and I feel compassion towards her very sincerely. I do. I feel a great conflict with the recent news about the RCC church but I do not believe I should have voiced my concerns publicly about it and most definitely not with such vitriol.

I've been praying for both my brothers for some time, Chuck. I come from a very large Roman Catholic Family - I am the only baptized in the Holy Ghost born again believer out of the entire family - so far as I know - Most of the family I have not seen in many years nor spoken with as they are not too keen on my having left the RCC but let me say this... I got a phone call the other night that both my brothers have returned to church! They are attending a Catholic church down where they live. They were out of church for quite a few decades. (many years!) The one brother started attending recently and now the other brother is attending too. Every Sunday. I already know the priest that ministers at that church is a believer in Jesus Christ and has a deep abiding love for Christ. He is a humble man. A gentle man who suffered much persecution in Lebanon before moving to America. So God has led both my brothers to be at this church because this is where my mother attends. They are hearing the sermons of Jesus - the other day I mentioned the Beatitudes and our talents and was told that is the very message the Priest spoke on that same Sunday - so he is flowing with the Holy Spirit - in my belief - I think he is and so I am grateful for my brothers being there and hearing the Word of God because I know the Lord can minister to them wherever they are at and if he can do that for them then he can do that for all the rest of the folks here who prefer to attend a catholic church. I think the tares and the wheat are growing together in every church denomination including the non denominational ones and so with that I believe God can over - ride the rest and I do not need to bring division and harm the wheat. Which is what I feel I did. I think that is all I have to say about that for now. - Jeri

Last edited:
Some Facts on Mary
(Remix 9-24-2009)

By Chuckt © 2009

Genesis 16:1 Now Sarai Abram's wife bare him no children: and she had an handmaid, an Egyptian, whose name [was] Hagar.

Guess what handmaid means?

H8198 shiphchah maid, maid-servant, slavegirl

Luke 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

G1399 doulē a female slave, bondmaid, handmaid

It is interesting how a woman who calls herself a slave is supposedly going to get favors done or be a mediator when she is listed last in the book of Acts and then nothing else is said about her in the Bible to have the kind of role she has in Catholicism but that is not the Mary of the Bible.

Luke 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, [thou that art] highly favoured, the Lord [is] with thee: blessed [art] thou among women.

It says "blessed art thou AMONG women" and not "ABOVE" women.

Mary was just one of many praying to God:

Acts1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
Acts1:24 And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all [men], shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,

Mary was in the upper room praying and they prayed to the Lord in verse 24. They were praying to the Lord. We don't pray to Mary.

1 Timothy 2:5 For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

If there were two mediators then it would say "two" but it says "one" so we only pray to God because Mary is not a mediator.

Mary had other children:

Matthew 13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Matthew 13:56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this [man] all these things?

Psalm 69:8 I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children.

Galatians 1:19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

Jude 1:1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, [and] called:

Matthew 1:24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

Matthew 1:25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Jesus called Mary "Woman".

Matthew 12:46 ¶ While he yet talked to the people, behold, [his] mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
Matthew 12:47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

Matthew 12:48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?

Jesus said "Who is my mother?" The answer is in the next two verses.

Matthew 12:49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Luke 1:46 ¶ And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
Luke 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

If you have sin then you need a "saviour" and Mary called “God” her saviour.

Was Peter Married?
Matthew 8:14 ¶ And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother (penthera) laid, and sick of a fever.

1 Cor. 9:5 Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and [as] the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?

Who is Cephas?

John 1:42 And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.

We're all born of the virgin ( Holy Spirit, or Christ ), also known as "Mother" in Revelation and appear as flesh and Earthly things ( illusions ). The Roman religious leaders who started the official religion of Christianity didn't understand the symbolism in the prophecies of God.

Last edited:
I am not a Roman Catholic nor Muslim and respect Catholics and Muslims as people, but I have such a hard time with the teachings.... I simply disagree with Catholic's and Muslim's teachings about Mary because the Bible does not support the “ Catholislamic “ teachings involving Mary.

I believe that it is important to realize, that at his death BEFORE Jesus The Anointed died, He said, " WOMAN look at your Son. " Here - - Mary’s younger son, thereafter - took MARY, His mother, alone, away in private - ALONE.

The Greek word is a word meaning SEPARATE, ALONE private.... this word private is the same Greek word used in the verse that says that " no scripture is of any private interpretation "

You will notice that When Jesus mentions Mary's LITERAL Son - in John 19:26- _ The Roman Catholic and Islamics do not take Jesus words as a literal meaning.

The Greek word “ THY " son “ is the word G4675 - σου? - sou / soo = Meaning Of thee, thy: - thine (own), thou, thy. ... This Greek word is used nearly 500 times in the New Testament and it always means Your Own or thy own.

I have noticed that Roman Catholic and Islamics honor Mary because of the great things they imagine about her, considering and demanding that because she was sinless, perfect, holy and pure and SPECIAL - “ Full of grace “ She was the chosen one . But The Prophecy and plan of God was to bring Jesus through the Line Of the sinful, repentant sinner " King David " . It did not specify an importance regarding if the virgin was perfect or sinless or the most holiest and pure-minded woman who ever existed. Or a woman who was living a life with the purpose of being a virgin As the Quran declares here in - Quran 66:12 “And (God sets forth the example for those who Believe) of Mary, the daughter of Heli, who guarded her chastity, so We blew into it through Our Angel (i.e., Gabriel), and she believed in the words of her Lord and His Scriptures and was of the devoutly obedient.” (Quran 66:12)

But The Bible does not lay importance on anything regarding that Mary had planned or plotted out her virginity or guarded her chastity. NEVER.
The Bible does not say that Mary had lived a long lifetime or a short life and lived with an important goal and made the personal decision of abstaining and refusing sexual relations or marriage.

We don't even know how old Mary was. - - Mat_1:23 and Luk_1:27 simply say that she was a virgin. - That's it....

The Biblically designed point was to be a descendant of King David, not to be born from a sinless, perfect nun-like, single and never to be planning to be, a sexually active woman. But Mary was planning, plotting wanting sex and Joseph was planning marriage and sex too. And Joseph was instructed to not be afraid to get married and have sex because the child conceived in His new { to be } wife was from the Holy Spirit . And Joseph did not know Mary sexually UNTIL after they were married and Mary had borne Her firstborn son.

Joseph and Mary were plotting, planning and preparing to get married and Joseph was fearful / afraid to take Mary as a wife because she was already pregnant.
Joseph and Mary were not planning to abstain from sex . The Angel knew that they had a marriage plan and told Joseph directly - to not continue to be fearful -- and afraid, about the pregnancy. Obviously, they were worried about their sexual relationship and marriage and sexual future because Mary's sexuality and pregnancy was a very important matter in the relationship because Joseph thought she was already pregnant with someone else’s baby and had lied about the sexual activity. He was afraid, and upset and He was planning on putting her away and terminating the marriage. Because the factual plan in The Bible, was for Mary to be His normal wife sexually.
Have the Roman Catholic and Islamic Mosque - simply added these false things and untruths directly upon the Biblical narrative and have they completely changed the message of God’s word. ? ?

We see Mary's genealogy in Luke 3:24..

REMEMBER - The Original Luke 3:24 simply begins to just simply list and lay out a simple list of names - one right after another after another and so on. The genealogy is ending in verse 23 by simply only naming the name Heli. Then ending verse 23 to 24 - It looks exactly as the following … … . Heli, Matthat, Levi, Melchi, Janna, Joseph, Mattathias, Amos, Naum, Esli, Nagge, Maath, Mattathias, Semei, Joseph, Juda, Joanna, Rhesa, Zorobabel, Salathiel, Neri, Melchi, Addi, Cosam, Elmodam, Er, Jose, Eliezer, Jorim, Matthat, Levi, Simeon, Juda, Joseph, Jonan, Eliakim, Melea, Menan, Mattatha, Nathan, David, Jesse, Obed, Booz, Salmon, Naasson, Aminadab, Aram, Esrom, Phares, Juda, Jacob, Isaac, Abraham, Thara, Nachor, Saruch, Ragau, Phalec, Heber, Sala, Cainan, ArphaX ad, Sem, Noe, Lamech, Mathusala, Enoch, Jared, Maleleel, Cainan, Enos, Seth, Adam, God ._
_
This was why Mary was chosen - The bible makes is clear that it was very crucial for the virgin to be from the seed of David. Her personal planning, plotting and goals of being a virgin or living a lifetime of chastity and staying / remaining a virgin has nothing to do with anything. And we know that She had never planned to be a virgin, She was getting married and Her husband was terminating the wedding because He could no longer have sex with her because she was cheating on Him.
The angel knew that Mary was very afraid, worried and fearful - in Luke 1:30 - the angel told Mary to not be afraid and worried.

Roman Catholic and Muslims honor Mary because of the great things they imagine about her, considering and demanding that because she was sinless, perfect, holy and pure and SPECIAL - “ Full of grace “ She was the chosen one . But The Prophecy and plan of God was to bring Jesus through the Line Of King David. It did not matter who the virgin was, out of the thousands of virgins throughout the land . ... The point was to be a descendant of King David, not to be born from a sinless, perfect woman who had lived a lifetime of virginity and or who plotted, planned and dedicated her life to being a virgin... I never hear Catholic and Islamic doctrine focusing on the Biblical teaching, it is all - only centered around the twisting of the original manuscripts. And Mary is portrayed as a young woman who was planning a marriage, not some older woman who had lived her life as a concentrated woman of God having abstained from sexual activity. As a young woman looking for a husband to marry and have a marriage and sexual relations with a husband .

This was Mary's plan in her mind, her goals and interests and desires was to get married and have sexual relations with a man - NOT to be virgin ! or a nun, like. woman and never have sex or commit a sex act in her life. She was hunting, pursuing, seeking and pursuing, following sexual plan for a relationship with a male. In the eyes of the Roman Catholic and Islamic fantasy of the Mary of Catholic and Islamics, how is this a holy woman who was sinless, pure and special; or any different from any other woman who was seeking a marriage, sex and a husband ? ?
I read Gods word and I just can’t see how that the Mary of Catholic and Islam exists. And if Muslims are not interested in the Seed Of king David and Roman Catholics are also not interested - it seems that they make changes of the importance and point of everything in the Bible and modify it to their own personal interests. what do You think ?

Please help me to understand ? IF I am wrong, I ask You to please show me in God’s word.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back