Why are we so quiet about Christianophobia?

Hey... Christians need to understand that, like every other sizable group of humans, they're subject to extremism within their ranks. Muslims and a few others could do well with the same lesson, but I digress.

Damn if it wouldn't be nice if some of these groups would start policing their own when extremism turns to intrusion and violence.

Extremism is the enemy, not God. Being afraid of God is like being afraid of Spiderman.

How many people in this millennium have Christian extremists killed? I am counting none. http://www.usmessageboard.com/7127786-post1.html So what is there to be policed? Oh, right, you don't like them. That's cause enough to persecute them.

Hey... Christians need to understand that, like every other sizable group of humans, they're subject to extremism within their ranks. Muslims and a few others could do well with the same lesson, but I digress.

Damn if it wouldn't be nice if some of these groups would start policing their own when extremism turns to intrusion and violence.

Extremism is the enemy, not God. Being afraid of God is like being afraid of Spiderman.

If I had ever pissed off Otto Octavious I'd be very afraid of Spiderman.

:eusa_eh:

Think about that particular 'if' there, Brother...
Wait for it...​

Cruciphobia at Mt. Soledad

December 26, 2013 by Michelle Malkin

cross2-525x376-450x322.jpg

Consider this: Taylor Swift wasn’t even born yet when the fight over the Mount Soledad cross began. How much longer will it drag on? Disgruntled atheists first filed suit over the memorial at a veterans park in San Diego in the summer of 1989. The fringe grievance-mongers have clung bitterly to their litigious activities for nearly a quarter-century. It’s time to let go and bring peace to the city.

The historic 43-foot cross has stood atop Mount Soledad on public land since 1954. The Mount Soledad Memorial Association erected the monument to commemorate the sacrifice of American soldiers who died in the Korean War, World War I and World War II. The cross has long carried meaning for the city’s residents far beyond religious symbolism. “It’s a symbol of coming of age and of remembrance,” Pastor Mark Slomka of the Mount Soledad Presbyterian Church said years ago when the case erupted. The San Diego Union-Tribune editorial board explained that the cross is “much like the Mission San Diego de Alcala and the cross at Presidio Park, both of which also are rooted in Christianity but have come to signify the birth of San Diego.”

Amen to that. Militant atheists won’t rest until every last expression of faith is eradicated from the public square. They don’t stand for reason or religious liberty. They are vengeful purveyors of cruciphobia. The everlasting good news, of course, is that in the end, hope will triumph over hate. Faith will outlast fear. And God’s love will prevail long after physical crosses have fallen.

Cruciphobia at Mt. Soledad | FrontPage Magazine

Why Does Jesus Turn Decent People into Jackasses? Matthew Paul Turner | Matthew Paul Turner

One of my friends in college had a very personal relationship with Jesus, one that, on occasion, led him to wake up at 4:30 in the morning and spend 90 minutes of quality time with Jesus before class. When I first met “D,” I was sort of jealous of his spiritual discipline. At the time, I was experimenting with Calvinism and easily shamed by the intensities of other people’s relationships with Jesus. But overtime I stopped being jealous of D’s close relationship with Jesus. Because I began to notice that the more time D hung out with Jesus the bigger jackass he became. We could always tell when D and Jesus were engaging in “bro” time, because that quality time always seemed to make D angry, prideful, and intoxicated with his own spiritual certainty. As a recovering Baptist who, at the time, was a young and flourishing Presbyterian, I didn’t want to end up being one of Jesus’s jackasses.

Why do close relationships with Jesus turn some people into jackasses? That idea seems counter to everything that Jesus taught about God’s Kingdom. Still, sometimes Jesus comes into a person’s heart and makes them shape shifters.

I’ve known lots of people who Jesus has helped. I’ve seen Jesus help alcoholics to begin recovery. I’ve seen Jesus help fix marriages. I’ve seen Jesus make rich selfish people into rich giving people.

None of those things surprise me at all, because I believe that Jesus saves, that Jesus heals, and that Jesus changes people’s lives.

But let’s face it: how a relationship with Jesus affects people seems to vary a good bit. Because as much as Jesus brings some people hope, healing, and resurrection, that same Jesus also makes some people turn into intolerant name-calling Christians who seem downright entitled to utilize the Bible as a device to be mean and hateful. If engaging scripture and prayer and going to church makes us act like nasty, self-righteous jackasses, we’ve completely missed the point.

:thup:

Because there is no such thing.

Christian dogma exhibits many benevolent and worthwhile tenets, advocating for peace and universal brotherhood.

The problem isn’t with Christianity, the problem is Christians ignorant of their faith.

I feel the same about progressive, liberal & islam...:eusa_shhh:

Last edited:

Christian dogma exhibits many benevolent and worthwhile tenets, advocating for peace and universal brotherhood.

The problem isn’t with Christianity, the problem is Christians ignorant of their faith.

There isn't any such thing as Islamophobia or homophobia either but that doesn't stop you from guys from claiming such.

And the problem seems to be more non-Christians ignorant of the Christian faith while thinking otherwise.

How many people in this millennium have Christian extremists killed? I am counting none. http://www.usmessageboard.com/7127786-post1.html So what is there to be policed? Oh, right, you don't like them. That's cause enough to persecute them.

You don't get it. I've got nothing against Christians, or any other sect of the religions based on the God of Abraham. I've got problems with extremism.

That would be religious extremists of all sects, technology extremism, environmental extremism, extremism of greed, left-wing extremism, right-wing extremism and moderate extremism, ass-u-me-ing such a thing exists.

And yes, Virginia, like Muslims in America, Christians in the US have their extremists that need to be admonished by their own:

And members of religious sects who use their faith to impose morals on others.

Has anyone besides me noticed that the O/P's question remains unanswered?

Perhaps the perceived prevalence of Christian bashing is so much paranoia... perhaps what's being prolifically bashed is bad behavior, which we all have a responsibility to bash, no matter what the source.

It's a goose/gander thing...

Before I was a Christian, I was approach with the question, "How do you know if you are going to heaven?" I was a young kid who didn't have the answers but I didn't want to change but I was scared of answering because I didn't have the answers. In that part, the unknown about what we all don't know scares some people.

I think for the most part, Greek or Hebrew names seem odd to people because they have been westernized. They don't understand or they haven't read the Bible.

Some people hate God and they can't hurt God so we're the nearest thing.

That was not the question and hiding behind your god is not the answer.

The question concerned so-called "christians".

westwall
Because every collectivist society needs a target. Germany had the Jews, Turkey had the Armenians, Pol Pot had the intelligentsia etc. Just another in a long progression of targets.

Yeah, cuz "christians" are treated just like that.

My own opinion is, as long as they leave me alone, I really don't care what idols they bow down to. Yeah, it rankles that we have to pay your property taxes but if you'll just shut up and quit rubbing our noses in it, you can keep that scam going for a long while yet.

You are upset the 2% picks on the 70% but you want to be able to pick on the 2% with impunity.

I don't know the answer to that AJ. Yes, I do know the answer to that, but it is still stunning to watch.
We elected a President twice, that stood up in front of the world and declared that America is not a Christian nation. Then He told us we should examine the role that Islam has played in the forging of America going back to the Revolution. Then he told us Christ is unnecessary, that there are lots of ways to get to Heaven. And we love propaganda. It's not that we are becoming nonreligious, it is that we are becoming every religion but Christianity.
And by the time they finish molding our morals for us, we will be convinced that killing a Christian is doing God a favor.

Worldwide persecution of Christians has risen 300%. And it is going to get much much worse.
It is an end time prophesy. These thing are predicted to occur pending the return of Christ, so at least we have something to look forward to as we watch the world lose it's mind.

It really doesn't help your cause that you keep lying.

The never ending lies tend to make some people wish the "end times" were real and that the whiners would just go ahead and get themselves all raptured and junk.

Dang.

Some posts really make me consider turning my rep back on.

Consider yourself ++++ repped.

Most Islam beliefs came from Roman Catholic beliefs, which is a false religion written about in the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation.
So neither of these religions or the religion of Judaism has the Truth.

Your logic reminds me of the 70's.
:smoke:

It has always seemed to me that all religions basically say the same thing:

My god can beat up your god.

We see the persecutors persecuting the very small minority.

There is a fairly large community of muslims here considering how small this area is. I do not see them being persecuted. They shop at Wal Mart and Kroger and other places I shop. If anything I see them getting away with things that no one not in muslim garb would get away with. And they do not seek to integrate themselves in the larger community. They don't want our company.

Same at airports. There have been people in islamic dress on every plane I have flown on in the last number of years. I don't recall a one of them getting a shakedown. But I get a shakedown every single time I fly because of my med pump and joint replacements.

I don't think we can consider islamic terrorists a 'small minority.' There are over a billion muslims in the world. 7% of that would be a LOT of people who want us dead. That would come to 70,000,000. That may be a minority within islam, but it is one hell of a lot of people who want us wiped off the earth. And they consider the atheist, those who most frequently jump in and take up for them, to be infidels too.

3,950,000 Muslims in America today. Islam In America - Muslim Population and Growth 7% of that is almost 30,000. Their numbers SHOULD concern us. Yet every single time there is an islamic terrorist attack, the word that comes from our government is to beware of Christians. Here are all the Christian terrorists:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/7127786-post1.html

There are two Mormons who might fit the description, but the rest acted on other agendas, were not Christians, or the case was never solved. It is too bad every time someone decides to hit an abortion clinic Christians get the blame even when the case never gets solved. Muslims do not believe in abortion. Yet, no one ever points the finger at them which would be more logical given their history of violence toward America.

In principle, the Qur'an condemns the killing of humans (except in the case of Just defense), but it does not explicitly mention abortion (Al-Ijhadh). This leads Islamic theologians to take up different viewpoints: while the majority of early Islamic theologians permitted abortion up to day 40 of pregnancy or even up to day 120, many countries today interpret these precepts protecting unborn children more conservatively. Although there is no actual approval of abortion in the world of Islam, there is no strict, unanimous ban on it, either.

Do Muslims believe in abortion? - Yahoo! Answers

A very real problem we're seeing with the internet is people believing opinions over facts. This is a prime example. "Yahoo Answers" is opinion. Just like what the nutter rw's write here is opinion.
^^^Yet it is always Christians who are blamed.

And there is no 'ban' on abortions in the Bible. In fact there is one passage that seems to indicate that keeping a person from being born is doing them a favor. Believing abortion is wrong is also an interpretation within Christianity.

Christians ARE taking a beating in this country and it is because of the hateful rhetoric of our president making accusations where no evidence indicates Christians are terrorists.Utter bullshit and nothing more than a crazy person's unsubstantiated opinion.

There are many little churches in the vale where people go to worship God and fellowship with their friends and relatives. Christians have as much right not to believe in abortion as muslims have.

While your last sentence is not factual either, it is true that all human beings have the right to believe anything they want.

They do not, however, have the right to force their beliefs on others.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - believe whatever mumbo jumbo you want but don't be harassing me to believe it too.

If I had ever pissed off Otto Octavious I'd be very afraid of Spiderman.

I had to google that name ...

But then, I don't believe in fictional characters.

Like "god", Santa, Easter bunny, Tooth Fairy, Spiderman ...

Cruciphobia at Mt. Soledad

December 26, 2013 by Michelle Malkin

cross2-525x376-450x322.jpg

Consider this: Taylor Swift wasn’t even born yet when the fight over the Mount Soledad cross began. How much longer will it drag on? Disgruntled atheists first filed suit over the memorial at a veterans park in San Diego in the summer of 1989. The fringe grievance-mongers have clung bitterly to their litigious activities for nearly a quarter-century. It’s time to let go and bring peace to the city.

The historic 43-foot cross has stood atop Mount Soledad on public land since 1954. The Mount Soledad Memorial Association erected the monument to commemorate the sacrifice of American soldiers who died in the Korean War, World War I and World War II. The cross has long carried meaning for the city’s residents far beyond religious symbolism. “It’s a symbol of coming of age and of remembrance,” Pastor Mark Slomka of the Mount Soledad Presbyterian Church said years ago when the case erupted. The San Diego Union-Tribune editorial board explained that the cross is “much like the Mission San Diego de Alcala and the cross at Presidio Park, both of which also are rooted in Christianity but have come to signify the birth of San Diego.”

Amen to that. Militant atheists won’t rest until every last expression of faith is eradicated from the public square. They don’t stand for reason or religious liberty. They are vengeful purveyors of cruciphobia. The everlasting good news, of course, is that in the end, hope will triumph over hate. Faith will outlast fear. And God’s love will prevail long after physical crosses have fallen.

Cruciphobia at Mt. Soledad | FrontPage Magazine

"Taylor Swift wasn’t even born yet ..."

:cuckoo:

You're just another nutter who can't tell the difference between fact and opinion.

"There is absolutely no sense that most of these societies were Christian long before the rise of Islam."

"There is absolutely no sense that most of these societies were Christian long before the rise of Islam."

Some things just need to be repeated until EVERYBODY understands it.

This interactive map might be helpful

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Q4rMCy2Tk]History Timeline: World Religions Conquest Map HD - YouTube[/ame]

It's a goose/gander thing...

By Alan Johnson World Last updated: October 4th, 2013

Algeria.jpeg

A Christian tomb in formerly Christian Algeria

I was sitting in Rupert Shortt’s kitchen interviewing him for Fathom Journal about his book Christianophobia: A Faith Under Attack. When some leading politicians are asked to protest the persecution of Christians in the Middle East, he said, they respond with "Well, if Christians are going to march into these Muslim countries and try to convert them then what do you expect?" Rupert looked at me and shook his head in exasperation. "There is absolutely no sense that most of these societies were Christian long before the rise of Islam."

The historical ignorance matters because in a vast belt of land from Morocco to Pakistan there is scarcely a single country in which Christians can worship entirely without harassment. The recent suicide bomb attack on Christian worshippers at the All Saints Church in the old quarter of Peshawar, Pakistan – around 600 people were eating and playing on the grass after a service when they were ripped to pieces by the two Islamist suicide bombers. 78 people Christians were killed, including 34 women and seven children – was only a spectacular expression of the phenomenon.

It’s a toxic mix: among non-believers there is historical ignorance, hierarchies of oppression, postcolonial guilt, and official timidity. On the part of many stoic Christians there is a forbearance and willingness to see virtue in suffering. Perhaps it is time to take the advice of a Jew instead. Silence, said the Auschwitz survivor Elie Wiesel, only encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.

Why are we so quiet about Christianophobia? ? Telegraph Blogs

That's interesting, being that the tormentor in this case, was a Christian.

As it is in most cases.

Barnone, the bloodiest religion on the planet, is Christianity.

More people have died in the "name of Christ" then for any other thing.

Forum List

Back