Why are we so polarized?

Republicans have not made that clear, your inability to understand what the Republican message is has made that clear to you. You fail to understand, that the standard of living of the working class and the poor are highly dependent upon a healthy upper middle class. The people that you love to hate, provide the vast majority of jobs that enable the working class and the poor to have a better life.

I think it's also showing that our National economic health is highly dependent on the health of our working class. It reduces the need for government assistance, raises tax revenue, puts more disposable income into the hands of the largest group of consumers in our country and that's good for business and consumer alike.

Face it....Capital and Labor is a symbiotic relationship. They need each other.

The health of our working class is dependent upon one thing, jobs. Jobs are dependent upon a healthy upper middle class, and freedom from government over regulation and over taxation. Yes, capital and labor need each other, but labor needs capital a hell of a lot more than capital needs labor. Capital can move, labor not so much.

Pub/Voodoo/Reaganist policy has BLOATED the rich, raised fees, property and local taxes, made college and health costs double just under Bush, and sent manufacturing overseas, see sig pp1.The rich are FINE, what we need is a healthy NONRICH so there's demand with resorting to buying on credit, what Pub policy reduced us to after 25 years.

But thanks for the all purpose BS Pub talking point.

Republicans have not made that clear, your inability to understand what the Republican message is has made that clear to you. You fail to understand, that the standard of living of the working class and the poor are highly dependent upon a healthy upper middle class. The people that you love to hate, provide the vast majority of jobs that enable the working class and the poor to have a better life.

I think it's also showing that our National economic health is highly dependent on the health of our working class. It reduces the need for government assistance, raises tax revenue, puts more disposable income into the hands of the largest group of consumers in our country and that's good for business and consumer alike.

The health of our working class is dependent upon one thing, jobs. Jobs are dependent upon a healthy upper middle class, and freedom from government over regulation and over taxation. Yes, capital and labor need each other, but labor needs capital a hell of a lot more than capital needs labor. Capital can move, labor not so much.

Jobs? No....Family sustaining jobs? yes.

Throwing hard working people into poverty to boost profits is great in the short term...but when people's money runs out, who's going to buy their stuff? Outsourcing good paying jobs to reduce the cost of products AND to boost profits is wonderful Except that people who used to work those good paying manufacturing jobs are stuck at 7/11 making shit wages, paying for their benefits out of pocket and while they can theoretically buy a 32" flat screen for $300, their rents and their utilities and their food costs haven't gone down....they've gone up.

What you are basically saying is that might makes right, well I disagree. Maybe a Nationwide wildcat strike would be a great lesson to our "Job Creators" and our government alike. That you can't keep fucking over the majority of our population and give it to our wealthiest and most powerful people and entities, and then not require reciprocity in return.

The government aids this in these damnable Free Trade Agreements that only helps the host country and the American Corporations who go there....and of course, it also helps the companies that DON'T outsource as a strongarm tactic to keep labor submissive...."Hey...if you don't stop complaining....South Korea's looking awfully good".

Government spending is 100 times more redistributive than it was during the JFK era.

Let me repeat that for anyone who missed it.

Government spending is 100 X more redistributive than it was during the JFK era.

What has changed in America? The use of force of government to take from some to give to others in exchange for votes.

Leftists are gutting and destroying America.

What changed is the Republican and Democratic party shifted vastly to the left. People then claim Republicans have turned hard right and that Democrats are "moderate" Fact is, Government spending and programs under both Republicans and democrats have grown massively as you have shown... More importantly both parties did it near equally.

Most Americans are disenfranchised because neither party is fiscally responsible. Most Americans are not informed enough to understand both dems and reps have shifted to the left through policy and instead are fed talking points like “Gay marriage/abortion/support the troops” as being policy. The conversation has changed from is it even constitutional to have the DoEducation, Obamacare, Medicare, SS… doing Bailouts and stimulus and unconstitutional wars to “how do we reform these programs.” Fact is no amount of reform will cover the GROWING 1.6 trillion dollar deficit. No amount of cutting military spending alone will balance the budget either.

Currently we are doomed as a nation because both parties are full of politically inferior voters who vote for the very policies they claim to be against, over and over and over and over again… The only thing they have right is how destructive the polices they vote for are, their just to stupid/arrogant or hate filled to admit they vote for these policies.

BTW, you;re a perfect example SF.

It has a lot to do with the attitude of the President. I don't remember any other President calling other Americans 'the enemy'. The man just fucking sucks.

But he's funny.... not intentionally, I know... but that comment about having learned that he's supposed to work for ALL Americans made me laugh. The clue is in the job title. What a fucking doofus those borg elected.

That's a funny statement when Republicans have made it more than clear that they are only working for the top 20% of income earners. Blaming everything on the poor like the cons do is embarrassing to say the least, especially when conservative policies have only made life that much harder for those at the lower end.

First of all I don't love to hate anyone. Secondly, I understand the Republican agenda just fine; I was a member of the Republican Party for over 25 years before leaving it two years ago. Here is one for you to think about. The middle class and lower income earners purchase the vast majority of goods and services in this country. If they don't have decent paying jobs, then they can't purchase all those goods and services. Eventually the entire house of cards comes tumbling down because the base collapses. When the base completely collapses, those at the top will take a huge fall.

Ask why we're "So polarized" and you shall receive. The lady who believes she has a sixty per cent chance of becoming Speaker of the House again is contributing to an answer for you.
And when Senator John McCain politely asked for a chance to have Republicans contribute to the deliberations surrounding the nearly one trillion dollar Stimulus Package he was simply told "I won".

House Democrats Hold Contest To Find “Worst. Republican. Ever.”… | Weasel Zippers

Below is probably the reason for this starkest of national divisions since the Civil War. It was necessary to their plans. Commies brook no dissension to their agenda, this time labeled "The Fundamental Transformation Of America".

Full Audio Of 1998 “Redistribution” Speech: Obama Says Welfare Recipients Are A Major Voting Bloc For Liberal Politicians, Views Them As Key To Implementing Leftist Policies… | Weasel Zippers

Last edited:
Much of the problem stems from the fact that there is really nothing politicians and policy makers can do to address many of the issues facing the Nation, neither party nor political ideology has or can offer anything new.

Consequently that leaves only the wedge/hot button issues, where there are clear and distinct differences between and among the various political factions.

As far as much of MSM dropping it's ‘impartiality’ in favor of gaining ratings, ratings have always been the guiding factor with regard to all news media, not ideology. The notion of a ‘biased’ news media is therefore a myth.

The problem is that many confuse entertainment media, such as Fox ‘news’ and MSMBC, as actual journalism, which both are clearly not. Many also incorrectly perceive the news media as ‘bias’ when they report facts which conflict with political dogma.

Apparently, you are the one confused. Fox News and MSMBC both have news shows and political commentary. Most people can discern the difference.

The media is biased when they under report news that is contrary to their political biases, and over report news that supports their political biases. For instance, the lame street news failure to adequately report that the administration deliberately lied to the American people about an obvious terrorist attack. The same media that attempted to further that lie until it became completely untenable to do so.

BTW, polls show that more and more Americans have recognized those biases, and have begun to tune those news sources out.

Absolute Pubcrappe, of course- no evidence they just weren't as confused as everyone else, and honest news STILL haven't figured out what exactly happened. Doesn't stop the Pub PROPAGANDA machine from brainwashing the dupes 24/7.

Perfect example of Fox etc hate spech. Bring back the Fairness Doctrine, even if only 1 minute of truth per 1/2 hour. A disgrace, dupe.

Of course there is evidence that they were not confused. They lied, and they lied because it was politically convenient to do so. They attempted to continue that lie until it became impossible to do so and still keep a straight face. You need to pull your head out of Obama's ass long enough to get a breath of fresh air.

Obama has been lying to you for over four years now, and few of you left wingers even recognize that you are the dupes. Hope and change? Now all we can do is hope for a change.

Pub/Voodoo/Reaganist policy has BLOATED the rich, raised fees, property and local taxes, made college and health costs double just under Bush, and sent manufacturing overseas, see sig pp1.The rich are FINE, what we need is a healthy NONRICH so there's demand with resorting to buying on credit, what Pub policy reduced us to after 25 years.

Reagan hasn't been in office for over twenty years, and your talking point is just about as old and trite. Your knowledge of economics is right up there with the normal 12 year old. Grow up!

Why would you assume that a pre-existing condition is your own fault? If someone else sideswipes my car and wrecks it, why shouldn't I expect insurance?

This shouldn't even be a discussion. Healthcare, like education and defense, should be equally available to all.

I don't care if it is his 'fault' or not.

Gubmint does not exist to make life fair.

You made the ridiculous "fault" analogy with auto insurance. Healthcare and auto insurance are in no way the same.

If you don't own a car, I really don't give a shit that you don't have auto insurance. I don't pay for you. I do if you don't have health insurance.

The rest of us are ALREADY PAYING for those without insurance...in the most ineffective, inefficient and expensive way possible.

It doesn't make sense on a fiscal level and it certainly doesn't make sense on a human level.

In terms of an insurance company charging you fees to cover your risk, they are identical.

Reagan hasn't been in office for over twenty years, and your talking point is just about as old and trite. Your knowledge of economics is right up there with the normal 12 year old. Grow up!
You were very kind sir!!

What the fuck are you talking about? Where did I ever state I should be taken care of? Some of you people live in another reality, I swear.

Do you not want to be able to purchase a health insurance policy for less expense than your actuarial risk merits?

Are you really an auditor? LOL

When I was first insured, my actuarial risk was minimal. Once I developed an illness, I became expendable. Moving from one state to another should not mean a company can stop covering you. You really aren't very bright, are you?

You figure you are ... entitled to this?

That's a funny statement when Republicans have made it more than clear that they are only working for the top 20% of income earners. Blaming everything on the poor like the cons do is embarrassing to say the least, especially when conservative policies have only made life that much harder for those at the lower end.

First of all I don't love to hate anyone. Secondly, I understand the Republican agenda just fine; I was a member of the Republican Party for over 25 years before leaving it two years ago. Here is one for you to think about. The middle class and lower income earners purchase the vast majority of goods and services in this country. If they don't have decent paying jobs, then they can't purchase all those goods and services. Eventually the entire house of cards comes tumbling down because the base collapses. When the base completely collapses, those at the top will take a huge fall.

You Liberals are the least likely demographic to buy an America Union made product.

Do you feel you are... ENTITLED.. to a certain wage, regardless of the fact you buy most of your goods from Bangladesh?

And along those lines, are you expecting the conservatives to buy all the expensive, domestic manufactured goods which you liberals simply opt not to purchase?

Good examples to display polarization - not much intelligent discussion on why beyond the first page or so.

U.S. politics have typically been very ... um ... "passionate." There have been a few periods that have been a little more cordial, but I'm not sure we are that far out of whack today from where we've been over the past 240 years or so.

An interesting article from BBC. I think sites like this, Brietbart, Daily Kos and the likes of Fox and MSNBC are first and foremost among the culprits. The internet has allowed us to accomplish a great deal, but the drawbacks are becoming more apparent with each passing year. Also, much of MSM has dropped it's impartiality in favor of gaining ratings with those who want news spun their way. I don't know if it will ever get better.

Well, now I see that I have to have 15 points (whatever the hell those are) to post a link to other sites. Kinda silly. Anyway the article is on BBC's web page and is called "What happened to America's community spirit?", if some one with this ponderous posting privilege is inclined to link it.

I wonder if I can say that. :confused:
Hey Malaka. Who's the most polarizing President? Would you be surprised to learn it's the guy you worship?

RANKED: The 15 most polarizing US presidents, according to political scientists

You becha.

You are too dumb to realize who's doing the polarizing and how it benefits your side. God you're fucking stupid.

Good examples to display polarization - not much intelligent discussion on why beyond the first page or so.

U.S. politics have typically been very ... um ... "passionate." There have been a few periods that have been a little more cordial, but I'm not sure we are that far out of whack today from where we've been over the past 240 years or so.
Trump is the most polarizing

These Are the Most Polarizing Presidents (and How Donald Trump Compares)

Or is it your libs' hysterical over reaction to him, that is polarizing?

Or it was your con hysterical over reaction to Obama that is polarizing?

The reason Trump is the most polarizing is because he not only offends us liberals he also offends all the moderates and independents who didn't vote. Right now we are telling those idiots to quit complaining if they don't vote. If they want to get rid of the orange assclown then they need to show up to vote. You're side is lucky. These people are usually stupid and lazy.

NOpe. He was an asshole. That is not an hysterical overreaction.

The reason Trump is the most polarizing is because he not only offends us liberals he also offends all the moderates and independents who didn't vote. Right now we are telling those idiots to quit complaining if they don't vote. If they want to get rid of the orange assclown then they need to show up to vote. You're side is lucky. These people are usually stupid and lazy.

Yes, you should keep doing that. Keep telling those moderates who did not vote, that they are stupid and lazy. That will definitely get them on your side.

I will help. I will tell them they are smart and energetic. To make sure they don't get us confused.

Yes, you should keep doing that. Keep telling those moderates who did not vote, that they are stupid and lazy. That will definitely get them on your side.

I will help. I will tell them they are smart and energetic. To make sure they don't get us confused.
So you'll continue to lie to them. Got it.

So you'll continue to lie to them. Got it.

5b64098d5a8eade69936b8557d12729f264670fc8590aa536030f6981f2970fd.jpg

Forum List

Back