Why are trade agreements so one sided?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I don't mind free trade because I happen to own a lot of good products made in other countries but why are all of these agreements so one sided? The United States seems to give up a lot but other countries don't seem to give up anything at all. Where are all the workers and business owners in those countries who complain about how trade agreements have harmed them. They don't exist because they know that every single trade agreement has benefited their country because the United States has been an honest trader and opened the borders between us. They have not.

My other suspicion is that outsourcing is a wonderful thing for American companies that want to hire cheap labor in other countries. They really don't care if these agreements are one sided because they are going to profit a lot by them. They tell their politicians that this would be good for America but the minute people demand that these countries give up something these countries don't. This should end the conversation immediately but it doesn't because businesses that want to hire cheap labor that is plentiful in these countries keep pushing their politicians to do these agreements. Bam! Trade agreement is made and approved of by the congress.

Either the politicians are completely bought by big business, ignorant of the fact we give up more than we get, or just plain don't care anymore about American voters back home. It is kind of like a symptom of a much larger problem which is politicians who no longer think that they should represent American's first before anyone else in the entire world.

Because politicians trade away our jobs to other countries for favors and kick backs that's why. Its just that simple. They can't openly bribe other countries so this is how they make deals off the peoples radar.

• Banned
Because politicians trade away our jobs to other countries for favors and kick backs that's why. Its just that simple. They can't openly bribe other countries so this is how they make deals off the peoples radar.

I think outsourcing is a sham but I don't know if their is a lot we can do about it.

Would politicians allow China to destroy one US company or industry if China agreed to buy product from another US company or industry that just happens to make large contributions to the politicians? There you have it.

Politicians are using US jobs as a slush fund to cut deals with China, Mexico, and other countries. That is why Trump is slamming these trade deals. If you are wondering why the US would sign a trade deal that clearly fucks over workers in the US this is why, the politicians are using our jobs as a slush fund.

• Banned
Politicians are using US jobs as a slush fund to cut deals with China, Mexico, and other countries. That is why Trump is slamming these trade deals. If you are wondering why the US would sign a trade deal that clearly fucks over workers in the US this is why, the politicians are using our jobs as a slush fund.

In agreement. It seems that the people who have the most friends in washington get their industry protected while everyone else get hozed. It doesn't seem like fair competition if you ask me.

In agreement. It seems that the people who have the most friends in washington get their industry protected while everyone else get hozed. It doesn't seem like fair competition if you ask me.

Correct. Its corrupt to the core. I'm old enough to remember entire industries in the US screaming at Washington for allowing China to dump product into the US at below cost for the express purpose of bankrupting the US companies in that industry. It fell on deaf ears, Washington looked the other way and allowed China to destroy those companies. Why? Follow the money, the kick backs, and the favors. Does anyone think that China backs our proposals in the UN because they like us, no the politicians cut deals with them, jobs for going along with whatever foreign policy sanctions or actions the US is proposing. So sometimes its for the money and sometimes its for this crap, but in every case its the US workers who get fucked.

• Banned

Correct. Its corrupt to the core. I'm old enough to remember entire industries in the US screaming at Washington for allowing China to dump product into the US at below cost for the express purpose of bankrupting the US companies in that industry. It fell on deaf ears, Washington looked the other way and allowed China to destroy those companies. Why? Follow the money, the kick backs, and the favors. Does anyone think that China backs our proposals in the UN because they like us, no the politicians cut deals with them, jobs for going along with whatever foreign policy sanctions or actions the US is proposing. So sometimes its for the money and sometimes its for this crap, but in every case its the US workers who get fucked.

Your assessment seems logical.

Greed, greed, greed, greed, greed, greed, and more greed.
Power and influence, and more power and influence.
Self-service, and more self-service.

The destruction of our manufacturing base.
The destruction of the Middle Class.
Creation of a poor and dependent society.
Creation of a "One World Order".
Equalization to the lowest level. ( economically )
Concentrating power and wealth at the top.

Questions?

Your assessment seems logical.

If we don't put a stop to this our country will go belly up, we'll become Greece only nobody has enough money to bail out the USA we'll be fucked. Bernie and Trump are the only candidates who have taken a stand against this. Go back the GOP debates, Bush and Kasich argued repeatedly for the status quo on this crap when Trump brought up these trade deals. The establishment on either side doesn't want to loose is slush fund of US jobs it can trade away. Hell according to Bush the US just has to bend over and take it up the ass by China and Mexico and do nothing, he made that point in several debates.

Folks whether you are Democrat or Republican its LONG overdue to clean house in Washington that's the bottom line. Bernie dropped out which leaves only Trump.

THis is an off-topic comment but I really don't ever recall the fact that japanese products were shitty. I consider them very highly made but chinese junk is just junk. I have drill made in china and I think it only works on odd numbered days. I'm not making this up.

It's called free market capitalism kids, it's what the right has been championing my whole life. It's nice that some of you are finally waking up to it, unfortunately you are about 40 years too late.

Forum List

Back