Why are the R lynching Michael Steele?

Nice post, Angel. I guess I don't look at it as pushing a 'belief' that I have on someone else. It is not a 'belief', it is accepted in our society that murder is wrong, and I simply see it as murder.

That is the problem with belief.. it becomes engrained that the belief is the ONLY TRUE way to be. Leaves little room for understanding of your fellow man. Also.. if you are religious at all.. God says He is the final judge of man's sin so as long as your life is lived well what does it matter to you if your neighbor sins so long as it is not with you or against you? The baby is up.. have to get back to his flash cards and reading. ^_^

There are absolute rights and there are absolute wrongs, killing an innocent baby is wrong, there isn't any 'belief' in there. I also think that a woman will pay her own personal ramifications after killing her own child, but I don't care about the woman, I care about the innocent child being murdered.

Some people do not agree that life begins at conception. Why is that? Well, let's examine for a second. Everyone wants to view this through the abortion lens, but let's take it out of there for now.

Miscarriages happen all the time. How do we react when a 1 month pregnancy ends in a miscarriage? Are we conducting funerals for the dead baby? If life begins at conception, we surely would be doing that. Why on Earth wouldn't we? The answer is that the only time people believe this is during an abortion debate.

I find that Justice O'Connor's position on abortion is the most logical. Boiled down (if you want to read what she actually says, feel free to find it), she says, if you can take separate the baby from the mother and it can live, it's a baby. If you can't, it isn't. Now as technology increases, the time that can be done is earlier and earlier, but the fact of the line remains.

And a child may contract terminal cancer at the age of 2 and sadly die, but that doesn't make it okay to murder him or her. That is what I see as the rationalization that you provided. I also think it's hypocritical that our society will charge someone with 2 murders when a pregnant woman is murdered as well. The validity of whether the child is considered a life or not is based entirely on whether or not the mother feels it is a life. It either is or it isn't, you can't have it both ways.

You're kind of all over the spectrum here, but pretty close to the truth. Do you have a political leaning? I don't really pick one up from your post.

Leo Strauss is my hero -- father of the neocons. He subscribes to the anti-Democratic, Platonic notion that the wise should rule and the rabble should be drugged with fear, religion, and patriotism.

For example: I believe we needed to increase our military footprint in the Middle East because of its geopolitical significance. In order to sell this kind of policy, you have to lie to the homophobic, GED, Red State folks, i.e., you have to frame your message in simplistic Biblical Terms -- "fighting evil doers". Let me state for the record: the United States of America is not afraid of 15 men with box cutters or old crippled men living in Pakistani mud holes. That was merely food for the idiots. And we have no interest in a Democratic Iraq. We have an interest in an Iraq which protects our regional interests. Period.

We are king of the jungle and our economy requires cheap natural resources and cheap labor markets. The point of our military is not to defend against bad people, but to expand/control/protect a global system which benefits us (very often at the expense of others, whose territory has things we need). If you got a problem with that, than drive to your next Greenpeace rally in a hemp-fueled car. Otherwise, stand back and let the real men do what needs to be done. Let the woman and children worry about box cutters and homosexual marriage -- let them hide under their beds. The men have work to do.

I don't apologize for having less than 1/5th of the world's population but using over 25% of her resources. And I'm not going to sugar-coat it by talking about "Spreading Democracy". We didn't forge a 50 year partnership with the ruthless Saudis and other terrorist petro-states because we care about democracy. We don't allow China to underwrite our economy because we care about human rights.

I love it when hippies complain about the network of third world sweatshops that keep our consumer goods cheap. Life is a jungle and sometimes you have to play hardball. Big animals eat little animals. Humans are the biggest, baddest animal ever created. Our mission is not to make the world a better place, but to maintain our lifestyle by militarily securing the cheapest possible resources (labor/material), while at the same time convincing woman and children that we're saving the world. Welcome to politics. This is what Great Empires have always done. They never talk about about the dirty work done in the outlying colonies. The reason we replaced the democratically elected Mosaddeq with the ruthless Shaw was because the Shaw was willing to sell his country down river on behalf of Western energy interests. The Shaw was our corruptible tool for greasing the wheels of petro-colonialism. Am I happy about this? No. But I'm not going to lie to myself about it, or start listening to Hannity, who feeds morons patriotic garbage about the "Redeemer Nation". Let's face it: courageous men like Bush and Chaney do our dirty work, while the pundit'ocracy covers-up how the pig gets turned into the sausage.

God didn't give the Lion claws and sharp teeth so he could spread democracy. Nature is not fair, and we are of nature.

Deal with it. Stop justifying the blood spilled on behalf of your lifestyle. Stop mythologizing it. We are selfish brutes and we do bad things. Survival is contact sport. Humans kill more livings than any other life form. Own it. Enjoy your slice of the Global pie, but please, please stop telling me how great we are.

Last edited:
You're kind of all over the spectrum here, but pretty close to the truth. Do you have a political leaning? I don't really pick one up from your post.

1) Steele lacks the mojo for the front of the house.

2) Sara Palin was a stunt -- she was used to throw the election. Had the GOP taken the country from Gingrich/Clinton prosperity to Great Depression II, and still been in office while their policies came home to roost, they would have lost the presidency in 2012 (badly), and, more importantly, the Dems would have a filibuster proof margin in the Senate, with the largest House majority in history. The country would be looking at another liberal era, like 1945-1980.

McCain literally had no choice. If the GOP had the presidency right now, it would have bankrupted them for the long term. I applaud the GOP's choice. They put Obama and the Dems in a financial black hole from which they will not escape. Gingrich is poised to re-take Washington in 2012, and the GOP can go back to the politics of terrorism -- a necessary front for the continued defunding the middle class.

Leo Strauss is my hero -- father of the neocons. He subscribes to the anti-Democratic, Platonic notion that the wise should rule and the rabble should be drugged with fear, religion, and patriotism.

For example: I believe we needed to increase our military footprint in the Middle East because of its geopolitical significance. In order to sell this kind of policy, you have to lie to the homophobic, GED, Red State folks, i.e., you have to frame your message in simplistic Biblical Terms -- "fighting evil doers". Let me state for the record: the United States of America is not afraid of 15 men with box cutters or old crippled men living in Pakistani mud holes. That was merely food for the idiots. And we have no interest in a Democratic Iraq. We have an interest in an Iraq which protects our regional interests. Period.

We are king of the jungle and our economy requires cheap natural resources and cheap labor markets. The point of our military is not to defend against bad people, but to expand/control/protect a global system which benefits us (very often at the expense of others, whose territory has things we need). If you got a problem with that, than drive to your next Greenpeace rally in a hemp-fueled car. Otherwise, stand back and let the real men do what needs to be done. Let the woman and children worry about box cutters and homosexual marriage -- let them hide under their beds. The men have work to do.

I don't apologize for having less than 1/5th of the world's population but using over 25% of her resources. And I'm not going to sugar-coat it by talking about "Spreading Democracy". We didn't forge a 50 year partnership with the ruthless Saudis and other terrorist petro-states because we care about democracy. We don't allow China to underwrite our economy because we care about human rights.

I love it when hippies complain about the network of third world sweatshops that keep our consumer goods cheap. Life is a jungle and sometimes you have to play hardball. Big animals eat little animals. Humans are the biggest, baddest animal ever created. Our mission is not make the world a better place, but to maintain our lifestyle by militarily securing the cheapest possible resources (labor/material), while at the same time convincing woman and children that we're saving the world. Welcome to politics. This is what all Great Empire have done. They never talk about about the dirty work done in the outlying colonies. The reason we replaced the democratically elected Mosaddeq with the ruthless Shaw was because the Shaw was willing to sell his country down river on behalf of Western energy interests. The Shaw was our corruptible tool for greasing the wheels of petro-colonialism. Am I happy about this? No. But I'm not going to lie to myself about it, or start listening to Hannity, who feeds morons patriotic garbage about the "Redeemer Nation". Let's face it: courageous men like Bush and Chaney get things done, while the pundit'ocracy covers-up how the pig gets turned into the sausage.

God didn't give the Lion claws and sharp teeth so he could spread democracy. Nature is not fair, and we are of nature.

Deal with it. Stop justifying the blood spilled on behalf of your lifestyle. Stop mythologizing it. We are selfish brutes and we do bad things. Survival is contact sport. Humans kill more livings than any other life form. Own it. Enjoy your slice of the Global pie, but please, please stop telling me how great we are.

I see... so... those damn, good for nothing, women and children just need to get out the way of the men and shut up according to you aye?

Aaahh... Jill, you agree with that?

Last edited:
"The protection of private personality, like the protection of life, is left primarily to the individual States under the Ninth and Tenth Amendment."
- Rosenblatt v. Baer, 383 U.S. 75, 92 (1996)

Forum List

Back