Why are the R lynching Michael Steele?

Why are the R lyn]ching Michael Steele?

this isn't rocket science.

1) Steele insulted "He who must be obeyed" - fat ass limbaugh, the leader of the GOP base

2) He made pro-choice comments about women's reproductive biology.

3) He's a fucking idiot. Making a play for the hip-hop vote?? :lol:

1) Steele insulted "He who must be obeyed" - fat ass limbaugh, the leader of the GOP base

He also claims that gays have no choice but to be gay.

I don't think he's an idiot, and apart from his shaky deals with his sister, I think his main problem is that he's more of a conservative than the FAUX cons that run the GOP. The GOP really has no use for conservatives.

I was astounded when I heard that Steele had the stones to say what he said.

There's hope for the GOP, yet.

I wonder, I seriously wonder, what's happening in the shadows in the corridors of powwer, right now.

Could this be a serious coupe d' etat of the East coast Republican bluebloods to take back the GOP from the religious right which are, I think, really based on the American South and Southwest?

Is power poltical power shifting back to the NorthEast for the Rs and Northern Midwest for the Ds, or is this and Obama's winning the Ds just coincidence?

I cannot believe that a man like Steele accidently started a firestorm in the GOP.

And let's face it, the East Coast moderate Republicans must be sick to death of taking marching orders from the newbies (from their perspecitive) that seem to have taken over the R party in the last thirty years or so.

He said it was a personal choice of the states, which it is! People might try to state the due process clause of the 5th and 14th amendment of the constitution to protect the life of an unborn child, but I don't by that argument. Rather I prescribe to the 10th amendment , "The powers not delegated to the United States, by the constitution nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States or the people!

Prohibition on abortion is not allowed or prohibited in the constitution, therefore, for the originalist who like Scalia's philosophy (although Scalia himself rarely follows it), then you have to agree with Steele!

Last edited:
Lynching?

You are a race baiter! And, a liar!

I might be race baiting, but I am not a liar! What can I say I am a fan of Steele and would actually like to case my vote this time instead of voting for the lesser evil! I was excited when Steele became the chairman, because I thought he would use it as a launching pad to run in 2012!

He has might vote, that is if Mitt Romney isn't running!

Provide proof that Steele has been lynched. or you are a liar.

He rightful goes against the elitist Rush bimbo! The republicans started to attack him on everything, from the way he is organizing, to the interviews he was giving to his viewpoints (which they loved not to long ago). Now they are attacking him for saying that he believe abortion should be an individual right of the States! In the same interview he also said Roe v. Wade was wrongly decided! Yet now Steele is unjustifiably be characterized as a liberal baby killer!

If Republicans rather have complete idiots like Sarah Palin and George Bush representing them, fine! But do come crying back in 2010 and 2012, when the Democrats take 70% of the house and senate and then call for a constitutional convention and change some fundamental rights, particularly the 2nd amendment (yet they won't change a part that needs changing - aka the birthright clause of the 14th amendment)!

Last edited:
And let's face it, the East Coast moderate Republicans must be sick to death of taking marching orders from the newbies (from their perspecitive) that seem to have taken over the R party in the last thirty years or so.
I think most are! The east coast moderate Republicans, as you call them, prefer to concentrate on the economy, cutting spending, cutting taxes and making the US more competitive and attractive in the global economy. Yet the party is highjacked by the religious right that wants to concentrate on abortion and gay marriage!

I wonder, I seriously wonder, what's happening in the shadows in the corridors of powwer, right now.

Could this be a serious coupe d' etat of the East coast Republican bluebloods to take back the GOP from the religious right which are, I think, really based on the American South and Southwest?

Is power poltical power shifting back to the NorthEast for the Rs and Northern Midwest for the Ds, or is this and Obama's winning the Ds just coincidence?

I cannot believe that a man like Steele accidently started a firestorm in the GOP.

If the East Coast, country club Repubs take over the party its a complete and utter capitulation. The Republican party will be relegated to the scrap heap of history as "also rans." The country doesn't need two flavors of Democrat party - Full strength and decaf. If there are only going to be two parties then they actually have to stand for different things.

I don't think he's an idiot, and apart from his shaky deals with his sister, I think his main problem is that he's more of a conservative than the FAUX cons that run the GOP. The GOP really has no use for conservatives.

I'm not sure what steele is, other than a political opportunist. He flip flops more than John McCain or Mitt Romney.

First he said he supported choice for women. Then he backpedaled and said he supported a constitutional ban on abortion.

He said rush limbaugh was hateful, then he went on bended knee to apologize to fat ass.

I think steele is prone to sticking his foot in his mouth, and then flip flopping to please the right wing base and curry favor with them.

I think most are! The east coast moderate Republicans, as you call them, prefer to concentrate on the economy, cutting spending, cutting taxes and making the US more competitive and attractive in the global economy. Yet the party is highjacked by the religious right that wants to concentrate on abortion and gay marriage!

You clearly don't know anything about East Coast republicans. They are tax and spend liberals with an R after their name instead of a D. You can look to "SpecCollSnow" as an example (Spector, Collins and Snow) but you can go back through history to see further examples from those great tax and spend liberal republicans from the past from Rhode Island (Chaffee), from Connecticut and New York....I'll spare the list of names. Those from New Hampshire have generally been the exception.

While I'm no fan of the RR, the answer is not liberal eastern repubs. The answer is a diminution of the power of the religious right to roughly the current status of liberal left in the repub party. Re-emphasis on fiscal, foreign and national security policies and de-emphasis of controversial social policy while re-emphasizing non-controversial pro-family policies.

I'm not sure what steele is, other than a political opportunist. He flip flops more than John McCain or Mitt Romney.

First he said he supported choice for women. Then he backpedaled and said he supported a constitutional ban on abortion.

He said rush limbaugh was hateful, then he went on bended knee to apologize to fat ass.

I think steele is prone to sticking his foot in his mouth, and then flip flopping to please the right wing base and curry favor with them.

you might be right. or perhaps he's a true conservative and is rational and says what he thinks. unfortunately, rational and saying what you think doesn't work so well for the repub party as it currently exists.

maybe he can swim against the tide... or change it. who knows?

Lynching?

You are a race baiter! And, a liar!

I might be race baiting, but I am not a liar! What can I say I am a fan of Steele and would actually like to case my vote this time instead of voting for the lesser evil! I was excited when Steele became the chairman, because I thought he would use it as a launching pad to run in 2012!

He has might vote, that is if Mitt Romney isn't running!

Provide proof that Steele has been lynched. or you are a liar.

Right from american thinker! Activist are calling him a Democratic plant! This is the man that actively campaigned for McCain. This is the man that went on Bill Maher and stood up for Sarah Palin to a very very harsh crowd.

He critized Rush! What horror! Rush the hypocrite elistist windbag, how dare he! He has been harsh on the party and conservatives. Word to the Republicans, they just got bushwacked in 2 Congressional elections and in the Presidental election! The economy went to absolute shit on their watch! If he didn't critize the established Republican party, then he would lose creditability!

American Thinker Blog: Steele Resignation Watch
Activists remain unconvinced and well they should be. Steele's public performance the last few weeks has been so bad, one begins to wonder if he is a Democratic plant. He certainly talks about Republicans like a Democrat sometimes. His comments about Limbaugh, about the party , about conservatives have been harsh at times - far beyond any constructive criticism and echoes some of the talking points used by Democrats.

you might be right. or perhaps he's a true conservative and is rational and says what he thinks. unfortunately, rational and saying what you think doesn't work so well for the repub party as it currently exists.

maybe he can swim against the tide... or change it. who knows?

He might be a "true" conservative, whatever that means. But I can only judge him on what he says or does. Maybe he's a cowardly moderate, who is constantly letting moderate things slip out of his mouth, and then having to grovel before the rightwing base and apologize.

either way, he's unprincipled and a coward. It sounds to me like he's the worst kind of political opportunist. If he supports choice for women, he should have some balls sti.ck to it.

Both fair comments!

Unfair and uncalled for comments worthy of a negative rep!

What you folks on the left don't understand is that many Repubs hold a much more nuanced position on abortion than the lefties do. What Steele said about abortion is consistent. He didn't say he favor a Constitutional ban, he said he favored overturning Roe. There is a difference. With Roe overturned, the question devolves to the states to choose whether the attitudes and morals of their states are consistent with offering abortion services and if so what the nature and character of those services will be. This is where Steele and many other Repubs feel the decision should be made. Instead of having 9 lawyers in Washington decide what's best for every community in the whole US.

That said, living close to Maryland, where Steele was Lt. Gov., I've had an opportunity to listen to him over the years. I've been underwhelmed by him. I wish him the best, but I've had questions about his adherence to Conservative principles through the years.

:lol:

GHOOK93 responds with neg rep.....

Comment:

Unfair and uncalled for comments worthy of a negative rep!

:lol: Hey bro, why so sensitive and thin skinned? Is steele your boyfriend or something?

Yeah, you are right, RD...he is a coward for dancing around and apologizing. An actual conservative would have told Rush to blow it out his ass and wouldn't have apologized for having actual conservative views.

That is a dishonest comment at best! :evil:

Taken out of context, he said its an individual right of the STATES!

He should have kept to his guns. You can fault him for this!

Steele also said homosexuals can no more stop being homosexual than he can stop being black. the equation of sexuality and race goes against everything the GOP has espoused for years.

Interesting analysis of yours, though. I suspect the eastern intellectual repubs ARE going to try to get the party back and re-create it in the image of people like rockefeller and javits or maybe even goldwater, etc. Whether they can do that is an entirely different question since, if you look at the repubs who kept their seats in the last election, they are the far right, southern, religious right republicans.

Steele is either brilliant or hugely stupid and about to be tossed on his keester.

If Steele is tossed, then the Repuyblican party is doomed to become marginalized by the most radical elements of its party, I suspect.

It would be like if the Dems elected to put me in charge of it, only without any intellectual horsepower driving the issues.

What you folks on the left don't understand is that many Repubs hold a much more nuanced position on abortion than the lefties do. What Steele said about abortion is consistent. He didn't say he favor a Constitutional ban, he said he favored overturning Roe. There is a difference. With Roe overturned, the question devolves to the states to choose whether the attitudes and morals of their states are consistent with offering abortion services and if so what the nature and character of those services will be. This is where Steele and many other Repubs feel the decision should be made. Instead of having 9 lawyers in Washington decide what's best for every community in the whole US.

That said, living close to Maryland, where Steele was Lt. Gov., I've had an opportunity to listen to him over the years. I've been underwhelmed by him. I wish him the best, but I've had questions about his adherence to Conservative principles through the years.

bullshit.

If the East Coast, country club Repubs take over the party its a complete and utter capitulation. The Republican party will be relegated to the scrap heap of history as "also rans." The country doesn't need two flavors of Democrat party - Full strength and decaf. If there are only going to be two parties then they actually have to stand for different things.

I can understand that complaint because in some ways I think you're exactly right.

But if the east coat bluyebloods lose their grasp of that party, then it is a party of clueless populists who think that Rush Limbough has a clue about anything but how to stoke the fires of liberal hatred.

He doesn't know shit and the Republican party will die a slightly different death if HE take charge of it.

The Republicans unholy alliance of the the blueblood Republicans elitists, and the populist bible thumping neocons was never very stable to be begin with.

As we're witnessing right now.
\

Steele also said homosexuals can no more stop being homosexual than he can stop being black. the equation of sexuality and race goes against everything the GOP has espoused for years.

Interesting analysis of yours, though. I suspect the eastern intellectual repubs ARE going to try to get the party back and re-create it in the image of people like rockefeller and javits or maybe even goldwater, etc. Whether they can do that is an entirely different question since, if you look at the repubs who kept their seats in the last election, they are the far right, southern, religious right republicans.

Steele is either brilliant or hugely stupid and about to be tossed on his keester.

If Steele is tossed, then the Repuyblican party is doomed to become marginalized by the most radical elements of its party, I suspect.

It would be like if the Dems elected to put me in charge of it, only without any intellectual horsepower driving the issues.

It would depend on what he was replaced with. If he is tossed and replaced by a Social Cons, then I would agree. I don't mind what Steele has been saying on the social issue and I think Repubs would do well to avoid taking strong stances on most of the controversial ones. They are too divisive and too distracting. They should adopt moderate, pro-family stances to the right of the Dems on those issues. That would force the hand of the soc. cons. because, where else are they going to go?

Having said that, we don't need two Dem parties. The Repubs have to adopt clearly distinctive positions on the issues. If not, they should fold up their tent and close the party.

Forum List

Back