Obama Saying the Right Things Today

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Watching him speak to the CoC today and I gotta say, I like the content of what is being said.

Granted, he is standing before a very pro-business crowd, but the overall scope of the president's statements were sound. Whether or not he follows through with considering lowering the corporate tax rate, giving credits to American business who stay here, etc. remains to be seen.

Certainly the Cap n Trade plan will inflict great harm on many businesses and cause them to leave (hello India, China, Mexico, etc) but maybe - just maybe - Obama is starting to see what his previous words and actions have inflicted on the economic confidence of the country.

Man I hope so.

But as far as his words today, I say good job Mr. President - and please-oh-please actually follow through...

I'm happy for 3 days in a row the Dow was positive and over 7k.

He needs to dump 'cap & trade' it will REALLY hurt the little guy.

Indeed. It will be interesting to see how Congress ultimately goes with this. Look at card check, not doing so well. Believe it or not, they have to listen to their constituents.

I am for dumping cap and trade. Simply make a list of all the high CO2 emitting and high pollution generation plants, and, starting with the dirtiest, set up a 20 year shutdown list. The dirtiest 5% next at the end of 2010, ect.

If he'll do it is the question? Lower taxes, insteading of talking about higher taxes. Especially corporate tax rates -- those have to come down to stimulate the private sector, & he shouldn't be wanting to raise capital gains taxes. That is extremely conterproductive to the market--plus it's a fact that lower capital gains taxes bring more tax revenue! He should know that already he was buried with that fact on one of his debates with Hillary Clinton.

And STOP THIS nonsense SPENDING. I'll bet he'll have more problems with his own party--over these issues than anyone else. If he continues with this cap & trade & causes "everyone's" electric bill to skyrocket--he's not going to be very popular.

Last edited:
4 days in a row with green! Not a bull run, but better than in a long time.

And STOP THIS nonsense SPENDING. I'll bet he'll have more problems with his own party--over these issues than anyone else.

Are you crazy? This liberal Congress LOVES to spend the rich man's dollar. The only Democrat who would have opposed his spending was removed from the floor when he assigned her as his Secretary of State.

Forum List

Back