Why are some so Anti GW?

They didn't have to get together and cook anything up.

This is what happens when you let internal politics trump hard evidence.

If you remember, Galileo failed "peer review".
It's called, trying to keep the grant money flowing for the least amount of work possible. Then political opportunists like Algore got ahold of it and went berzerk. Then those who saw this as a tool to further their anti-humanist agenda latched on to drive the engine forward.

This was not a grand conspiracy of any time. This wasn't even a unified conspiracy. This was a collection of small conspiracies merging together till they became a miasma of greed, avarice, powerlust and insanity all wrapped up in a nice green package.

The worst part is that those who truly believed without being party to any of the manipulations and really DID want to help the world are the ones getting burned. They've been so inured by lies created for individual causes that got wrapped up in this wad of crap it will take years for some of them to be able to pull their head out from betwixt their nether cheeks and see sunlight again.

That's some of the real cost there. But at least they'll never trust these hucksters again.

And guess what? They'd make money from speaking about whatever their research was.
Not if their demographic is so small as to only contain those who know about the subject. When hyperbole make it to the mainstream, the demographic is huge. You are naive.

What's naive is you think all these respected researchers got together in a room and cooked up a plot to commit a massive fraud for the sake of a few more pennies in speaking fees.
What the fuck are you talking about? Where did I ever say anything close to any of what you just posted? You are using your trademark intellectually lazy strawmen again. Moron.

Last edited:
People aren't "anti-global warming" ... what we are, people who want facts and the whole picture not just "feel good" garbage. Luckily we are also the people willing to question everything the politicians do ... since they seem so into this global warming con, so we can stop their ignorance from destroying what's left of our economy.

Many people are rabidly fixated on being anti Globull Warming.

I personally believe Globull Warming is happening.
And I believe we are contributing to it.
I do not believe in Cap and charade.
Just Cap if we are going to do anything.

Can't you be against Cap and Charade and still believe Globull Warming exists?

Yes. I personally would like to see a program of shutting down the worst polluters first, then gradually all fossil fuel generating station in the space of a decade.

Cap and Trade did work on sulphate emmissions. However, the European version on CO2 emmissions has not worked at all.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. If we continue as we are, in a very short time we will find where the tipping points are. It won't be fun.

Yes. I personally would like to see a program of shutting down the worst polluters first, then gradually all fossil fuel generating station in the space of a decade.

Cap and Trade did work on sulphate emmissions. However, the European version on CO2 emmissions has not worked at all.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. If we continue as we are, in a very short time we will find where the tipping points are. It won't be fun.
Good.

Turn off your computer and go pawn it...Hypocrite.

Not if their demographic is so small as to only contain those who know about the subject. When hyperbole make it to the mainstream, the demographic is huge. You are naive.

What's naive is you think all these respected researchers got together in a room and cooked up a plot to commit a massive fraud for the sake of a few more pennies in speaking fees.
What the fuck are you talking about? Where did I ever say anything close to any of what you just posted? You are using your trademark intellectually lazy strawmen again. Moron.

Damn, look who is talking.

People aren't "anti-global warming" ... what we are, people who want facts and the whole picture not just "feel good" garbage. Luckily we are also the people willing to question everything the politicians do ... since they seem so into this global warming con, so we can stop their ignorance from destroying what's left of our economy.
This is why I always ask others against what I am 'anti' or what I am denying. Nine times out of ten I don't get an answer, and when I do get one, it has yet to be anywhere close to anything I have said.

Some just hate valid information.

Last edited:

Good.

Turn off your computer and go pawn it...Hypocrite.

Ah Dooodeee....... You say the nicest things:eusa_whistle:

You think strawmen are logical, obviously. I am not surprised at all.

They didn't have to get together and cook anything up.

This is what happens when you let internal politics trump hard evidence.

If you remember, Galileo failed "peer review".
It's called, trying to keep the grant money flowing for the least amount of work possible. Then political opportunists like Algore got ahold of it and went berzerk. Then those who saw this as a tool to further their anti-humanist agenda latched on to drive the engine forward.

This was not a grand conspiracy of any time. This wasn't even a unified conspiracy. This was a collection of small conspiracies merging together till they became a miasma of greed, avarice, powerlust and insanity all wrapped up in a nice green package.

The worst part is that those who truly believed without being party to any of the manipulations and really DID want to help the world are the ones getting burned. They've been so inured by lies created for individual causes that got wrapped up in this wad of crap it will take years for some of them to be able to pull their head out from betwixt their nether cheeks and see sunlight again.

That's some of the real cost there. But at least they'll never trust these hucksters again.

Very, very good. The scientists, for grants that don't cover the lunch money for energy company CEOs create a vast global warming conspriracy.

You are an idiot. Global warming is an observed phenomonem. The Ice Caps are melting in Greenland and Antarctica. The North Polar Cap is where we thought it would be in 2050 right now. The permafrost in North America and Siberia is emmitting huge amount of CO2 and CH4. These used to be sinks, not emmitters. We are now seeing ocean clathrates emmitting in the Arctic Ocean and the North Atlantic.

Whatever you make of the e-mails, it does not change these facts.

You think strawmen are logical, obviously. I am not surprised at all.

And you talk out of your ass, and say nothing at all.

:lol::lol: AS an innocent bystander, some claim that others speak out of their lower 'Orifice of Knowledge', no wonder I have to wear Hazmat boots in some of the threads. :lol:

I certainly like those who are up front, frank,and 'waste not' a .98¢ word when a .19¢ one works just 'phine' :clap2:

Yes, of course you can believe in global warming and still object on Cap and trade.

I do.

Cap and Trade is going to become an indulgences system that will actually ALLOW polluting for those with money.

And the costs associated with it will be passed on to the people who don't pollute.

The wealthy will write off the cost of cap and trade, but the people will have to pay for it out of pocket.

Cap and charade...that's very good, BTW. Very fitting

I'm stealing it.

GloBull warming?

Not so good.

Cap and trade;

To metamorphisise pollution into a commodity that wealthy nations can afford to buy and poor nations can not afford to produce.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Last edited:
i want the earth to warm. i hate winter. what i am against is idiots like obama who think they can control the climate. and the answer to liberals is always new taxes.

I would... whaaaaa?????:eek: You want to shut down AALLLL fossil fuels inside of 10 years?????:cuckoo: Why oh why did you take the red pill?

Do you have any realization what kind of catastrophic event that would be? Have you even worked through some basic logistics of what would happen to the world if this was done?:banghead:

This is kook level insanity! Pre fossil fuel cultures is the 1600's! You don't even get COAL! You're burning wood for heat, not solar, because you have no ability to make plastic anymore cause you've banned the use of fossil fuels. Just looking at the logistics and consequences of pulling this madness off should reveal how completely bankrupt this theory is intellectually and have every sane person running from it, screaming and frothing in fear.:slap:

Starvation and disease will become rampant across the world till the world population is reduced back towards a much smaller level. Billions will die. This is a positive? How the hell are you going to prevent this from happening if you DID such an insane thing?:ack-1:

Thank you for exemplifying why the root of environMENTALism is nihilistic/suicidal insanity that is completely anti-human, anti-civilization and makes Mad King Ludd look like a piker.:disbelief:

<><><>

You state that cap and trade worked on sulfur emissions. All I know is that they've been banned in the US. The mechanics of this, I've not scrutinized. That said, I cannot think of one POSITIVE or NEUTRAL benefit of the unregulated venting of the stuff. No animal or plant uses the stuff to my knowledge. To compare the two is a false argument in a vain attempt to legitimize insanity.

<><><>

Blah! Tipping point my Aunt Fanny. I remember being in HIGH SCHOOL in the 1980's and seeing "we will run out of gas in 10 years if we don't stop eating meat" <pant..pant>!! Horsecrap. The history of the human race is quite good at finding the NEXT level of energy. There is an entire system of negative feedback built into the world structure to help motivate us to transfer over... it's called THE MARKETPLACE! Dun Dun DUNNNNN!!!!

Yes! Crazy as it may seem, when something gets harder to get... and more expensive to produce, the price of the product goes up. This puts pressure on people to start asking the question "what other options are there for CHEAP energy"? This is just the basic quest for efficiency, nothing more. The most use out of the least resources. It's a marvelous thing. Now sooooo many environazis throw on layers of conspiracy on how this is not the case, but you know what? That's their own psychosis filtering through basic economic laws in an effort to cover up aspects of reality they don't like.

This is also why green energy and renewable sources currently out there are miserable failures! They are NOT more efficient. They are not less expensive. The technology to make these dreams (which is at MINIMUM a 75 years away) possible and real has not been invented yet because we do not have the technological capability. To force the world on to something that is as stable as a log raft in a Lake Superior gale bodes of certain destruction for all on board.

So what will make green energy viable? Profitability and proof it can be produced cheaper than current forms of energy. WHEN that happens you will see mankind shift to it en masse, but it will not move before then, nor should it. You cannot change the foundations of society on a fucking whim of nuts who Feeeeellll bad about the way society works.

You know what the most sane thing you can do if you want to get rid of Oil in the space of a decade??? Invent something better. People will make you a trillionaire and you will have accomplished it's goal. Fill the mantra of "Bigger, better, faster, cheaper" and you will succeed. Till then. You're nuts to demand the change.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back