Why are some so Anti GW?

Many people are rabidly fixated on being anti Globull Warming.

I personally believe Globull Warming is happening.
And I believe we are contributing to it.
I do not believe in Cap and charade.
Just Cap if we are going to do anything.

Can't you be against Cap and Charade and still believe Globull Warming exists?

I don't think people are rabidly against global warming----they are rabidly against the hysteria generated by those who will profit from it.

O please. That's complete rubbish. Newsflash: researchers working at universities aren't make money off of it.
True. Their research is not for profit at all. But if you think faculty do not make money in other ways (investments, consulting, speaking fees, expert testimony, etc.), you are naive.

If the Penn State Alums get their way, Michael Mann will be looking very soon.

O please. That's complete rubbish. Newsflash: researchers working at universities aren't make money off of it.
News flash: "Researchers" working at universities don't have to go out and get real jobs as long as they perpetrate the hoax.
It's a bit more than that. As long as they have a prospectus for some sort of research, their jobs are secured. However, most in academia, particularly at a research institution, are in it for the glory. Research that gets such press is quite glorious. Predicting doom will get the attention of the mainstream press. Name recognition associated with that will make their consulting business boom. And, they will be flooded with board position offers, just for example.

Last edited:
The message is suspect also. There is no sound scientific evidence that long term global warming is occurring. No one has the scientific wherewithal or understanding to make such a claim based on the short period that warming did occur.

That's just absolutely false.

Warming pretty much stopped in 1998. At least any significant warming. The warming that occurred was a short spike of about 1/3 of a degree in about 15 years.

This is also false. While 1998 was the hottest year on record (although according to some studies, 2005 was hotter), warming isn't a constant upward movement year after year. It's a sharp upward trend over time.

What is true is that there is no scientific PROOF that any 'warming' trend that is taking place is something that is outside of historic cycles of the Earth over EONS of history... nor is their any proof that any warming during the very brief period of our accurate record keeping has anything to do with what humans have done...

And pardon me.. but 11 or so years that have shown a downward trend from the previous 10 or 20 is significant....

While it is great to pollute less and find more efficient ways for production, waste disposal, etc... this whole man-made global warming hooplah is hand-crafted BS perpetrated by power hungry agenda mongers, and followed by a flock of chicken-littles

Cause and effect. Climate change may have many causes, there are many variables to consider, but, one of them is not the temperature outside your front door on any given day.
Is one cause of climate change human behavior? Yes, without a doubt [ever hear of SMOG?).

I hear that the alums have already been slamming PSU with letters calling for his ouster.
Yep. I heard that too. I doubt even tenure will save his kiester from meeting the boot. Potential criminal charges have a habit of doing that.

I doubt he'll make Ward Churchill look like a piker, but it'd be close.

The message is suspect also. There is no sound scientific evidence that long term global warming is occurring. No one has the scientific wherewithal or understanding to make such a claim based on the short period that warming did occur.

That's just absolutely false.

Warming pretty much stopped in 1998. At least any significant warming. The warming that occurred was a short spike of about 1/3 of a degree in about 15 years.

This is also false. While 1998 was the hottest year on record (although according to some studies, 2005 was hotter), warming isn't a constant upward movement year after year. It's a sharp upward trend over time.

He ADMITS that there has been no increase in temperatures for 11 years and still claims we are in a Global warming event. The event that scared the scientists was only 15 years long and we have now had 11 years of no increases.

So the right has finally fulfilled their longtime goal of discreding the scientific community?

So the right has finally fulfilled their longtime goal of discreding the scientific community?
No, a whistle blower has exposed a couple of political hucksters in the guise of scientists. Their scheme is now open to scrutiny and the depth of their fraud, conspiracy and treachery is visible to everyone.

I'm just kicking back and waiting to see them, and Algore get frog-marched into the back of an FBI SUV.

What a cheery thought.

No, a whistle blower has exposed a couple of political hucksters in the guise of scientists. Their scheme is now open to scrutiny and the depth of their fraud, conspiracy and treachery is visible to everyone.

I'm just kicking back and waiting to see them, and Algore get frog-marched into the back of an FBI SUV.

What a cheery thought.
It goes way deeper than a couple of hucksters. A lot of other "scientists" have reviewed their information and signed off on its veracity.

This is the exposure of a major incestuous circle jerk within the AGW huckster clique.

What a cheery thought.
It goes way deeper than a couple of hucksters. A lot of other "scientists" have reviewed their information and signed off on its veracity.

This is the exposure of a major incestuous circle jerk within the AGW huckster clique.
I know. There's been a lot of racketeering in this from those who stood to have significant financial gain by keeping the lie going. Not to mention the peer pressure to overlook severe discrepancies. Face it... being cut out of the chancellor's dinner or the Georgetown Cocktail circuit is a serious threat to some of these sycophants.

I don't think this is going to stop with Mann and these few. I think with the class action lawsuit aimed at Algore by a group of scientists and climatologists, plus now the demands for an investigation of NASA as well coming up, they're going to need mass graves and furnaces to deal with the scientific body count. Can't wait to see the FBI's Organized Crime unit called in on it, for that's what this is: organized crime.

When the scientific method is deliberately corrupted for the sake of politics, it is no longer science, it is propaganda and religion for it denies what IS for the sake of what someone believes "IT SHOULD BE".

I hear that the alums have already been slamming PSU with letters calling for his ouster.

Yep. I heard that too. I doubt even tenure will save his kiester from meeting the boot. Potential criminal charges have a habit of doing that.

I doubt he'll make Ward Churchill look like a piker, but it'd be close.
Do you two have a link to where you heard this? I would like to see the debate on that. It should be interesting because I bet the 'academic freedom' card will be played if it gets more serious. That should be a hoot as there is no basis for it in this matter. This smacks of lack of both academic and scientific integrity.

You may be able to find a podcast from the radio show I heard it off of. I can't remember if it was Glenn Beck or the Chris Baker show off of KTLK fm. It was near the beginning of one or end of the other.

Do you two have a link to where you heard this? I would like to see the debate on that. It should be interesting because I bet the 'academic freedom' card will be played if it gets more serious. That should be a hoot as there is no basis for it in this matter. This smacks of lack of both academic and scientific integrity.
I saw a PDF yesterday, when I was cruising around the myriad of sites that link to sites that link to other sites...Didn't save the link.

Lemmie see if I can backtrack and dig it up.

Perhaps we have discovered where junk science started. Penn State, home of sort of science studies.

Forum List

Back