Why are republicans so stupid when it comes to Food Stamps?

Yes, most those on food stamps are either children, disabled, or the elderly. But if someone works and receives food stamps, their employer should be taxed that amount. Otherwise, food stamps are merely subsidizing the wages of the lowest paid workers.

I was a manager of a grocery department a long time ago. I got so pissed hearing the employees bitch and moan about food stamps that I called a meeting. I started out by proclaiming the our store was no longer going to accept food stamps. After the applause wore off I told them that food stamps accounted for over 15% of the business and they could go ahead and pick the one out of six employees we were going to lay off. They never bitched about food stamps again.
It's good to see someone keeping fairytales alive and well. Did you ever think maybe the reason the employees aren't paid more is because of the current tax load on business owners? And your solution to that is taxing them more? That results in less employees or even more that need government assistance to live.

As for the last part of your story it only happened in your head. Nice fantasy but never really happened. You know how I can tell? Grocery workers don't get paid a lot, as in minimum wage. So based on your original paragraph they would be the ones on food stamps because you were a cheap ass and wouldn't pay them more money yet you expect me to believe you threatened your employees for bitching about "others" on food stamps and they cheered your awesomeness. And then suddenly realized because you are such a great public speaker you meant they would lose their jobs if they couldn't take the food stamps most of them were already on.

You know what a better lesson would have been in this fantasy of yours? If you had told them the reason they make minimum wage is because the taxes and regulations on such an operation are keeping profits at such low levels they can't get a raise. Then you could explain to them how if you actually taxed the store owner the amount any of their employees spent on food stamps it would result in not only them losing their jobs but you as well. The greatest motivational speaker in all of grocery sales history. Because there wouldn't be a grocery store for any of you to work at.

Oh brother . The tax load is keeping wages Down? When companies post big profits and then pay employees shit it's cause of taxes !?

Then raise them and see what happens?

Btw what are you going to get out of it?

1) The cost of food stamps is a small fraction of the overall welfare budget

2) 2/3 of those on food stamps are kids

3) Few people even qualify for food stamps because it is reserved for the poorest of the poor. It's a program way behind on the rate of inflation as well.

4) Some Veterans are on food stamps.

5) Any adult on food stamps has a job

Republicans in congress are either complete assholes or are willfully ignorant.

But hey i get it: it gives republicans hard ons to say "i don't need a handout! I provide! I'm tough as nails! Derp, derp, derp!" They then pretend complete falsehoods or stereotypes about the program because it makes them feel more manly i guess.

Why can't facts ever permeate the republican bubble?
Why do people that identify and vote democrat think that pumping out kids to increase their welfare and food stamps is a way of life?

Yes, most those on food stamps are either children, disabled, or the elderly. But if someone works and receives food stamps, their employer should be taxed that amount. Otherwise, food stamps are merely subsidizing the wages of the lowest paid workers.

I was a manager of a grocery department a long time ago. I got so pissed hearing the employees bitch and moan about food stamps that I called a meeting. I started out by proclaiming the our store was no longer going to accept food stamps. After the applause wore off I told them that food stamps accounted for over 15% of the business and they could go ahead and pick the one out of six employees we were going to lay off. They never bitched about food stamps again.
It's good to see someone keeping fairytales alive and well. Did you ever think maybe the reason the employees aren't paid more is because of the current tax load on business owners? And your solution to that is taxing them more? That results in less employees or even more that need government assistance to live.

As for the last part of your story it only happened in your head. Nice fantasy but never really happened. You know how I can tell? Grocery workers don't get paid a lot, as in minimum wage. So based on your original paragraph they would be the ones on food stamps because you were a cheap ass and wouldn't pay them more money yet you expect me to believe you threatened your employees for bitching about "others" on food stamps and they cheered your awesomeness. And then suddenly realized because you are such a great public speaker you meant they would lose their jobs if they couldn't take the food stamps most of them were already on.

You know what a better lesson would have been in this fantasy of yours? If you had told them the reason they make minimum wage is because the taxes and regulations on such an operation are keeping profits at such low levels they can't get a raise. Then you could explain to them how if you actually taxed the store owner the amount any of their employees spent on food stamps it would result in not only them losing their jobs but you as well. The greatest motivational speaker in all of grocery sales history. Because there wouldn't be a grocery store for any of you to work at.

Oh brother . The tax load is keeping wages Down? When companies post big profits and then pay employees shit it's cause of taxes !?

What are these big profits you think are magically out there?

3) Few people even qualify for food stamps because it is reserved for the poorest of the poor. It's a program way behind on the rate of inflation as well.

But hey i get it: it gives republicans hard ons to say "i don't need a handout! I provide! I'm tough as nails! Derp, derp, derp!" They then pretend complete falsehoods or stereotypes about the program because it makes them feel more manly i guess.

Why do people that identify and vote democrat think that pumping out kids to increase their welfare and food stamps is a way of life?
You're fucking stupid if you think the monthly benefit of food stamps even comes close to the overall cost of raising a kid. We are talking about $133 per month in benefits in comparison to the total costs per month for raisIng a kid. We are talking basic mathematics here. You just believe that stupid myth because it makes you feel superior pretending these mothers are nothing but leeches.

You don't get more welfare cash if u have another kid . Not since bill Clinton .

You're fucking stupid if you think the monthly benefit of food stamps even comes close to the overall cost of raising a kid. We are talking about $133 per month in benefits in comparison to the total costs per month for raisIng a kid. We are talking basic mathematics here. You just believe that stupid myth because it makes you feel superior pretending these mothers are nothing but leeches.
I didn't say the monthly benefit came close to the cost of raising a kid now did I? No. But it increases with each kid, known fact, and it's also a known fact that there's welfare case families that live on welfare their entire lives, generations of them, and they know if they have more kids, their welfare checks go up.

Deny that, idiot.

These people can't afford feeding their children, THEN THEY SHOULDN'T BE HAVING KIDS, PERIOD.

You don't get more welfare cash if u have another kid . Not since bill Clinton .
In what state?

Link?

When companies post big profits and then pay employees shit it's cause of taxes !?
yes when taxes are cut the free market demands that the money goes to workers, customers, or owners. This is econ 101

It's trickle down economics. A proven failure.

do you think competition forces corporations to send tax savings to outer space?? Where then???? if not workers customers and /or owners??

I didn't say the monthly benefit came close to the cost of raising a kid now did I? No. But it increases with each kid, known fact, and it's also a known fact that there's welfare case families that live on welfare their entire lives, generations of them, and they know if they have more kids, their welfare checks go up.

Deny that, idiot.

These people can't afford feeding their children, THEN THEY SHOULDN'T BE HAVING KIDS, PERIOD.

this is true!! Liberals are anti science!! their policies promote survival of the least fit. They have the poor out reproducing the rich.

Deny that, idiot.

You idiot. If the cost doesn't even come close to breaking even, they aren't profiting off of having more kids. The benefits are broken down as per person. You're just parroting the typical retarded stereotype republicans have about the poor.

Deny that, idiot.

this is true!! Liberals are anti science!! their policies promote survival of the least fit. They have the poor out reproducing the rich.
You lie.

What are these big profits you think are magically out there?

Take Walmart for example . Big successful company . Executives make millions . Workers make shit and are subsidized with food stamps . Which Walmart also benefits from as the recipient of that food stamp welfare money .

I must say they have improved wages because of public pressure .

Deny that, idiot.

You lie.

if you had half a brain you'd know to provide evidence. I wonder why you forgot?

The right claims tax breaks help Firms, help Labor, yet, they cannot create Jobs Booms with a capital gains tax preference on a sustainable basis. Should that preference be, "progressive"? the more jobs the more of a tax break?

Forum List

Back