Why Are My Tax Dollars Going To Support Pbs

So why are you people crying about a liberal media?

I'm not. I fully support the right of Air America to exist. I cry about government shoving liberal bullshit down my throat with my own tax dollars. Liberal bullshit is not a public interest suitable for government funding, it's a partisan interest. Why shouldn't the Federal Government subsidize Rush Limbaugh and buy his show and push it out on NPR?

You have the right to vote against it and you have the right to challenge the constitutionality of such spending in the courts.

What more do you want? Magic?
I can't understand you liberals. Fucking glibness about using government money to keep a liberal viewpoint on the air when it can't find enough of an audience via the marketplace.

The better solution is for the KKK to institute a management takeover of NPR and change the programming to something that you find utterly offensive. Hey, you can always vote for your Congressman to do something about that.

No one gives a shit about keeping "liberal viewpoints" on the air. You guys are the only ones trying to make it about political viewpoints.

What percentage of PBS airtime is devoted to political opinion shows? What about the other 23.5 hours of the day?

You think liberal bias is expressed only on opinion programs? Like the plague, it infects everything. As with lies of omission, liberal bias affects what constitutes news and how news events are presented.

BxniDgSCQAA5Tx_.png

Why don't you give an example of this "liberal bias" that pervades everything about PBS?

Is Big Bird a commie? What about Oscar the Grouch?

I'm not. I fully support the right of Air America to exist. I cry about government shoving liberal bullshit down my throat with my own tax dollars. Liberal bullshit is not a public interest suitable for government funding, it's a partisan interest. Why shouldn't the Federal Government subsidize Rush Limbaugh and buy his show and push it out on NPR?

You have the right to vote against it and you have the right to challenge the constitutionality of such spending in the courts.

I can't understand you liberals. Fucking glibness about using government money to keep a liberal viewpoint on the air when it can't find enough of an audience via the marketplace.

The better solution is for the KKK to institute a management takeover of NPR and change the programming to something that you find utterly offensive. Hey, you can always vote for your Congressman to do something about that.

No one gives a shit about keeping "liberal viewpoints" on the air. You guys are the only ones trying to make it about political viewpoints.

What percentage of PBS airtime is devoted to political opinion shows? What about the other 23.5 hours of the day?

You think liberal bias is expressed only on opinion programs? Like the plague, it infects everything. As with lies of omission, liberal bias affects what constitutes news and how news events are presented.

BxniDgSCQAA5Tx_.png

Why don't you give an example of this "liberal bias" that pervades everything about PBS?

Here you go. Chock full of liberal agitprop.

BxniDgSCQAA5Tx_.png

:lol:

Bill Moyer's Journal, Charlie Rose, and Gwen Iffel, are all rabid left wing nuts. Why are my tax dollars going to support their biased diatribe very single week? Wonder what left would say if Rush Limbaugh got taxpayer subsided air time on PBS?

Come on. When was the last time you paid taxes? Do they tax food stamps and disability now?

BxniDgSCQAA5Tx_.png

OK, I've checkmated you. Good.

BxniDgSCQAA5Tx_.png

No, you haven't. A discussion of race is only "liberal agitprop" to a dedicated racist such as yourself.

I'm just not interested in going down this road again.

BxniDgSCQAA5Tx_.png

No, you haven't. A discussion of race is only "liberal agitprop" to a dedicated racist such as yourself.

Plenty of people who play chess would like to disqualify the move which puts them into checkmate. Too bad for them that they don't get to write on-the-fly rules.

You've been checkmated. The fact that you don't want to talk about race and the liberal propaganda on race is immaterial.

BTW, what did you think of the PBS Newshour report on the Danish Cartoon Controversy and their decision to inform their viewers by showing the cartoons at the center of the controversy? Any liberal bias there?

Bill Moyer's Journal, Charlie Rose, and Gwen Iffel, are all rabid left wing nuts. Why are my tax dollars going to support their biased diatribe very single week? Wonder what left would say if Rush Limbaugh got taxpayer subsided air time on PBS?

Why is you christstain churches getting a tax free ride
Because they serve the community good and do not forcibly take my tax dollars.

When I lived in California with my favorite former hubby, I watched PBS so often, I became a member at $65.00 a year and a PBS cute cup. I felt I was contributing to something I was receiving so much gratification from, in the way of outstanding programming. I'm not a person who wants or expects something for nothing.

Hubby asked WHY I was sending them money when it was a station already partially taxpayer funded. :ack-1:

I hadn't a clue.

I never sent them another dime.

They seem to be doing fine. :thup:

I still donate to them. They also have great music you can't find anywhere else on radio.

BxniDgSCQAA5Tx_.png

Moyers, Burns, Rose, Independent Lens, POV, Travis Smiley, and on and on.

Why is you christstain churches getting a tax free ride
Because they serve the community good and do not forcibly take my tax dollars.
Bush, it's always all about you and your measly tax dollars. Just like a typical republican. Damn, suck it up, we can't always choose where our money goes. My tax dollars went down a rathole in Iraq and Afghanistan and I moved on. The amount you pay towards PBS is probably 1/14000 of a penny.

BxniDgSCQAA5Tx_.png

I don't know about PBS but NPR is overrun with progressive liberal propaganda.

Plenty of people who play chess would like to disqualify the move which puts them into checkmate. Too bad for them that they don't get to write on-the-fly rules.

You've been checkmated. The fact that you don't want to talk about race and the liberal propaganda on race is immaterial.

BTW, what did you think of the PBS Newshour report on the Danish Cartoon Controversy and their decision to inform their viewers by showing the cartoons at the center of the controversy? Any liberal bias there?

If it makes you feel better about yourself to claim to have "won", then go for it.

I didn't see the coverage of the "Danish Cartoon Controversy", but if you've got to go back 7 years for an example, you've already lost the argument.

Why Are My Tax Dollars Going To Support PBS? You didn't give enough during pledge drives?

Forum List

Back