Why Are More Americans Lonely Today?

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by dvinman, Aug 25, 2010.

1. dvinman

dvinman VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Rarely has news from an academic paper struck such a responsive nerve with the general public. The National Science Foundation (NSF) reported in its General Social Survey that unprecedented numbers of Americans are lonely.

Published in the American Sociological Review (ASR) and authored by Miller McPhearson, Lynn Smith-Lovin and Matthew Brashears, sociologists at Duke and the University of Arizona, the study featured 1,500 face-to-face interviews, where more than a quarter of the respondents -- one in four -- said that they have no one with whom they can talk about their personal troubles or triumphs. If family members are not counted, the number doubles to more than half of Americans who have no one outside their immediate family with whom they can share confidences. Sadly, the researchers noted that the number of “socially isolated” Americans has doubled since 1985.

Why Are More Americans Lonely Today? - HUMAN EVENTS

Comment The main reason is a multiracial society because it creates alienation and racial tension. Only in multiracial countries will you find a breakdown in trust and community.

Human beings, just like all other forms of life have instincts, and there is racial diversity in the world because of these instincts. Why do you think that we separated into different parts of the world to begin with? Why are we more attracted to members of our own race, or prefer the company of our own people? It has nothing to do with education or upbringing. For races to survive they must have living space (nations) in order to breed true.

The thing I hate most is when white people deny these facts from their 99% white neighborhood.

The second thing I hate most is when people think that this is racist. What's racist is a multiracial society because it breeds racism. Notice there is no racism between Swedes and Chinese, but if you force them to live in the same country I guarantee there will be racism. Ergo, if whites and blacks lived in separate countries, there would be no racism between them. The only exception would be the racial supremacists who believe that they have a right to exploit other people, but they are an extremely small minority in the world. Anyone that disagrees with this comment has been brainwashed by Hollywood and Corporate Media along with Political Correctness!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  2. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    Why Are More Americans Lonely Today?

Because they spend their time trying to figure out why they're so lonely instead of trying to meet people and make friends and associations outside of their little boxes and worldviews. It helps in life to be social and make connections outside of your racial/ethnic/religious comfort zone. Life is so much better when you see people as people and not threatening members of an enemy race. I feel sorry for the mentally deficient sociopath who feels that it's "natural" for him to only want to associate with people who share with him/her a similar amount of melanin. No wonder why your lonely.

3. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,756
    Moronic...simply breathtaking.

4. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,028
    I Live in Southside East Westminster... North Denver... Where Liberal Politicians Occassionaly come to Beg for Votes every 2 to 4 years...FAR from White...

My Best Man was Hispanic and my Mentor in my Career and in MANY Aspects of Life is Black.

Fuck you and your Assumptions about Whites.

:)

peace...

5. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Fear mostly I figure.

Or maybe texting is not as fulfilling as actually talking to someone face to face?

Over the last 50 years or so Americans have abandoned their front porches and moved to their back yards.

Hide inside playing video games and watching TV?

No one reason I think but a composite of several lifestyle changes.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  6. Tank

Tank Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,921
    [​IMG]

7. zzzz

zzzz Just a regular American

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +429
    I agree. The technology revolution has eroded one on one personal communication skills. In the hot summer people are inside with the airconditioning, cable TV, on the internet or playing games or watching movies on demand. The heavier demands of work, from longer work hours to longer work weeks and the need to work 2nd jobs takes away from time to associate with other people. It is a combination of lifestyle changes that continues to isolate individuals.

8. masquerade

masquerade positivity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Computers: A socially connecting device that's socially isolating at the same time. Time spent on the internet does take away from one’s life and detaches those whom one loves most. Question is ... do folks go online because they are lonely, or does being on the net cause them to be lonely. If memory serves, this has been talked about in another thread.

Anyway, if there are some lonely folks out there all alone with their troubles and worries, there is always a therapist that could be called upon. Weekly, or bi-weekly visits to vent worries and frustrations can help.

9. masquerade

masquerade positivity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    I prefer my back yard. Main reason is I don't like looking at my neighbor's garage that is always open and always a mess.

10. MikeK

MikeK Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,703
    When you disagree with the premise of an idea do you always present your argument as, "Fuck you," or only when the premise is for some reason threatening to you?