Why are liberals angry at Trump for using a tax loophole that was signed into law by Obama?

The biggest takeaway is that Trump is even more incompetent with large sums of money as he is as a fake President.
imo the story is "aimed" at Trump supporters who think he's a successful businessman who understands their concerns. I'm not sure they'll get it that Trump is essentially a pyramid scheme based upon some demand for his bad debt that he can never repay, and he has not intention of trying to repay. Because the US can never pay its debt, and GE nearly collapsed because it needed people to buy it's bonds based on past profits. So is Trump really different? He is because Gnp and GE actually require real profits. But I don't see a lot of Trump voters being swayed

But his hairdresser bills and lack of paying any taxes may cut into his support.

The real question is to whom is he indebted and when is his principal due

I see almost no one who supports Trump BECAUSE we think he's a great business man. No one is swayed by the Democrat bull shit that he's not.

Look, Speed Racer. You don't care, you just hate him. We don't care, we like what he's doing at least better than what Biden/Hillary do. NO ONE CARES about this lame BS is he a great business guy shit. So give it up

Simple truth. The rich are provided tax credits, deductions and cuts by every administration since Bush I. Reagan and Speaker O'Neal were the last to a lot of deductions and loopholes out of the tax codes. Since then Congress has slowly added more and more and Presidents have gone along on it.

The rich is writing the tax codes for the rich, who do you think will benefit? It's an area where the two parties agree.

We can talk about the legal tax structure, but thats only a small part of it with Trump.

The OP is about people mainly liberals upset that Trump is taking legal deductions that Obama approved during his administration. That is what I commented on.

OP is a red herring, thats what I'm talking about.

The biggest takeaway is that Trump is even more incompetent with large sums of money as he is as a fake President.

Well, we are looking at 4 Trillion dollar deficit this year...
Keynesian stimulus is okay when Trump does it. Obama only spent a trillion for the worst recession since the 30s and he was vilified for it by the very same people who are now throwing several trillion at Trump's colossal disgraceful disaster.

From dumb to dumber Dumb being whether Trump is a good business man and dumber being you jackasses blaming him for a virus

Keynesian stimulus is okay when Trump does it. Obama only spent a trillion for the worst recession since the 30s and he was vilified for it by the very same people who are now throwing several trillion at Trump's colossal disgraceful disaster.

From dumb to dumber Dumb being whether Trump is a good business man and dumber being you jackasses blaming him for a virus
I don't blame him for the virus. I blame him for his catastrophic bungling of the response to the virus. With only 4 percent of the total world population, we have by far the most deaths.

Trump is a total disaster.

All caught up now?

See the first line in my signature.

I don't blame him for the virus. I blame him for his catastrophic bungling of the response to the virus.

All caught up now?

That's just your lying BS lame diversion from that you are blaming Trump for a virus.

You're as stupid as you sound. It's a virus dim witted jackass

Another dim witted jackass blaming Trump for a virus.

OK, cheetah. So you were against locking down now? That while you demand Trump didn't lock down long enough?

I don't blame him for the virus. I blame him for his catastrophic bungling of the response to the virus.

All caught up now?

That's just your lying BS lame diversion from that you are blaming Trump for a virus.

With only 4 percent of the world population, we have the most deaths.

That's all on Trump.

All caught up now?

With only 4 percent of the world population, we have the most deaths.

That's all on Trump.

You have mental issues, serious ones. What does your KKK Klan say about it?

A poisonous snake bites a man on the leg. He decides to call the snakebite a hoax and ignore it. He waves away a doctor with anti-venom.

"It will go away. Like a miracle."

Later, as he lays dying, he exclaims, "I am not to blame for the snake!"

This is the type of profoundly retarded thinking we see among the Trump sheep.

Neither "conservatism" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) nor libertarianism are represented by a man who is clearly a populist....Worrying about that is a total waste of energy.

As the nominal leader of the Republican party he is the public face of conservative values. I think it's important to make it clear that he is not a conservative - and the opposite of libertarian (ie an authoritarian). Especially when so many idiots on this board say otherwise.

I found Barry Obolshevik's haughty, kinow-it-all, punk-asssed behavior reprehensible, yet his supporters gobbled it up....Didn't send me into orbit as Trump's bull-in-a-china-shop manner obviously does with you.....

He's not a bull in a china closet. He's a troll. His divisive rhetoric is a deliberate attempt to sew confusion, fear and anger.

Suggestion to Liberals who are pissed at Trump for paying little taxes: Change the tax code.

Red herring. This is not about just legal tax avoidance.

This is also about seemingly illegal tax evasion, huge conflicts of interest and many lies Trump tells about his supposedly successful bussiness ventures.

Tax avoidance is not against the Law. You are making allegations of tax evasion. Why hasn’t the IRS moved on it? Those are some big numbers and refunds that changed hands yet he only paid $750. Don’t you think the IRS would be exhausting this or do you honestly believe some scribes at the NYT timing an article near the election is the expertise the IRS needs to move forward?

Bring it on.

As a Libertarian, I’m against tax loopholes. I want the tax code to be as simple as possible, and with marginal tax rates as low as possible.

Democrats prefer higher marginal tax rates, so they can claim that they want to “soak the rich.”

But at the same time, these Democrats also favor giving rich people all sorts of loopholes, writeoffs, and deductions, so they don’t actually have to pay those taxes.

And now, liberals are angry at Trump for using a tax loophole that was signed into law by Obama.

The New York Times just reported:

Mr. Trump harvested that refund bonanza by declaring huge business losses — a total of $1.4 billion from his core businesses for 2008 and 2009 — that tax laws had prevented him from using in prior years.

But to turn that long arc of failure into a giant refund check, he relied on some deft accounting footwork and an unwitting gift from an unlikely source — Mr. Obama.

Business losses can work like a tax-avoidance coupon: A dollar lost on one business reduces a dollar of taxable income from elsewhere. The types and amounts of income that can be used in a given year vary, depending on an owner’s tax status. But some losses can be saved for later use, or even used to request a refund on taxes paid in a prior year.

Until 2009, those coupons could be used to wipe away taxes going back only two years. But that November, the window was more than doubled by a little-noticed provision in a bill Mr. Obama signed as part of the Great Recession recovery effort. Now business owners could request full refunds of taxes paid in the prior four years, and 50 percent of those from the year before that.

Mr. Trump had paid no income taxes in 2008. But the change meant that when he filed his taxes for 2009, he could seek a refund of not just the $13.3 million he had paid in 2007, but also the combined $56.9 million paid in 2005 and 2006, when “The Apprentice” created what was likely the biggest income tax bite of his life.

The records reviewed by The Times indicate that Mr. Trump filed for the first of several tranches of his refund several weeks later, in January 2010. That set off what tax professionals refer to as a “quickie refund,” a check processed in 90 days on a tentative basis, pending an audit by the I.R.S.

His total federal income tax refund would eventually grow to $70.1 million, plus $2,733,184 in interest. He also received $21.2 million in state and local refunds, which often piggyback on federal filings.

Love it

Neither "conservatism" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) nor libertarianism are represented by a man who is clearly a populist....Worrying about that is a total waste of energy.

As the nominal leader of the Republican party he is the public face of conservative values. I think it's important to make it clear that he is not a conservative - and the opposite of libertarian (ie an authoritarian). Especially when so many idiots on this board say otherwise.

I found Barry Obolshevik's haughty, kinow-it-all, punk-asssed behavior reprehensible, yet his supporters gobbled it up....Didn't send me into orbit as Trump's bull-in-a-china-shop manner obviously does with you.....

He's not a bull in a china closet. He's a troll. His divisive rhetoric is a deliberate attempt to sew confusion, fear and anger.
Trump is not the face of conservative values. He is the face of just how dead conservative values are in the Republican party.

He is a symptom of the disease which has killed the GOP.

A poisonous snake bites a man on the leg. He decides to call the snakebite a hoax and ignore it.

That was the article in fake news. Here's the real story

A poisonous snake bites a man on the leg.​
A local inbred angry ass of a human trips him as he tries to get help and says that snake is your fault.​
This is the type of profoundly retarded leftists in America today​

We shut the economy down, lying jackass, we didn't ignore it.

I don't blame him for the virus. I blame him for his catastrophic bungling of the response to the virus. With only 4 percent of the total world population, we have by far the most deaths.

Trump is a total disaster.

All caught up now?

Of course you do, you fucking moron. If you blame him for the $3 trillion deficit, then you blame him for the virus.

Our death rate is lower than 5 European countries, Furthermore, 4 Blue states are responsible for half of our deaths.

You morons have nothing legitimate to attack Trump with, so you try to blame him for COVID. You're a bunch of douchebags.

• Love
Reactions: kaz

Trump is not the face of conservative values. He is the face of just how dead conservative values are in the Republican party.

Two Bidenette leftists discussing what a conservative really is. Classic

As a Libertarian, I’m against tax loopholes. I want the tax code to be as simple as possible, and with marginal tax rates as low as possible.

Thank you. My number one issue I have discussed hundreds of times on this forum is that we need to ban tax expenditures.

But you will see pseudo-conservatives scream like welfare queens at the very prospect of having their government freebies taken away.

A poisonous snake bites a man on the leg. He decides to call the snakebite a hoax and ignore it. He waves away a doctor with anti-venom.

"It will go away. Like a miracle."

How many people are dying solely from the snake bite vs. snake bite plus other pre-existing conditions? How many people’s deaths are being classified as the cause of death even though they never came in contact with the snake?

You're the one who tried to claim you were a conservative for about 4 years, aren't you?

Forum List

Back